$3,200 So Far :)

1. 3 years ago

Iris

12 Jun 2016 User since 2016 + 57 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Iris

Ok so I'm not sure if over $3,200 is good enough to be in the success stories but I started in Jan. Truthfully, I get most of these sales from 3 people and I know I have to do more marketing.

It sucked at the beginning because I was using cheap sound kits, my sounds were weak and I was lucky enough to have people tell me the ugly truth. So I invested in quality sounds and that was really a wise decision. For all you not making sales, listen to your soundkits and make sure they don't sound like 8-bit samples. Id stay away from your keyboard default sounds.

They say you have to spend money to make money. I want to reinvest back into my business. What do you guys suggest?

2. VPower

12 Jun 2016 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by VPower

$1 is a success story. To me a dollar amount does not mean success, success is how you feel about your business. If making that first $1 gets you pumped and excited about selling music, that's success.

Marketing is key so you can ask somebody like' @ThisIsTheLegion' to help you out with that. I think he is selling some services, not 100% sure though.

But don't be so willing to shell unnecessary money if you don't need to. The best investment is time. Time to make more music. Learn other genres. Time to strengthen your brand.

3. I agree with' @VPower' - everyone should define success for themselves and most likely that will evolve.

Marketing is at least half the job' @Iris'. If you want, check out a post I did recently about some of the things have helped me sell beats - http://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/813-25-000-in-sales-through-my-soundgine-store

4. Soundgine

13 Jun 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17594 RP

Great work' @Iris'
    Work daily.

5. Dreamstar

15 Jun 2016 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

True talk' @Iris' (o^_^o)

6. Vinyl Richy

15 Jun 2016 User since 2016 Kansas City, MO + 55 RP

That's dope. I'd say it's definitely a success story my friend. Great work!

or Sign Up to reply!