Domain Forwarding

1. 3 years ago

3ny6ma

30 Mar 2016 User since 2015 The 3rd Sphere + 67 RP

If I have a domain name that I purchased and want it to display at the top of the page instead of the soundgine name, how would I do that?

I purchased http://www.enigmaticbeats.com from google and already did the forwarding part, however upon arriving on the soundgine page, it still shows 3ny6ma.soundgine.com instead of the aforementioned domain name.

Please help if possible.

Thanks,

2. 80z

30 Mar 2016 User since 2015 + 863 RP

Did you already apply for the transfer inside of the Soundgine control panel?

Step 1: Go to your control panel and on the left hand side

-image-

Step 2: Click on "Transfer Domain"

-image-

Step 3: Fill in your domain name and email address, click apply

Usually takes 24 to take effect.

3. Soundgine

30 Mar 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

Your nameservers have not transferred to ours. So you either

1. Did not transfer them properly
    2. The process has not taken effect yet.

Once they say:
    NS1.SOUNDGINE.COM
    NS2.SOUNDGINE.COM

You will good to go.

4. 3ny6ma

31 Mar 2016 User since 2015 The 3rd Sphere + 67 RP

'@80z' , thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

To the admin, I did that part today, but the person that helped me only had me use the default google forwarding name servers. However, seeing as how I have to use the soundgine name servers as you've stated, since I've now setup the part that 80z stated, I just have to wait until it processes and add your name serves to the google section for it to take affect correct?

5. Soundgine

31 Mar 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

'@3ny6ma' if you already told them to transfer your nameservers then it should not take more than 48 hours. You can tell if your nameservers have changed here

Again, changing your nameservers is not something we can do, they have to do it. Typically, places like GoDaddy and HostGator give you a control panel where you can easily add in custom nameservers.

You can see your current nameservers here.

http://www.whois.com/whois/enigmaticbeats.com

6. 3ny6ma

31 Mar 2016 User since 2015 The 3rd Sphere + 67 RP

okay cool, I know google has it, I'll just have to change it to the ns thing. Thanks for the help. very much appreciated.

or Sign Up to reply!