Made a $1400 Beat Sale!

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

Maxx Factor

31 Aug 2015 User since 2014 Paris + 205 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Maxx Factor

Wow, I haven't been on this forum for awhile, nice to see this forum again :)

Yes, I will occasionally get big sale days like this but it's all about getting consistent sales. For example, today I made $139 before hitting the midnight mark. I don't really like posting my sales online because I don't want to appear as a show off. I'll post my monthly sales shortly just to show producers at any experience level it can be done.

3. Royal

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP

'@Maxx Factor' So inspirational, I kinda want to start a thread like a sales thread so we see people making money. I've made about $300 last week but a $1400 day? That's cool!

4. LoonyBinBeats

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

I know this is an old thread but thats awesome, keep on killin it

5. Maxx Factor

Edited 2 years ago by Maxx Factor

This is my sales although it doesn't show all my sales since Soundgine just recently started recording sales. So $3400 dollars for a relatively short time but its more like 7-8k. I also have sales that went through other avenues other than Soundgine.

6. Maxx Factor

'@LoonyBinBeats' Thx, but I'm sure I'm not as big as other people here. Just showing beat makers there is money out there.

7. LoonyBinBeats

'@Maxx Factor' thanks for sharing, this should definitely show people that selling beats isn't as hopeless as people make it out to be, you can live off your music if you put in the work

8. Kid V

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 Venice Beach California + 392 RP

I made $209 today, but I'll make a separate post!

9. legendarybeatz

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Definitely would be cool to have a category for producers who want to share their sales stats. Would be encouraging to other producers I'm sure.

10. FrozenjaZzBeats

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

This is inspiring !
    I used to have some success on Soundclick, but since my Soundgine move, I have not really promoted anything, and my sales are ... well, close to zero.

I have been contacted, by email, by several different artists, claiming they really wanted to buy my beats as exclusive (usually around $200). We exchange mails, I spend time trying to build a human relationship, and when it is time to pay... *poof* nobody, they just vanish :)

11. musicbox

31 Aug 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

@FrozenjaZzBeats' This is inspiring !
    I used to have some success on Soundclick, but since my Soundgine move, I have not really promoted anything, and my sales are ... well, close to zero.

I have been contacted, by email, by several different artists, claiming they really wanted to buy my beats as exclusive (usually around $200). We exchange mails, I spend time trying to build a human relationship, and when it is time to pay... *poof* nobody, they just vanish :)

Maybe you just have to close your clients, give them a discount or get a second one for 75% off. Something to close the deal, have you tried that?

12. FrozenjaZzBeats

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

Yep, I tried these, or offering free mixing/mastering, but no news...
    I should just move on to the next customer I guess, instead of trying to spend so much time and energy in convincing clients that don't really want to buy.

13. legendarybeatz

Edited 4 years ago by legendarybeatz

Try this' @FrozenjaZzBeats' , When someone states they are interested in your track for exclusive rights, give them a time frame. Learning to "close" sales is kind of tough. But you have to show some sort of urgency as well, because you don't want to leave these types of emails "open". "Open" meaning that the client as the power to come whenever they want expecting the same deal.

So for example, Client comes to you stating that "I want your beat and I'll pay you $200 exclusive for it", you say "That sounds great! Can I send you the invoice now or the instant payment download link?" Customer: "Not right now, I have to get some money together",
    You: "That's no problem, I will sell you the beat for $180 if you can pay by this date.....I'll also throw in a discount for mixing & mastering .... only available if you purchase by this date. Please let me know if this works for you"
    Customer: " That sounds great! I'll keep in touch.

Now, when the date comes two things can happen, The client can pay you what is owed, or you can reach out to the client to remind them. Either or is better than having the client get all the power of when they want to purchase. They clearly are interested and clearly can get some money, thus why they asked.

So this may help for future sales.

14. LoonyBinBeats

'@legendarybeatz' awesome advice man

15. legendarybeatz

Thanks' @LoonyBinBeats' , when you build relationships, you no longer have to "market", you just have to talk. There's a difference. I hope it helps someone.

16. Maxx Factor

I find that the people that reach out to you are usually 95% ready to buy immediately. Each hour that goes by cuts the probability of buying your beats dramatically. Closing is crucial.

I send them an invoice immediately and offer something free off the books.

17. legendarybeatz

So' @Maxx Factor' how do you add that same effect to your list. Since your list is there for a longer time frame. How do you engage them to purchase beats, do you just send updates on new beats, or do you mix in other music related material like production videos, promotion advice and things like that?

18. M Beats

1 Sep 2015 User since 2015 + 78 RP

Man, theres some gold in here!

19. Twitterz

20 Oct 2015 User since 2015 + 63 RP

I just came here asking about Twitter but look like Soundgine is whats happening right now. What are the keys to sales like these? :)

20. legendarybeatz

20 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Hey' @Twitterz', there's a great post about this already, You can check it out here: http://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/412-ultimate-music-selling-guide It's very detailed. If you have any more questions, you can ask them there and I'm sure the Soundgine community will reply with the answers. Hope it helps

21. 3 years ago

Royal

6 Jan 2016 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP

Well, not exactly made $1400 in beat sales which was my goal to beat based on this thread O_o

But, just made $119.
    Ever since the move from Mecha5 to M6 my bounce rate has improved a lot! It's quicker and easier to checkout :)

lotta love' @Soundgine'' @Codemaker'
    Now, off to hustle some more!

or Sign Up to reply!