Scam Artists of the Music Production Industry

1. 4 years ago

80z

2 Sep 2015 User since 2015 + 863 RP
    Edited last year by 80z

I signed up to inform the music industry, primarily new guys about the 4-headed snake that has and still is poisoning the world of beat makers and music production.

The information below is based on my person experiencing and other producers I know personally. This is not a blinding written post and is a result of well known facts. The intention of this is to guide you away from scams and stop you from spending money on bogus programs and workshops.

1. Sean Ali (Blitzbeats.com )
    Sean Ali is part of the pyramid scam called "Empower Network" and the goal of this guy is to pull you into the Empower Network program forcing you to spend thousands of dollars on pure garbage. He started a group called "Beat Selling Squad" but was eventually exposed by the fraud. Do you research online, you'll see what I'm talking about.

2.Kyle Artz (Beats4legends.com & Sellbeatsnow.com )
    Offers videos and tutorials on various subjects topics on marketing but all bait and switch. Like Sean Ali, he preys on desperate producers trying to make money.

3. Postman from Liveoffbeats.com Again, I myself have tried the products and it's just a bunch of mental nonsense equivalent to evangelical mind jobs. Again, Do you research online, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I've had people that trusted him tell me he just a mindjob and a master of just trying to sell you on the next program. Just go a google search on your own and you'll see his name associated with scam on other forums, not to mention he got his goons to post Youtube videos that he's not a scam.

Then I hear he created a Youtube video saying Soundgine is a scam because he saw this forum post here on Soundgine, this postman guy is a clown. Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere!

4. Allen Brown AKA "Stickyfingers" (Beatswebsites & Rocbattle )
    Known to rip off people of sales from his websites which is why his "Stickyfingers" nickname is very appropriate. Allen Brown is known to steal sales right from under you and if you want to remove beats from his websites, he charges you $50 to do so.

It's no surprise that the above mentioned have an affiliation with each other so you'll often see them "work together" but the only thing they are working at is ripping you off. These guys are an absolute cancer to those trying to make it in this profession. This is a great forum, infact one of the very few forums that has real informative guide and information but users need to be informed of the snakes out there as well.

2. Royal

2 Sep 2015 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Soundgine

To an experienced eye, you can clearly see what he's doing here. Showing a big house in the background to psychologically associate what he is offering with success.

To a desperate newbie who is struggling, this is a message from God, lol

3. musicbox

2 Sep 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

I actually laughed out loud at 6:26 of this video when he said "I actually stayed about 2.5 months here" LOL! BS

4. Helix

2 Sep 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 815 RP

There was a Blitz Beats video where he blatantly made sure you saw these huge houses in the background, I WISH I could find it, but he might of removed it. Anyway here's one.....

I could totally see the neighborhood security patrol asking him to leave, that's not his hood. Anyway, great post' @80z' Some might see this as a attack but if it saves producers from falling for this (edited), I'm all for it.

5. Griffin

2 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Soundgine

A few years ago there was a online making scam called the "Google Moneykit". It was the funniest thing I ever saw. These guys were driving around in Ferraris talking about a this kit you order for $100 and just work a couple hours a day making an average of 3k a day.

It was so over the top, I seriously watched it for laughs once a week. Sadly, I think Youtube took them all down.

6. godlike

2 Sep 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by godlike

'@Griffin '; Here you go!

Buy my "Blast Yo Wallet Megatron Style" Beat Selling Course and drive around in a Ferrari TODAY!

7. godlike

2 Sep 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

Go git dat Gooogle Moneey kit maaann

8. sixx

2 Sep 2015 User since 2015 New Mexico + 562 RP

Hilarious! At least these guys went out and rented cars. These music production scam artist got lazy.

9. Volume

5 Sep 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

These are all well known facts but it's nice to see it all in one post.

10. legendarybeatz

6 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Yea, it's good that producers are sharing this information with others. Many producers (like myself) one time or another paid for these type of scams. But never again. Either you give the information out for free or tell producers where they can get the info. But what I would say is If the person isn't offering one-on-one training, then the information that they are providing will be general and can be found anywhere on the internet. So Search everywhere first for answers, then if you can't find anything, seek guidance from a more experienced producer. Until then, keep Asking the right questions and you'll get the right answers.

11. musicbox

8 Sep 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

Well said' @legendarybeatz'

I know producers that have literally given up selling beats because these thieves have discouraged them putting faith in them.

12. legendarybeatz

8 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Yea, well platforms like soundgine are great. They didn't have forums as beneficial like this one when I first started. So this is prime time for online producers. There's no reason to waste money now because so many producers like us are putting out free, quality information that will put them on the right path.

13. Darkair

8 Sep 2015 User since 2015 San Francisco + 304 RP

Internet thieves need to eat too I guess.

14. Deleted 3 years ago by Soundgine
  15. Volume

8 Sep 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

"But if you wanna know how to be successful ?

1. Make Hot Beats, Consistently
    2. Find The Rappers/Clients With The Most Money
    3. Dont Be Lazy

By The law of attraction and just shear focus...you can do it...but thats all up to the individual and their goals. Its not something you can copy and paste or apply to everyone." - rapmusic.com forum

16. Royal

8 Sep 2015 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP

Why would they expose the secrets? Rich people people won't tell you how to get money and broke ones act like they the richest people in the world...

17. 80z

8 Sep 2015 User since 2015 + 863 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by 80z

I personally know producers that make serious money selling beats, over the last few days I actually asked if they ever bought these courses and they literally laughed. Now most people can sense a scam miles away but the unfortunate thing is desperation is real.

Desperate producers will spend money as a last ditch effort to start making money. People like Postman, Blitz Beats will always make "some" money on the side because of this fact alone.

18. OxygenBeats

8 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

Where there is fear, insecurity, desperation, etc... there will always be someone there monetizing off of it.

19. musicbox

9 Sep 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

I thought for sure somebody would back these guys up. I'm "friends" with some of these guys on Facebook, it's odd seeing the other side. Is it possible' @80z' is reaching? No offense, perhaps you have another agenda?

20. 80z

9 Sep 2015 User since 2015 + 863 RP

Agenda? I'm not selling anything and none of my links have affiliate codes. I can assure you it's just to provide the truth.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!