Made $1600 So Far...

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

OxygenBeats

9 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@ThisIsTheLegion' that's cool man! Do they pay you to mentor them then?

3. @OxygenBeats'' @ThisIsTheLegion' that's cool man! Do they pay you to mentor them then?

No, the way I'm doing right now is with no money exchanged. They put in some hours of work for me and in turn get some experience and learn some of the stuff I've learned.

4. OxygenBeats

10 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

Okay, well that's nice as well! :D

5. 3 years ago

Persis Music

1 Feb 2016 User since 2015 the Netherlands + 4 RP

Not sure this is the right place for this, but since i see so much people having succes, i gotta say..

honestly, i have been producing, mixing and mastering for years now.
    i had a site, took it down, renewed it and i have one up with the soundgine player right now.. but to me it seems like back in the day i could sell beats more easily. Sure i was using a few different beat marketplaces, which helped me to sell some. I don't use that no more, because i just think it's better to focus on my own site.

However, i have huge trouble trying to sell beats right now. Man, it looks like people don't even want to download beats for free (in return of newsletter opt-in), because there are so many producers doing the same things as I am.. I kind of don't know how to start over/go on selling beats without having a marketing budget. Let me just say this: i have been using soundgine for maybe one year now, but i have not sold 1 beat with soundgine. However, I refuse to stop.

Sidenote: of course i am using social media as a tool to promote myself.

6. godlike

1 Feb 2016 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

'@Persis Music'

"However, I refuse to stop" this statement alone will propel you to success barring your beats are good. Let's take a look at your website. Mind if we take a look and give you pointers?

7. Deleted 3 years ago by mixscape
  8. Persis Music

2 Feb 2016 User since 2015 the Netherlands + 4 RP

www.PersisMusic.com is my website url.
    Here's also a link to my opt-in page: bit.ly/1OJcswL

Thanks in advance.

9. godlike

3 Feb 2016 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

'@Persis Music'

Your website seems pretty good, well laid out, do you have a counter that can tell you how many hits you are getting daily?

10. Persis Music

3 Feb 2016 User since 2015 the Netherlands + 4 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Persis Music

sure, well i got a mini google analytics installed in the back-end of my site.
    see attachment for a lil screenshot. As you can see here, there's already one problem we can point out: the bounce rate is way too high.. also, i think there are just way too little visitors. but i cannot compare it to any other site, so maybe y'all can tell me a lil about your amount of site visitors

btw, thanks for all the help.

11. Helix

7 Feb 2016 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 815 RP

From my experience you get 1 sale per 100 visitors, so the question is how do you them right? I guess that's always been the holy grail of all questions. It's mentioned on the Godzilla Seo thread here

But creating outside blogs is a good idea. Honestly it takes a lot of work to build a fanbase, do you have a Youtube channel?

12. Darkair

7 Feb 2016 User since 2015 San Francisco + 304 RP

'@Persis Music'

I'll share some detailed pointers with you early in the week my man. We are all here to help. I wish all of us here can contribute and build a PDF and give it away.

13. Persis Music

7 Feb 2016 User since 2015 the Netherlands + 4 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Persis Music

@Helix '; From my experience you get 1 sale per 100 visitors, so the question is how do you them right? I guess that's always been the holy grail of all questions. It's mentioned on the Godzilla Seo thread here

But creating outside blogs is a good idea. Honestly it takes a lot of work to build a fanbase, do you have a Youtube channel?

yessir, although, i didn't do anything with it for a long time. I just recently started to upload (beat) video's.
    I wish 1 sale per 100 visitors was true for my site also, but clearly that ain't happening, otherwise i would have at least a few sales. Do you all use the Credit Card feature on soundgine? Also, what do you think is used the most, is there a significant difference between how many people prefer to pay with CC instead of Paypal? My 2checkout account is not working 100% right now.

@Darkair'' @Persis' Music

I'll share some detailed pointers with you early in the week my man. We are all here to help. I wish all of us here can contribute and build a PDF and give it away.

Thanks, I appreciate that alot

14. Kid V

8 Feb 2016 User since 2015 Venice Beach California + 392 RP

I'll be waiting too :)

15. Darkair

10 Feb 2016 User since 2015 San Francisco + 304 RP

Sorry I'm late. Actually just now recovered from my Superbowl party, never again.

What's crazy is that I've met' @Kid V' in Venice during a Snatchap App party (not really a party, just a bunch of people drinking wine and beer) but it's crazy how this community is really tight.

16. Darkair

10 Feb 2016 User since 2015 San Francisco + 304 RP

'@Persis Music'
    '
    @Marketron' has recently mentioned it before. but I'll be more specific. I got my word out by exchanging links with companies related to what I do. What I do is offer a section of my website or better yet create a separate hub (blog or website) and offer to exchange links or create a partners section.

Then I go after companies similar to the same base. Examples:

- Soundkits
    - Beat Software
    - VST Websites
    - Soundclick layouts (yuck)

I stay away from those 'beat training sells' videos as those are now perceived as spam / scams.

As mentioned before, when they ask for a link title and a hyperlink you want to use your keywords. So if you want to rank high for "hip-hop beats" you want that title in the link going to your website.

After getting just a few link exchanges you will see a boost in ranks.
    This is not for the weak, it takes a stomach to take a lot of rejection and no responses to email and phone calls.

Here's a secret that some people are doing. Some producers are doing two things. Running a site to sell music and using a resource hub focused on link exchanges and used as an excellent way to redirect traffic.

What I found was for every 100 visitors it would convert to 1 sale.

17. knocksquared

2 Mar 2016 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by knocksquared

In 2009 I decided that instead of providing beats for artist I would provide a service for producers. Went into the Beat tag game and now number one on Google for Beat Tags. I was thinking about selling beats online again but I know its a lot that goes into selling so my focus always falls back to beat tags. On the 31st of December I left my job in radio to go full-time ME !! I am going to REALLY try and get some beats up on my player since I been with Soundgine for a long time and still have not put them up for sale :-( . The success stories here are inspiring and make me have hope for selling tracks.

18. Katt

15 Apr 2016 User since 2016 + 179 RP

This is really inspiring (o^_^o)

I guess it's easy to assume that any business is dead. Sure it can be saturated, but there is always a market for good product, quality beats is no exception.

19. Katt

15 Apr 2016 User since 2016 + 179 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Katt

'@ThisIsTheLegion' you made more than 10K with Soundgine? Holy ****
    I can only imagine where you are at now. Good god.

20. Edited 2 years ago by Soundgine

'@Katt' I'm almost at the $29K mark!

21. gangabeats

25 Apr 2016 User since 2015 Croatia + 328 RP

Very nice ;)

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!