3. Ibsenproducer

12 Mar 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2168 RP

Amazing

4. minty

25 Mar 2016 User since 2016 + 408 RP

Branding is huge indeed.

5. All Star

12 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 128 RP

Wow, I missed this post. There are tons of great information here. This forum is a treasure trove :)

6. sontwisted

20 Aug 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2258 RP

artist are not buying beats because they don't know how to make money with their music so they don't see the point in spending money that they have no clue how to get back

7. Sound Variety

23 Aug 2016 User since 2015 USA + 865 RP

Everyone pretty much summed it up nicely.

8. wellmein

31 Aug 2016 User since 2014 + 187 RP

i think artist wouldnt like to buy beats because they know somebody else has this beats too..
    well, its actualy what they say. I rarely sell ready beats from store (and i ve got only exclusive sales), most of the time I do custom instrumentals, not only hip hop or rap but different genres.
    Real artists are happy to be original and alike.
    anyway lease beats is very helpful for beginners, so from a business point of view this is important too.

9. Edited 3 years ago by triplehomicide

'@wellmein' I think the same things about artists not wanting to buy beats that other artists are using. But then, I see top sellers online selling 500 leases per week doing $250k+ off leases. Makes me wonder where to find balance.

10. wellmein

31 Aug 2016 User since 2014 + 187 RP

'@triplehomicide' well, of course there are producers with such a great success.. but there are producers like storch or timbaland that get 1/2 million $ for just one track. its just like microsoft sold plenty more PCs than Apple sold Macs.. but Macs are better )) anyway it takes time to get such results.. it depends on your posibilities and your wishes.. for ex I seek for a hit rather than making a lot of beats.
    btw. somebody said beats with hooks have more success

11. Volume

9 Sep 2016 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

Well said' @wellmein' '
    @ThisIsTheLegion' said beats with hooks have more success.

12. @Volume'' @ThisIsTheLegion' said beats with hooks have more success.

Yep, they definitely do for me

13. Dreamstar

23 Sep 2016 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

Topic should be "Reasons why Artists Are not Buying YOUR beats"
    There are more than enough buyers online, you just need to focus on why they are passing on you.

#price
    #quality
    #easy to get to beat store

14. Nuro

30 Nov 2016 User since 2016 + 291 RP

I would just remember that there will always be buyers for music, never worry about over saturation.

15. 2 years ago

Tyson

8 Dec 2016 User since 2016 Hawaii + 882 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Tyson

If your beats are good there will always be customers. Having beats in your cart is like owning safe stocks.

16. fusion

16 Dec 2016 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 545 RP

@sontwisted' artist are not buying beats because they don't know how to make money with their music so they don't see the point in spending money that they have no clue how to get back

This.

The question is HOW do we explain to artists that they can make money using our beats. This is why personal relationships are important. A friend of mine created a media packet, not a physical packet but a mix of video and some PDF.

In this media packet it shows step by step how artists can make money. It wasn't a pushy sales tactic, it was info they wouldn't know otherwise.

17. Blacksheep

1 Apr 2017 User since 2016 Washington + 375 RP

This conversation has been going on for years and artists are still buying beats. That will never stop.

18. Breeze

12 Jul 2017 User since 2015 London + 846 RP

Because rappers rather rip beats from Youtube, Soundcloud, and various other places, but truthfully those are the people I don't want to do business with.

I actually inked a 5 project deal from being in the music charts here I wasn't even in the top 50. So my sights are on artists and companies that want to buy my beats on the legit level.

The days with dealing with scrubs are over.

19. an0nym0u5beats

12 Jul 2017 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1969 RP

+1

Amen to that' @Breeze' ;)

20. Tone

13 Jul 2017 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

+2
    '
    @Breeze'

21. last year

fenixprod

31 Oct 2018 User since 2018 Lithuania + 623 RP

@fusion' not a physical packet but a mix of video and some PDF.

In this media packet it shows step by step how artists can make money. It wasn't a pushy sales tactic, it was info they wouldn't know otherwise.

Dear Fusion, would it be possible to get an example of that pack?

or Sign Up to reply!