Lets Get Motivated

1. 3 years ago

LoonyBinBeats

24 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

So sometimes I get this weird sudden burst of energy that lasts maybe for a few days or even a week or two and I just kill it in the studio, and I get real motivated to work hard on my craft and my music production business, but then I, for some odd reason, burn out like a candle and can't seem to muster the motivation that I need to get even the simplest of things done.

So if this is something that happens to us all lets comment some cool tips and suggestions to help get us out of this un-motivational slump that we all seem to fall into every now and again.

2. daroobeats

24 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

'@LoonyBinBeats' Wow. I was thinking the same thing. All producers go through this. When i'm on fire I make sure I get to work and use it to my fullest. Its like writers block. You find yourself trying to compete with yourself sometimes in that situation.

Its been times where I listen to an old track and try to have that vibe and just cant do it. Or I'll have a great idea and my head and when I try to put it down I lose motivation. My answer is to step away and play with something else.

Sometimes I watch wack Netflix low budget films and get inspired lol.

To all producers, If you are not motivated, find out what motivates you and make it your go-to.

3. PixelSashay

24 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2424 RP

~You know this happened to me a few nights ago but in general it happens from time to time just out of the blue. There are times I would be on a roll & create 2 or 4 beats in a couple hours with about 6 or 8 other quick melodies or ideas I threw down in Reason or on my phone while in the middle of creating or finishing up a beat.

When I'm in Super Saiyan Produce or Writing Mode I make the MOSTTTTT of it because when that beat or writers block hits it's damn painful & one of the most annoying things ever.

Personally for me though occasionally I cause this on myself by trying to put 48hours of work in a 24hour day on 4 hours of sleep or less smh. Lesson to be learned sometimes burning the candle at both ends isn't always productive especially if it's done constantly without proper rest.

On a more positive note though, if it's just a random case of feeling unmotivated or beat block I watch anime, hit the PS & do a few hours of gaming to clear my mind a bit or I take a couple days or a week off from music entirely & simply rest my EARS.

4. daroobeats

24 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

'@PixelSashay' I love how you said "Super Saiyan Producer:"

5. PixelSashay

24 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2424 RP

~Lol' @daroobeats'

6. LoonyBinBeats

25 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

'@PixelSashay'' @daroobeats' thanks for your input, I'll probably be getting down on some old school playstation games now in a bit, try and redirect my thoughts for a while, I think I just burned myself out like' @PixelSashay' had mentioned earlier lol,

I guess it's kind of like working out, you need to have your rest days because if you don't you will lose motivation and wear yourself out which at the time seems like your in Beast Mode going in and getting stuff done but in the long run can also hurt your motivation.

Sometimes what i like to do is just go through other peoples websites that also sell beats and listen to their tracks, it helps motivate me because a lot of you guys are killin beats and it inspires me to do better. But I just wanted to get some other ideas on what we could do when we fall into this "producer's block" so thanks again i really appreciate the input.

7. mixscape

25 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2861 RP

Eat some almond is an excellent natural way to stimulate creativity ;) it's a secret weapon ^^

8. LoonyBinBeats

25 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

'@mixscape' really? first time hearing about almonds but sounds like something to try thanks :-D

9. mixscape

25 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2861 RP

'@LoonyBinBeats' yeah it's true ;)

http://www.indiatimes.com/health/healthyliving/do-almonds-really-boost-brain-power-241744.html

10. rfbeat

27 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Australia + 1092 RP

Taking a day here and there wont mean you will fail you cant work at 110% all the time and hell you shouldn't :) gotta have some fun in there too :)

11. OxygenBeats

29 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

I think we all get excited toward the New Year.

12. FrozenjaZzBeats

30 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by FrozenjaZzBeats

@OxygenBeats' I think we all get excited toward the New Year.

Here it is not the same story... I have so many things to do, I wanted to work on my website, try to build a mailing list, but I don't know where to start... and extra work is now needed as M6 is forced instead of M5...

And the context is really bad... I have a son (6 months old) and am wondering in what kind of world he will live :(

13. mixscape

31 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2861 RP

'@FrozenjaZzBeats' Believe in your son and he will believe in himself..

Work Hard and Think Positive. Positive thinking and attitude create happiness and success ;)

14. FrozenjaZzBeats

31 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

'@mixscape' Merci for these nice and motivating words!

15. mixscape

31 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2861 RP

'@FrozenjaZzBeats' you're welcome dude ;)

16. I sometimes will listen to a random producers' beats and get motivated by something in their work. (Instruments used, melody, vibe, certain kick, effect, etc) :)

or Sign Up to reply!