M7 Embed Codes Now Available

1. 3 years ago

Soundgine

26 May 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Soundgine

Important: You will need to replace the M6 embed code with the M7 code. It's a different iframe code all together.

-image-
    Live Preview

Tons of Updates

The new M7 with round #2 of updates is now available in your embed code section. This is the latest and greatest M7 with absolutely everything. You can grab the M7 for desktop and mobile. The mobile player has been tested on all model iPhones and plenty of Android phones.

VUE Users: Go into your VUE Settings: Vue > General Settings > Find the "Player" drop down and choose the M7. You won't be able to revert back to M6 so be sure you really want M7

Another note: We are no longer supporting the M6, so if you are in love with M6 or rather wait for awhile, do not switch as we have removed the M6 embed code from the admin panel.

There are so many new options, fixes, improvements for the M7 and I'll address them all in a video in a couple of days.

For now, I will only be announcing this on the forum and most likely sharing it with the rest of the Soundgine world on Monday.

2. OxygenBeats

26 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@Soundgine' is it possible to have the previous m6 links automatically redirect to the equivalent m7 links?

I have lots of youtube videos with links to the m6 player, and it would be a complete b#*$& to have to go through and find all my links and make sure to switch them.

3. Soundgine

'@OxygenBeats' Having the M6 or M7 player has nothing to do with beat URLS if that's what you are talking about. They should work fine if they have the M6 or the new M7

4. Griffin

26 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP

I'll be the first one to thank you my man! I know you guys worked crazy hard on this. It looks fantastic!

5. Helix

26 May 2016 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 802 RP

So damn dope!!!

6. Derrian

26 May 2016 User since 2015 + 373 RP

Welp, there goes my precious sleep. Time to unwrap my new toy!

7. Soundgine

BTW. Give a special shot out to' @Codemaker' for working his magic on M7.

8. Nuro

26 May 2016 User since 2016 + 291 RP

'@Codemaker' You are a GOD. I know the programming world and what you did behind the pretty face is well........Godlike. The responsiveness is well done.

9. Nuro

26 May 2016 User since 2016 + 291 RP

Waiting for the M6 vs M7 post, lol XD

10. VPower

26 May 2016 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP

M7 had me at Menu Screen.

11. Soundgine

For those wanting to remove the Star Ratings

Settings > Auto Play, Play Count > Uncheck "Enable Star Ratings on Music"

Removing any type of Like or Ratings will affect your ratings slightly in the rankings as it's a signal in the charts algorithm. (If being charts is important to you)

12. _pm

26 May 2016 User since 2016 + 582 RP

This soft launch is actually smart. I used to work in software based companies and its a way to get your software out there to a small group and collect any bug data before it goes out to the masses. This M7 is bloody brilliant.

13. Jarvis

26 May 2016 Administrator User since 2016 Los Angeles + 873 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Jarvis

'@_pm' Catching bugs is a plus but not the reason for the soft launch. We are confident that if there are any bugs in M7 they are small ones. The actual reason for the soft launch is to give' @Codemaker' a break for 2 days before working mad again. We also need to prep our current website.

That being said, we'll fix any major bugs are occur asap.

Wanted it out for you guys because we love ya.

14. Velocity

26 May 2016 User since 2015 New York + 107 RP

We need a M7 Showcase thread now.

15. 360

26 May 2016 User since 2016 + 243 RP

M7 feels stripped of the fluff the M6 had which some people probably liked and replaced with smart choices. When I was at design school I learned that the biggest impact is the result of all the little things combined. I can tell you guys put a lot of work in the detail.

You managed to fit a double barrelled shotgun inside a gorgeous interface with that menu screen. Very smart search options and an obvious coupon code field.

The things I don't like is maybe the comments but maybe if I actually had comments I wouldn't care so much. I see an option to disable comments in the future? I don't know.

When stacked with everybody else, M7 is the best beat player in the market. M6 was suspect because of its formatting especially the license boxes and the pop ups in general. The Youtube pop-up needs some work still but I suspect that is coming.

M7 took some tiny steps back but made huge leaps forward.

16. FrozenjaZzBeats

27 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by FrozenjaZzBeats

I am now impatient to understand HOW I can really make the M7 player effective on my Vue page...
    I try to update/refresh, make other changes, re-refresh... and M6 is still there... well... :(

EDIT: ok, nevermind, I am behind a corporate proxy which caches pages more... agressively. Now it is ok, I have M7!

I just have to remember how I did on M6 to change the Colors of the Tabs (default blue) that appear on top of the instructions. Also I could change the "italic" (that is also used for the artist name.... :( to a more simple/slick/modern/basic straight font, I would be happy :) I can't remember if we had access to a custom css for the player... ? ' @Soundgine'

17. FrozenjaZzBeats

27 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

@_pm' I used to work in software based companies and its a way to get your software out there to a small group and collect any bug data before it goes out to the masses.

To be honest, I did not know there was another way :)

18. Deleted 3 years ago by _pm
  19. Sound Variety

27 May 2016 User since 2015 USA + 865 RP

Great job guys' @Soundgine'' @Codemaker'

I've made the switch :)

Quick question.. What if I want customers to be able to search by multiple instruments?
    How would I enter them on the back end?

20. 8-Bit Crab

27 May 2016 User since 2016 San Francisco + 193 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by 8-Bit Crab

'@Sound Variety'

I think for now you are allowed to enter one instrument per beat, basically 1 instrument, 1 mood, 1 similar artist. I called and asked. They said it was to avoid having a drop down of 100 moods, 100 similar artists, etc

but also said if the demand was there, they would allow do more per beat.

But as a customer, they can select multiple instruments, and it will show all the beats with that selected

You beat player looks CLEAN!!!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!