$25,000 in sales through my Soundgine store!

1. 3 years ago
    Edited 3 years ago by ThisIsTheLegion

Just hit $25,000 in sales in my Soundgine store! To celebrate, I thought I’d share a few of the things that have helped me get there.

1.) Beats with hooks.

I haven’t looked at the exact numbers, but I would say somewhere around 75% of the beats we sell have hooks on them. This has been true for getting placements with artists too. If a rapper listens to it and already sounds like a great song, they’re gonna jump on it. Maybe this means my beats aren’t that great lol, but as long as it’s working I’m gonna try to get hooks on most of the beats I post up

2.) Soundclick.

This site looks like it hasn’t been updated in about a decade, isn’t well designed and has bad customer service (basically the opposite of Soundgine in every way). But...there are still A LOT of people on there ready to buy beats. I have my soundgine player on my soundclick page of course. There’s no way for me to see the exact numbers of who is buying from there as opposed to my Vue page, but I always see a direct relationship to paying for Soundclick ads and getting a big boost in sales.

I spend a few hundred bucks a month on Soundclick ads and the return on investment is worth it. I would much rather give Soundgine those advertising dollars, but for now Soundclick still has that audience. I can attract new customers there and start sending them to my Vue page and mailing list from there.

3.) Building my email list using Twitter, Mailchimp, and Followliker.

Right now I’ve got about 7,500 newsletter subscribers and get about 1,000 new subscribers each month. Here’s my process. I have a few Twitter accounts. From those accounts I follow people that are following other producers. Everyone who follows me gets an automated direct message with a link to free beats in exchange for their email address. I used to use Crowdfire to do this, but I switched to Followliker since it’s even more automated. Thank you' @OxygenBeats' for helping me set that up!

The link in that DM sends them to an optin page I built using a service called Clickfunnels. Once they enter their email, Mailchimp sends them a welcome email with a link. That link sends them to another Clickfunnels built page that makes them watch a short video where I introduce myself and offer them a $1 trial for our membership program. Here's a link to that page - https://goo.gl/kOj2gZ [edit - had wrong link before]

4.) Clickfunnels

I use Clickfunnels to build all my optin pages, sales pages, business ideas, my membership area, etc. I LOVE Clickfunnels... and it’s expensive ($97/month). But, I’ve made thousands per month by using it. If anyone wants to sign up through my affiliate link, I’ll share my pages with you, so all you’ll have to do is plug in your own pictures and words but the look and functionality will be built for you. You'll get access to an editable version of my optin page, sales pages, membership page, etc. Here’s my affiliate link for a 2 week free trial - https://clickfunnels.com/?cf_affiliate_id=406871&affiliate_id=406871

By the way, I recently started offering followliker as a service to artists, but it actually works even better for producers. I've got a list of over a 100 producer Twitter and Instagram accounts that I've been cultivating for over a year so it's really effective. You can check out that service at moremusicfollowers.com which of course was built with Clickfunnels.

I'm happy to answer any questions! :-D

-image-

2. Ibsenproducer

1 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2109 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Ibsenproducer

Amazing Post Bro, Thankss..! I want join on Followlikers..!

3. legendarybeatz

1 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Real nice post! So you created twitter accounts with a bunch of different emails? Or did followliker help with that process' @ThisIsTheLegion' ? Also, Where did you find the hooks for your beats? Or artists to record the hooks?

4. 80z

1 May 2016 User since 2015 + 863 RP

First, congratulations on your success with Soundgine and maximizing with other services. Most successful producers don't bother posting (ok, there are a few on this forum) but seriously, thank you for posting this. You have no idea how helpful this is for producers coming up. There is a lot of worthless junk out there peddled to producers but you get right into it.

Kickass' @ThisIsTheLegion'
    Shot out to' @OxygenBeats'

5. Edited 2 years ago by ThisIsTheLegion

@Ibsenproducer '; Amazing Post Bro, Thankss..! I want join on Followlikers..!

No problem!

You can check out the software at followliker.com. It's $100 to buy for Twitter and another $100 for Instagram. It's a bit tricky to learn how to use, and it has to be running on a computer that is on and connected to the internet at all times to work. Oh, and you'll also want to buy new proxies every month so you don't get flagged by Twitter or IG.

Or if you want to try letting me do all the work for you, you can try it out at moremusicfollowers.com. It's free for 2 weeks, then $17/month

6. @legendarybeatz' Real nice post! So you created twitter accounts with a bunch of different emails? Or did followliker help with that process' @ThisIsTheLegion' ? Also, Where did you find the hooks for your beats? Or artists to record the hooks?

Thanks!

1.) I manually created the Twitter accounts with different gmail accounts. Twitter.com/ThisisTheLegion is one of about 5 accounts I have promoting The Legion

2.) I'm lucky to have a couple guys that live near me that do hooks, but I also have gotten hooks from people online. June B is a great choice. He's really professional, has a quick turnaround, is affordable and a good dude. You can also check beat selling charts (soundgine, soundclick, beatstars, etc) and see who's doing the hooks and reach out to those guys.

7. @80z' First, congratulations on your success with Soundgine and maximizing with other services. Most successful producers don't bother posting (ok, there are a few on this forum) but seriously, thank you for posting this. You have no idea how helpful this is for producers coming up. There is a lot of worthless junk out there peddled to producers but you get right into it.

Kickass' @ThisIsTheLegion'
    Shot out to' @OxygenBeats'

Right on' @80oz', I'm always happy to share with and learn from The Soundgine community!

8. countmorris

1 May 2016 User since 2015 Orlando, Florida + 668 RP

Sick achievement' @ThisIsTheLegion' . Thanks for the marketing advice. I just started my musical journey roughly 3-4 years ago so I've been mainly focusing on the actual product and producing skills. I'm just now starting to really put some focus into marketing. I've noted some of the advice you have given so thanks man!

I see you on social media all the time whether it's for your beats or your engineering. keep grinding bro glad to see you doing well!

9. Tyson

2 May 2016 User since 2016 Hawaii + 804 RP

And I thought my results were good :)

A big congrats to you!

10. mckeeverbeatz

2 May 2016 User since 2015 Columbus, OH + 510 RP

Damn! Keep grinding! That's inspiring. Thanks for the article.' @ThisIsTheLegion'

11. itbangz

3 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1508 RP

is twitter still alive? is anybody reading DM's from unknown people?

12. ghostx

3 May 2016 User since 2016 San Fransciso + 15 RP

Signed up just to ask, what is VUE? Is this a service or an addon?

A big appreciation for a response, thank you.

13. highflown

3 May 2016 User since 2015 + 655 RP

@itbangz' is twitter still alive? is anybody reading DM's from unknown people?

Wondering the same thing. Because I NEVER read tweets that are automated from people.

14. Razor

3 May 2016 User since 2015 Texas + 146 RP

@ghostx' what is VUE?

VUE is a website Soundgine offers.

How to win at selling beats.

1. Funnel all your traffic including social media, mail campaigns, click funnels, AdWords to VUE
    2. Win

15. Nuro

3 May 2016 User since 2016 + 291 RP

'@highflown' '
    @itbangz'

Good point on Twitter. Maybe' @OxygenBeats' could shed some light on that since he helped' @ThisIsTheLegion' set it up.

16. musicbox

3 May 2016 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

Hell yeah' @ThisIsTheLegion' that's what I'm talking about. Full speed ahead.

17. legendarybeatz

3 May 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

\hey' @itbangz' , that's a good question and the answer is that you aren't "unknown" anymore when someone follows you. He said only the people who follow him back will get the automated message. So because they followed him, they are more likely to read the dm. Think of it like this, When you get an ad in the mail from a store you regularly go to, you are more likely to read it, than if you were getting ads from random places; you would most likely just throw them away. It's the same with online marketing. Especially when someone took the time to actually follow you back or join your email list. Consider this as a very BIG DEAL. You can now use that as a means to build relationships, as he pointed out, by using his mailing list.

18. Yep' @itbangz',' @legendarybeatz' is right. These are people that followed me so they are more likely to respond or click than someone randomly DMing them.

And to answer your question about whether it works or if there are still people on Twitter' @itbangz', yes! It's definitely on the decline compared to what it was, but Twitter is where I get the majority of the 1,000 new email subscribers I've been averaging per month.

19. @countmorris' Sick achievement' @ThisIsTheLegion' . Thanks for the marketing advice. I just started my musical journey roughly 3-4 years ago so I've been mainly focusing on the actual product and producing skills. I'm just now starting to really put some focus into marketing. I've noted some of the advice you have given so thanks man!

I see you on social media all the time whether it's for your beats or your engineering. keep grinding bro glad to see you doing well!

Thanks man, I've seen you on IG too. Marketing is a whole different job from producing, but it can be fun too

20. Thanks' @Tyson'' @mckeeverbeatz' and' @musicbox' !

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!