How To Use Paypal Invoice Templates To Protect You Against Disputes

1. 2 years ago

legendarybeatz

11 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Hope this video helps. This is one of the best ways to protect yourself when you are doing one on one services. Exclusive rights, Custom beats, consulting and services like that.. Please check out the video and share your experiences in the comments so other producers can learn and not fall into these situations.

2. FrozenjaZzBeats

11 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

Thanks for this very useful video!
    I am willing to apply this advice right now, but I am wondering how this will work with Soundgine...
    I use Soundgine mainly because I wanted an automated service, but I don't know how I can use Paypal invoices within Soundgine...

3. legendarybeatz

11 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

These twrms and conditions can be placed in your soundgine control. Settings > TOS > enter your terms and conditions > save.

Right before someone purchases your instrumental they must agree to these terms on your soundgine player. I believe' @Soundgine' had a thread on this.

This way if there is any legal dispute you can now say that on time of purchase user had to agree to TOS which shows your responsibility and the buyers. This is a very important step that producers, especially on here, should do.

4. FrozenjaZzBeats

11 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

hm... yes I have added some TOS, and you have to tick the box before paying... but I am not sure there is any proof that, at the date of the purchase, the TOS were like this or like that (you can change them when you want)...

I guess that when using the invoice with paypal, the records stay in Paypal and that you can proove that the customer agreed on this or that TOS.

But this is cool: for exclusives, I do things manually, so I will use invoices with TOS from now on.
    And good (excellent) idea as well for the mixing/mastering services where customer has to understand he might not be able to get a Top40 quality mastered track for $40...

5. Soundgine

11 May 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 16184 RP

@legendarybeatz' This way if there is any legal dispute you can now say that on time of purchase user had to agree to TOS which shows your responsibility and the buyers.

3 Producers that we know of have won court cases because of the built-in TOS. Well done' @legendarybeatz'

6. Griffin

11 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1074 RP

May I also suggest you add a "Since you receive digital media, there are no refunds after purchase" text somewhere on your website as well. I have won ALL my disputes by showing Paypal where the text is on my website.

7. FrozenjaZzBeats

12 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

@Soundgine' 3 Producers that we know of have won court cases because of the built-in TOS.

Cool... but then I would like to know, does the TOS appear somewhere in an email after the transaction?
    I cannot believe you can win in court just because right now, on your site, the TOS is there.

What proves that the TOS were there at the time of purchase?

8. legendarybeatz

12 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

'@FrozenjaZzBeats' every little bit helps. You need to ensure you have these details on your site as well as when the file is downloaded. In court it is all about what can be proved. It is a fact that the user has to accept terms of service when purchasing a beat off of soundgine player. It will be a fact that the info is on your site and beat page (if llaced there by producer), it is a fact that licence info is sent to user upon completing purchase.

So they should know what the TOS are before pirchasing and have a copy of it delivered with prosuct after... all of these things are put steps that can help protect yourself. If you aren't one or none of these then you are more at risk to losing in a dispute.

9. 5 weeks ago

Very important information, guys! Thank you from 2018 :)

or Sign Up to reply!