Credit Card checkout (Stripe)

1. 3 years ago

taylorboy

26 Jan 2016 User since 2016 + 33 RP

Would like to know if could consider using stripe as a credit card checkout system i know that myflashstore and beatstars using it for there platform its no big processing fees here"s a link about stripe.https://www.stripe.com

2. Volume

27 Jan 2016 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

Stripe is horrible. I used it once on a application only to have them "lose" our payments. Basically got ripped off $800 in sales.

The excuse they gave me was payouts are not given if "THEIR" system had a glitch despite having my own records and customers willing to testify for sales.

Turns out I wasn't the only one with this issue.

3. musicbox

27 Jan 2016 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

I guess having more choices doesn't hurt. but on the other hand Stripe got hammered in it's reviews and they are not old, but new complaints. Guess Soundgine is looking out for us:

http://www.merchantmaverick.com/reviews/stripe-review/ (Scroll down to the comments section)

4. Soundgine

27 Jan 2016 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17406 RP

In considering Stripe, we found major issues including the inability to protect our customers from fraud. Stripe has no phone number to contact them immediately if there's an issue not to mention way too many instances of them denying payment from legit credit cards.

This is why we decided on the biggest and reputable merchants like 2checkout, Authorize.net & Paypal. You may pay a little more on fees but you're paying for protection and the seamless purchasing process where they actually check CVV / CVC's in each credit card transaction.

Once Stripe fixes their basic core issues, we may consider using their API for a payment gateway, but as of now, we don't feel comfortable having our customers go through this service.

5. OHLY

27 Jan 2016 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1221 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by OHLY

Had a friend use Stripe and he made a $2500 sale. Soon after Stripe sent him an email that they could no longer do business with them and they would hold it for 90 days. Yes....90 Days.

They have the reputation of freezing, then closing, then running away with your money.

6. 10 months ago

itbangz

6 Aug 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1508 RP

any plans integrating /www.braintreepayments.com ?

or Sign Up to reply!