Reasons Why Artists Are Not Buying Beats

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 years ago

juzicybeatz

11 Dec 2015 User since 2015 Portugal + 35 RP

Some artists think your beats are wack, and then when that wack beat blows up, he get back at you saying
    why you didn't sold him that beat.
    Most artist don't trust the producers before they get big.
    I think i'm here for like 2 months and i didn't sold a beat, i got quality beats.

3. godlike

11 Dec 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

'@juzicybeatz' Marketing seems to be almost as important as the actual beats. What kind of marketing are you doing?

4. juzicybeatz

12 Dec 2015 User since 2015 Portugal + 35 RP

'@godlike' i just post my website on facebook, instagram and twitter

5. daroobeats

13 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

'@juzicybeatz' I just checked out your website and I was impressed by your production. Solid tracks up.

6. Mr. Mig

19 Dec 2015 User since 2014 Cherry Hill, NJ + 210 RP

I agree with you guys here...
    However, There are millions of people that will not buy anything if they can get away with not paying for it.
    On the other hand there are a million people that WILL PAY FOR SOMETHING OF VALUE.

Branding is HUGE. I have a history in the music business so for me branding already had a jumpstart when it came to starting my online beat company but I still work very hard at it.

Here's an interview below I did several years ago with a magazine which talks about how I made it in the music business. If, for anything, read it to see what I and others have gone through and let it hopefully motivate you for what you do with your business.

MusiciansWages.Com Interview With Producer Mr. Mig

By Jerry Jean On March 8, 2010
    Earlier this month, I chatted via Googletalk with music producer, songwriter, remixer, and entrepreneur, Steve “Mr. Mig” Migliore, CEO of Migtight Productions.

Mig has remixed, engineered, and/or produced for Akon, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Diddy, Backstreet Boys, John Legend, Lucas Prata, Taylor Swift, Usher, and Wyclef among others.

READ THE INTERVIEW

7. OxygenBeats

19 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@VPower' I am actually yeah. Which is kinda weird because usually I get a boost in sales. BUT, it's actually not weird at all because I've pretty much abandoned my social for the last month or two to make time to work on custom projects for this chinese label and some other clients of mine... so it's probably because of that, but maybe there's something to it though? lol

8. daroobeats

20 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

Its all in finding the paying crowd. I look for those that I see investing into themselves.

9. mixscape

20 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2890 RP

'@daroobeats' agree

10. Ibsenproducer

12 Mar 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2158 RP

Amazing

11. minty

25 Mar 2016 User since 2016 + 408 RP

Branding is huge indeed.

12. All Star

12 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 128 RP

Wow, I missed this post. There are tons of great information here. This forum is a treasure trove :)

13. sontwisted

20 Aug 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2249 RP

artist are not buying beats because they don't know how to make money with their music so they don't see the point in spending money that they have no clue how to get back

14. Sound Variety

23 Aug 2016 User since 2015 USA + 865 RP

Everyone pretty much summed it up nicely.

15. wellmein

31 Aug 2016 User since 2014 + 187 RP

i think artist wouldnt like to buy beats because they know somebody else has this beats too..
    well, its actualy what they say. I rarely sell ready beats from store (and i ve got only exclusive sales), most of the time I do custom instrumentals, not only hip hop or rap but different genres.
    Real artists are happy to be original and alike.
    anyway lease beats is very helpful for beginners, so from a business point of view this is important too.

16. Edited 3 years ago by triplehomicide

'@wellmein' I think the same things about artists not wanting to buy beats that other artists are using. But then, I see top sellers online selling 500 leases per week doing $250k+ off leases. Makes me wonder where to find balance.

17. wellmein

31 Aug 2016 User since 2014 + 187 RP

'@triplehomicide' well, of course there are producers with such a great success.. but there are producers like storch or timbaland that get 1/2 million $ for just one track. its just like microsoft sold plenty more PCs than Apple sold Macs.. but Macs are better )) anyway it takes time to get such results.. it depends on your posibilities and your wishes.. for ex I seek for a hit rather than making a lot of beats.
    btw. somebody said beats with hooks have more success

18. Volume

9 Sep 2016 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

Well said' @wellmein' '
    @ThisIsTheLegion' said beats with hooks have more success.

19. @Volume'' @ThisIsTheLegion' said beats with hooks have more success.

Yep, they definitely do for me

20. Dreamstar

23 Sep 2016 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

Topic should be "Reasons why Artists Are not Buying YOUR beats"
    There are more than enough buyers online, you just need to focus on why they are passing on you.

#price
    #quality
    #easy to get to beat store

21. 2 years ago

Nuro

30 Nov 2016 User since 2016 + 291 RP

I would just remember that there will always be buyers for music, never worry about over saturation.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!