Made $1600 So Far...

1. 4 years ago

Kid V

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 Venice Beach California + 392 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Kid V

Update: I have made over 10k as of December 2016

I go by kiD V and just started with Soungine last month and make $209 today and over $1600 so far. Iv'e tried MFS hated it because of bugs and always the service was down. Tried custom code like Paypal buttons but both methods were a disaster.

Posting because I want to show people selling beats is real and will always be real, the demand is there you just need to put the work in. I will make a simple guide later and no I wont sell the guide it will be free. Its the least I can do. It's mostly the basics like work ethic.

Can you make this money? 100000% YES!
    DO you have the heart to put in the time? Only you know that.

2. Volume

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

Welcome' @Kid V'

Can I hear your beats?

3. Kid V

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 Venice Beach California + 392 RP

Thanks' @Volume' I actually like to keep my music private. When I was with My flash store I was a popular seller and I was copied and shit went down from there, I dunno guess im paranoid but please dont take offense XP

My beats are hardcore Westcoast mixed with a Cypress Hill vibe.

4. Volume

I'm the same way so no offense taken. I think it's great and many people just simply give up selling beats after not making a dime after 2-3 months. That first sale changes your whole mindset. I remember having a $300 day selling 2 beats non exclusive and had to take a walk because I was so damn excited, I needed some fresh air.

I knew at that point this was something I could do full time or at the very least make residual money to pay whatever bills that need to be paid. Thanks for posting your sales, this shows people what really is possible. Im not brave enough to post mine, but my numbers are similar to yours, Ive made more money overall, but Ive been at it a little longer.

5. Volume

'@ThisIsTheLegion' I know this is an odd question, maybe even to probing, but how much do you make monthly on average....or even a ballpark. If you dont want to share, thats cool but inspiring to see these producers make money online and seeing your reputation you're probably killing it.

6. Helix

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 815 RP

I doubt' @ThisIsTheLegion' is going to provide his financials, but something tells me the people that post their numbers here are the lower end earners. I do wonder what Soundgine top producers make though.

7. I don't mind. Here's my screenshot. Just passed the $10,000 mark with Soundgine!

I collect around $1500-$3000/month from selling beats, but I've got singers and other producers I work with and I pay those guys. Plus I pay for SoundClick ads and other expenses, so I'm only really netting a piece of that. My best month selling beats so far was this January when I collected over $5,000. I started using Soundgine in April I believe.

I do a lot of engineering which is my bigger source of income right now. I'm hoping my beat selling business keeps growing to the point that I don't have to do as much recording/mixing at my studio and can focus more on making and selling beats.

I'm curious to hear what other producers are making too, if anyone wants to share...

8. godlike

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

Wow, over 10K with Soundgine. B)

That's really inspiring' @ThisIsTheLegion' This is the strongest performance by any producer we have seen here but it's not a competition and thanks for showing what's possible. There are some people that go months without selling a single beat.

3k a month is exceptional and that's just the Soundgine side of it. Unbelievable.

9. M Beats

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 + 78 RP

'@ThisIsTheLegion' That's what Im talking about! Congrats. Mad respect.

10. LoonyBinBeats

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

'@Kid V'' @ThisIsTheLegion' It's dope that you guys are all making it happen for yourselves, it's funny how people think that in order to succeed others need to fail but I'm a strong believer that theres plenty of room at the top for all of us! Keep killin it, thanks for the insiration

11. godlike

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

'@LoonyBinBeats'

"I'm a strong believer that theres plenty of room at the top for all of us!"

You are 1000000000% correct, but many people don't believe this and simply give up.

12. legendarybeatz

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1968 RP

I'm really loving these posts. Keeps producers like me motivated. Keep up the good work!

13. OxygenBeats

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@ThisIsTheLegion' , that's great. I make about $800-$1000 on average a month right now. Most of that is from exclusive projects though, which I'm trying to phase out.

I only make somewhere around maybe $200 in leases a month. I get like $10 from royalties on this thing I got on mtv a while ago, and so I recently decided I'm actually going to be pursuing more TV placements. Also, I'm starting to work with Producer Loops creating kits, so that should also generate more profit. I think diversifying is important. There's lots of different ways to make revenue of off your music besides the straight forward lease sales.

Most recently though, I got this job offer in China. It's a lot of work, they want 100 songs in a year, and I mean full songs, not just beats. And they have a bunch of artists they want to be recorded. But I'll have $100,000 a year to spend on expenses plus salary (which I'm still waiting to hear on). But... I don't think I'd have time to keep up my brand if I took the job, so I'm at an interesting fork in the road right now haha

14. sixx

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 New Mexico + 562 RP

'@OxygenBeats' Don't ever let your brand down even if you get major busy. Oxygenbeats is your baby, don't kill it for anything.

15. OxygenBeats

31 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@sixx' yeah, I know. This decision's kinda been stressing me out lately haha

16. sixx

31 Aug 2015 User since 2015 New Mexico + 562 RP

$100,000 is excellent though, so if you get it congrats man. I'll kinda followed you on here and you make so many sacrifices so if anybody deserves it, you certainly do. Now imagine 100,000 tax free ;-)

17. LoonyBinBeats' @Kid V'' @ThisIsTheLegion' It's dope that you guys are all making it happen for yourselves, it's funny how people think that in order to succeed others need to fail but I'm a strong believer that theres plenty of room at the top for all of us! Keep killin it, thanks for the insiration

I think so too. I've had a lot of help so far in music from other producers and engineers who could have easily seen me as one more person to "take their spot," but they were really generous with their knowledge. I try to do the same. Even if you just do it for selfish reasons, if you help other people out along the way, they might remember that and be in a position to help you later on.

18. @OxygenBeats' Most recently though, I got this job offer in China. It's a lot of work, they want 100 songs in a year, and I mean full songs, not just beats. And they have a bunch of artists they want to be recorded. But I'll have $100,000 a year to spend on expenses plus salary (which I'm still waiting to hear on). But... I don't think I'd have time to keep up my brand if I took the job, so I'm at an interesting fork in the road right now haha

That's a lot of money! Sounds like a big opportunity and also a lot of work. Maybe you can have like an apprentice/intern/employee or someone help keep your brand going while you're working on that for a year? I bet there are some producers that are in the earlier stages of their career that would love an opportunity to do some work for you and see how you've been able to build the Oxygen brand.

19. OxygenBeats

2 Sep 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@ThisIsTheLegion' that's could be a really good idea... i'll have to look into maybe doing something like that...

20. @OxygenBeats'' @ThisIsTheLegion' that's could be a really good idea... i'll have to look into maybe doing something like that...

Yeah, I started working with a couple younger producers/engineers in my area. I show them how to post up beats, automate some social media stuff, etc and while they learn some good tips, I get to focus on making beats and more big picture strategy instead of spending so much time doing the same things over and over. So far it's been working OK. The hard part sometimes is just being willing to let go of some control.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!