What is the Most Trending Beat Style Today ?

1. last year

mixscape

4 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2719 RP
    Edited last year by mixscape

Trap Beats , Pop Beats ?.. Let me know what you think.. :)

2. OxygenBeats

4 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3532 RP

@mixscape that's a good question...

3. daroobeats

4 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1814 RP

Waddup. @OxygenBeats
    Pop never dies. Trap is very popular but numbers don't lie. Pop hits generate near billion views on youtube alone.

4. PixelSashay

4 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2143 RP

~True @daroobeats pop does just that pop lol that & the EDM scene are pretty hot right now. Trap is extremely popular since being embraced on radio not to mention that is what most hip hop artist are asking for now too. EDM fused with Trap is also banging these days as well.

However, I personally think this has a lot to do with an individuals demographic.

5. OxygenBeats

5 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3532 RP

@daroobeats Pop music is simply the most popular music of the time. So, it goes without saying that "Pop" music is the most popular. That's the whole definition of the term haha

But I'm interesting in specifically what styles people think are the most popular. "Pop" music meant something completely different 10 years ago, and 10 years before that and so on and so forth. But, I'm curious what people think. Is the "RnBass" the most popular style? Is trap the most popular style, and what style of trap? etc?

6. Last year I did a lot of DJ Mustard type beats and those were doing really well. This year I'm focusing more on the "Trapsoul" style, like Bryson Tiller or Tory Lanez type. Always trying to do a wide range of styles of course, but if something is doing well, I like to focus on it. Plus I've found if I make the same genre of beat over and over I usually get better and more efficient at making that genre.

7. Yeah, it's most likely whatever is popular aka "Pop" music. @OxygenBeats , I would listen to what is hot in the music industry and try to form my own style of it. @ThisIsTheLegion , I completely feel what you are saying. The more I work on a specific genre the more efficient it get in it. I think as a producer it is important to be able to do all types of genre in your own style. For me beat styles and genres are about the sounds, we are basically using drum sounds and sounds that are familiar to the consumers ear.

8. Soundgine

5 Feb 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 13358 RP

Latinajazzbrostep.

9. mixscape

5 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2719 RP

@Soundgine you're wrong, it's afrosoulbreakstep XD

10. rfbeat

6 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Australia + 1092 RP

polkadubstep is taking the world by storm XD

11. daroobeats

6 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1814 RP

@PixelSashay I like the Trap and EDM mixtures.

12. OxygenBeats

7 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3532 RP

lmfao you guys crack me up.

But really, I think it's #SoundgineStep

13. Baobao Bitz

9 Feb 2016 User since 2015 Atlanta, GA (USA) + 42 RP

Entertaining! Lmfao!
    I think hip hop( dirty south , trap), EDM, Pop...but it all boils down to the quality of the marketing and of the beats of course!

14. mixscape

10 Feb 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2719 RP

@Baobao Bitz it all boils down to the quality of the marketing and of the beats of course!

agree

15. 8 months ago

Is trap still the most trending beats?

16. an0nym0u5beats

7 Mar 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

Hear me out before loosing your mind ;)

Traps on its way out, to over played now, just like when dubstep broke out. Pop will always dominate. I cant think of a popular Trap song that will still be on the radio in 20 years but Pop, hundreds of songs have that kind of longevity. Not saying it didnt make its mark, but I look at Trap as a flash in the pan, trend type of music, that in a few years when you hear it, it will sound dated and remind you of some part of your life and just feel like history, but not ageless.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't really see "Trap" as a music style but more of a vocal or rapper style. That type of music or "beat" has been around since early 2000's. Reminds me of early Three 6 Mafia or some other stuff from that era. What makes something sound "Trap" to me is the unmistakable triplet rap/talk type performance, or two syllable pause type rap and the over auto-tuned and whiny voice over a heavy beat with intricate high hat work.

Music = nothing new

vocal style = easy?

I will admit about 50% of my current clientele will bring in "Trap" style beats to rap over. And 100% of them all sound the same...not the beat, but the vocal performance. Aww man and dont even get me started on the lyrical content, gezus christ. Wtf happend to sustenance, a story...a message!

I feel like Trap got popular because it allowed average and mediocre rappers to do something trendy and feel that they too are amazing, and it may be true, but its not ;) lol

17. 3 months ago

Tyson

Aug 4 User since 2016 Hawaii + 397 RP

You guys think Trap is still on its way out? What do you think is the new emerging sound?

18. Soundgine

Aug 4 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 13358 RP
    Edited 3 months ago by Soundgine

Not to put our nose in your business, but thought we should share that the sales trends for all producers are movie scores, trailer scores, music for Youtube videos.

Of course, beats rank #1 overall, there is a demand for things other than actual beats.

19. an0nym0u5beats

Aug 4 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1662 RP

+1 for def believing Trap is on its way out. I A&R for 2 indie hip hop labels and both are 100% against signing any trap artists, too saturated and too much crap. Can anyone actually name a NEW "Trap" artist that got signed to a major in the past 2 years? Im really asking you guys, cause the 2 labels i work with keep asking me that lol. Not to say people wont stop making it or listening to it, but its already been on the decline for a while now.

Im not sure what the next new trend will be, but it seems some old school sample/loop based stuff is making a strong comeback.

My moto, and you can quote me, "Pop is for the times, everything else declines" lol.

20. 3 days ago

Agree with @an0nym0u5beats
    You can't go wrong with Pop, especially with hooks.

or Sign Up to reply!