Email List?

1. 2 years ago

motrakx

28 Oct 2015 User since 2015 + 128 RP

As I said yesterday I'm really kinda knew to the whole online marketing world. i see a good way to grow your beat business is through email list and email marketing. I can't really grasp how to go about getting started I do a lot of research and watch a lot of how to videos and I just don't get it lol. It seems everyone has a list already. I'm starting from scratch most people in my email now are clients from my studio so I'm already selling them studio time and beats offline. I need to understand in very simple terms (treat me like A baby) lol step by step how to get started and maintain the list. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance

2. godlike

28 Oct 2015 User since 2015 New York + 795 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by godlike

Soundgine has a great email system using Aweber and Mailchimp, you should definitely take advantage of it if you're already using Soundgine.

Set it up and forget it. Works like a charm and better than the competition because you get really get specific in your email lists.

3. legendarybeatz

28 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1924 RP

Hey @motrakx You've asked a very good question and it's not just the list, but how you treat the people in the list. Ultimately, you are trying to build a trusting relationship, turning someone from just downloading your free lead magnet to actually making a purchase of your product. There are many things you can search up online, but it all depends on what type of market you are targeting and the nature of that niche, obviously. With that being said, there are still some basic principles that you can apply that will help get on the right track no matter what niche you are in.

Below I have place some links to blog posts from Patt Flynn, who is a beast at affiliate marketing. You should also check out videos from Gary Veynerchuck. Both of these successful marketers/entrepreneurs tell you about the concept of Give, Give, Give, then ask (As Gary puts it, Jab, jab, jab, Right hook). What this mean is that you give good information, quality data and give more than you receive and then when you ask, your followers would be more inclined to give. May take some time to perfect this of course, based on the information you share and products you sell, but the concept will still be the same.

Here are the links:
    http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/a-beginners-guide-to-email-list-segmentation/
    http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/the-dos-and-donts-of-email-marketing/
    http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/how-to-train-your-subscribers-to-open-your-emails-every-time-you-send/

Hope that helped.

4. motrakx

29 Oct 2015 User since 2015 + 128 RP

@godlike and @legendarybeatz I appreciate the info. I'm going to check out all this great information in depth. I feel like I'm in school again lol but it's worth it. Thanks again!

5. 3 months ago

@godlike Soundgine has a great email system using Aweber and Mailchimp, you should definitely take advantage of it if you're already using Soundgine.

Set it up and forget it. Works like a charm and better than the competition because you get really get specific in your email lists.

I love googling the old threads, just the information I needed :)

BTW for any new ppl, Awebber and Mail chimp are now located under the tab Beats & Music Tools

6. minty

Jul 22 User since 2016 + 311 RP

Welcome @Katabok

FINALLY, someone learned how to use the search function. :-D

7. lol XD

or Sign Up to reply!