16K with Soundgine

1. 3 years ago

Tone

12 Jun 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Tone

Been with Soundgine for a little over a year and have made 16K to date. I know the screenshot says 13k but I made the rest over the phone negotiating. Things started to pick up with the M7 player because of the new search tools.

I also work construction but I see myself producing full time by next year. I see success stories on here with tips, the tip I want to share is

Don't ask yourself if you can do it, ask yourself are you willing to work hard

Long time forum lurker, thought I would show a little love and gratitude.

2. 360

12 Jun 2016 User since 2016 + 243 RP

-image-

Congrats! Have any advice for people just starting out?

3. Iris

12 Jun 2016 User since 2016 + 57 RP

Nice' @Tone'! You kind of answered my question by I won't hijack your thread, I will make my own.

4. Tone

12 Jun 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Tone

Don't expect any sales overnight. It took months before I made my first sale. Don't just let your beats sit in your store and sit on your hands. In my case, my beats sucked straight up. Get deep rich sounds, let that bass drop and add in crisp percussions.

Make Dre-Drake type beats, it's current music and artists want those type of beats. Once they know who you are, introduce them to your specialty beats.

I try to listen to mind blowing production and copy it. Learn from producers that are better than you, it only makes you stronger.

5. @Tone' I try to listen to mind blowing production and copy it. Learn from producers that are better than you, it only makes you stronger.

Great advice!

6. Soundgine

13 Jun 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

Well done' @Tone'
    It's extra special to see users succeed.

7. OxygenBeats

14 Jun 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@Tone' sick! That's actually about how much I've made in the last year, and I'm doing it full time. If nothing else, you could even do it full time right now if you get a low cost of living set up; having a low cost of living set up allows me to focus on it 100%.

Anyway, congrats.

8. Griffin

15 Jun 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP

Agree with' @OxygenBeats'

Always live within your means until your business takes off. Or just live within your means in general.

9. _pm

15 Jun 2016 User since 2016 + 582 RP

Success almost always takes some kind of sacrifice.

10. Industry

29 Jun 2016 User since 2016 London + 66 RP

@Tone' Don't ask yourself if you can do it, ask yourself are you willing to work hard

These are some real words. I sometimes speak at my University and ofter we talk about people failing not because lack of skill, but because of lack of working hard.

11. sontwisted

1 Jul 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

what marketing did you do to get those sales

12. Tone

10 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP

Thank you' @OxygenBeats'

Wise words there.

13. Tone

10 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP

'@sontwisted' Sorry for the delayed response. I run the free download option on Soundgine and use the beat URL id's and put them on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

The cool thing about the beat ID's is that when it gets redirected to your player, they can play the other beats while they are there. I also think sharing your beat ID's also help in the charts
    https://soundgine.com/charts/

I haven't been in the charts lately because I'm traveling but 70% of my sales have gone through the charts. It's a hidden goldmine if you get into the charts. It's harder to rank now, im guessing because more people are subscribed with Soundgine.

14. Deleted 2 years ago by sontwisted
  15. Vinyl Richy

11 Jul 2016 User since 2016 Kansas City, MO + 55 RP

Congrats!!

or Sign Up to reply!