What's New with the M7 Player

1. 3 years ago

Soundgine

23 May 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17594 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Soundgine

We are pushing to release M7 this Thursday-Friday at midnight, here is a list of the improvements and additions we made with more to come.

Sneak Peak with the Menu Panel open:
    -image-

Redesigned Checkout buttons
    Bubble circle with item counts
    Option to remove ratings
    Discount notifications (top bar)
    Add a Tagline by your name
    Material design add and in-cart graphics
    Better formatted license boxes
    Dark Side Menu screen
    Close button for Spotlight video
    Package Deals dedicated screen
    Redesigned Paypal and CC buttons
    Auto TOS check (faster checkout)
    Coupon Code on checkout screen
    Coupon Code box redesigned in Menu
    Animated pop-up and close windows
    Redesigned in cart and add buttons
    New “Similar Artists” search filter
    Youtube icon for instructions panel
    Play beat from the “in-cart” section
    Pop up screen for comments
    Comments now in progress bar
    New music progress bar
    Reset Search
    “Menu” text added for menu icon
    “Search” text added for search bar
    Redesigned Paypal / CC buttons
    Added a “Continue Shopping” button
    Redesigned Tabs
    Improved loading speed
    Auto close when selecting licenses
    Vote counts

What we Removed (Rest in Peace)

Blur iOS style blur (speed)
    Left Panel Image (speed)
    Floating search/comment bar (annoyance)
    Hide / Show Instructions (annoyance)
    Beats tab if you only have beats uploaded (redundant)
    Custom instructions (clutter- we added the ability to add a youtube link for instructions if you really need to explain further)

We spent an enormous amount of time thinking about each item we removed. Some of you are used to M6 so when a feature is removed it could be jarring. We removed these items to vastly improve load speed and to remove clutter. M7 is designed to bring focus back to what really matters, an enjoyable purchasing experience with powerful features.

When you see M7 you will quickly see it’s MUCH improved facelift and usability.

New Embed Code: We REALLY tried to keep the same embed code as the M6 and just update it, but the M7 is too big of an update and includes a "scrolling yes" so you will have to use a different embed code

2. 80z

23 May 2016 User since 2015 + 863 RP

Feels a bit like Christmas in May. I've seen images of M7 on Instagram, looks dope as hell.

3. Soundgine

'@knocksquared' We will add the notes section shortly after launch, don't worry.

4. _pm

23 May 2016 User since 2016 + 582 RP

I'm glad you guys went back and worked on formatting. The M6 is one hell of a beat player but lacked formatting, can't wait to see it!

Also, you had a thread like this earlier but took it down?

5. knocksquared

23 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

WOW !!

6. Soundgine

'@_pm' It was amazing how much M6 needed cleaned up. I took it down because we were going back and forth on the features but this is a solidified list.

7. Soundgine

'@knocksquared' Haha. Makes me happy to add a feature that makes your job easier.

8. VPower

23 May 2016 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by VPower

Like I said in the other post, M7 is freaking amazing. Spoiler alert...the options panel has a feature you guys are going to love! Well, that isn't really a spoiler alert but it's in the notes.

9. fusion

23 May 2016 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 545 RP

Too cool!

10. Derrian

23 May 2016 User since 2015 + 373 RP

This sounds dope, but I bet it's going to look amazing. Anything you think some people won't like? Not to sound too negative, lol! I'm sure M7 will surpass M6 easily.

11. OHLY

23 May 2016 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1241 RP

I've seen it, it's purty! <(^.^)>

12. Soundgine

'@Derrian' We removed the ability to add custom instructions, this may not sit well with a couple people but we did it for two reasons. The first was because we saw people really misuse it by adding tons of graphics and writing a mini novel in that area.

We felt it took away the clean simplicity of the player, we did however give the ability to add a youtube link in the backend if you really want to give detailed instructions. the Youtube icon is right next to the "Instructions" text.

The info bottom bar is now fixed black but you can still customize the progress color and the play buttons. I think overall, people will enjoy the M7 over the M6 by quite a bit.

13. Derrian

23 May 2016 User since 2015 + 373 RP

I think the instructions are fine as is personally, other beat stores have the default ones and they seem to be doing just fine. What is your next move after M6? Just curious what to expect.

14. minty

23 May 2016 User since 2016 + 408 RP

I think some people are going to expect a completely different player, maybe people will be let down a bit?

15. Soundgine

Edited 3 years ago by Soundgine

'@Derrian' We'll be giving VUE and the uploader TONS of love in the next months
    '
    @minty' I hope people are not expecting a completely different player, it's a vast improvement over the M6 player so at first glance you may not see the differences, but once you click around and see things move, people will understand. The options panel will jump out as it's been completely redesigned.

We are prepared for some not like the M7, remember the jump from Mecha5 to M6? M7 is build on M6's backbone so I think most will love it.

16. knocksquared

23 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by knocksquared

@Soundgine' We felt it took away the clean simplicity of the player, we did however give the ability to add a youtube link in the backend if you really want to give detailed instructions. the Youtube icon is right next to the "Instructions" text..

I use the YouTube instruction route in my business and it is a major force in my success. This addition to the player along with the comments section will raise my biz up enormously !!

17. 80z

23 May 2016 User since 2015 + 863 RP

Ha! Just saw you added the sneak peak. M7 is sexy as hell B)

18. Dreamstar

23 May 2016 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

Stunner! you can still change the colors right? All Pink if I choose?

19. Soundgine

@Dreamstar' Stunner! you can still change the colors right? All Pink if I choose?

Sure can, but as mentioned the footer bar is fixed black, but everything else can be customized.

20. Helix

23 May 2016 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 815 RP

Damn! :o

Can you show us the player with the menu closed and a little color added? Pleeeassse?

Also you said the tabs go away if you only have beats uploaded?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!