Make a Kind of "Invoice" For Exclusive Sales?

1. 3 years ago

FrozenjaZzBeats

2 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

Hello, I am just wondering... I have a customer who wants to buy an exclusive beat from me, at a price we have negociated.
    I could quickly change the price of the exclusive for this track, and pray that nobody buys it before him, but this is not a good idea I thing...
    For now, I disabled all the exclusives on my page, and I negociate by email and ask for direct payments.
    Problem is: my exclusive sales are not visible as they are outside of the soudngine system, not good for charts points.. and I don't see them in my admin. Also, I cannot easily benefit from the 2co credit card option that is put in place on my soundgine page.

So I was wondering how you proceed? I can't believe exclusive sales are made by customers just cliking on a premade price... I am sure most of you negociate the price based on the artist and what he wants to do with the beat. And this way you build a real relationship...

Thanks for any idea or tip...

2. legendarybeatz

3 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Hey' @FrozenjaZzBeats' , I'm so glad that you brought this up! I would love to have this feature on soundgine, mainly because I do the same thing as you. The difference is, I create the invoices in paypal and then send the instrumental (with trackout files) through wetransfer.com. Would be great to be able to use Soundgine as the main source. Especially if producers like myself are selling mostly exclusives to recurring customers. Would definitely help with my chart points, because none of my sales are coming through soundgine, since they are all custom beats. Maybe it would be cool to create a private/public option, so that beats that are being worked on, only the customer has the link to that beat. This would make it easier for customer review and purchase. Good suggestion man, I was just thinking about this the other day.

3. FrozenjaZzBeats

7 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

Yep, I don't sell much these days, but I have an exclusive sale pending, and it would have been cool to be able to use' @Soundgine' for that! Instead, I'll have to make a separate paypal invoice, and mark the beat as "sold", but it won't count...

4. OxygenBeats

8 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

Yeah, this is a really great suggestion. I never get any charts credit for my exclusives sales because no one ever uses an automated store to buy exclusives. They always are going to want to talk to you and have a conversation, and I always end up making them a special paypal link.

5. Soundgine

20 Oct 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17426 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Soundgine

How do we prove exclusive sales though? I guess invoices through our system. Think I answered my own question, lol.

6. legendarybeatz

20 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

lol' @Soundgine' It really would be great to have this feature. Maybe integrate some paypal api, so that the invoice is actually also made on paypal, but through soundgine?

7. Soundgine

'@legendarybeatz' I must be tired. lol!

Yeah we'll have to create something that will not encourage fraud in the ranking system. Im sure there is some kind of API regarding invoices somewhere, we'll dig into it. How often to do you guys do invoices?

8. legendarybeatz

Honestly, most of my sales are invoiced out manually, because most of my customers purchase custom beats. So if Soundgine has a "project" management type of system where if your working with a client, they have one place where they can preview the beat, make suggestions on changing, then finalize payment. Kind of like how Fiverr.com allows the person to place their order, then the service provider would deliver the work, if the person likes it, they confirm that they like it, if they want revisions, it's still easy to revise and everything is all in one place. Doesn't have to be as elaborate as that, but I think something along those lines would be great.

9. Soundgine

Very interesting.' @Codemaker'

I'm sure we can come up with something.

10. legendarybeatz

That would be great! Looking forward' @Codemaker'' @Soundgine'

11. OxygenBeats

20 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@Soundgine' yeah, that's a good point. I guess implementing this would increase the ease of fraud in the charts if the charts are based on sales figures. Because you could just pay like $2000 for an exclusive sale to yourself and then count the paypal fees as a low advertising cost.

I'm actually stopping exclusive sales, with the exception of custom exclusive beats, so that I can forward my music to TV and also sound packs. So, I don't really care quite as much about having this, but it would still be cool. But yeah.... the trick is...... how do you do this while eliminating fraud?

12. OxygenBeats

20 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@legendarybeatz' oh shit, I kinda skipped past what you said, but I just read it! That would be dope actually! Since all my exclusives are custom exclusives, that would come in real handy!!

13. legendarybeatz

Yea' @OxygenBeats' If Soundgine can implement some part of the paypal api, I think it could be done. Espcially if it actually creates a real invoice in your paypal so that you can still track it easily. Pretty much it's Paypal invoicing through soundgine. I think the fraud factor would not be there as much, because Soundgine has a good relationship with paypal and I'm sure most producers have heard of the security features Soundgine has implemented. They are on top of things.

14. OxygenBeats

21 Oct 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@legendarybeatz' I mean, fraud will still be a big factor... but then again, fraud will always be a big factor. I'll bet if someone really wanted to they could be frauding up and down the charts right now. People do it on all the charts and on everything. Changing the rules doesn't get rid of cheaters, it only makes them evolve; kinda like how bugs evolve to become resistant to pesticides...

But yeah, that'd be cool to have :D

or Sign Up to reply!