Reasons Why Artists Are Not Buying Beats

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 years ago

Velocity

18 Nov 2015 User since 2015 New York + 107 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Velocity

What' @Kid V' Said...

You mentioned some posts here helped, which ones?

3. Kid V

18 Nov 2015 User since 2015 Venice Beach California + 392 RP

'@Velocity ';

There were a few but the one's that stood out

SEO: http://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/109-the-godzilla-seo-thread/0#p772
    Inspiration: http://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/conversations/success-stories
    Marketing: http://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/92-a-real-guide-to-selling-beats-2015/0#p687

and recently: http://soundgine.com/forum/index.php/412-ultimate-music-selling-guide/0#p3413

But really, there are tons of gems scattered.

Best Wishes to You!

4. godlike

18 Nov 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

It should be like this:

Artist: Can I Get Free Beats?
    You: *closes email*

5. daroobeats

19 Nov 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

I have read some great opinions on this matter. I believe what I have to offer is worth more then what I settle for. I have adjusted my prices because of the low price demand. In return I adjusted my contract to balance the worth. In the love of must I have become a Graphic Designer | Web Designer | Promoter | and Marketer| I just try to stay consistent and develop relationships with my clients.

6. Kid V thank u so much for the wisdom! this is ecsactly how i think and practice, but everyone ells making beats on the forums tells me: you dont need a website.soundcloud is good enough.they just smoke weed and are not doin bisniz,theyre giving away beats. and most people i get contacted by,wanna buy my beats.but,they dont wanna pay more than 50 dollars for exclusive rights! i dont give away my beats! i work hard every single day from 09:00- 17:00 and i only stop then,cus of my neighbors. if it wasnt for that,i would make beats from 09:00- 22:00. thats how serious i am. i invest all my money in gear and instrument. i practice drums,djembe,mpc,trumpets,percussion , bass guitar, dj-ing and synths/keyboard. its not enough hours in a day for me to reach my potential.thats just how i am. i love doing music,and it hurts inside when i dont. ive also hired a web-designer for 460 dollars,and made a custom logo. i need to invest. cus if i dont invest in myself, why would someone else do. theres too many rappers and producers today. and almost no one wanna pay for beats.

7. @LoonyBinBeats' I definitely agree with' @OxygenBeats' people are going to act like your beats aren't worth buying, and those are the people you want to give the cold shoulder to, but of course let them off nicely. Also people respond to confidence, they want to buy from someone who seems professional. Every once in a while I'll go on my social media profiles and I'll post some thing like "Business is going great! Let me know if your looking for any beats I'll be in the studio all day" and people respond because I said "business is going great" and people want what other people want.

so true! im a rapper also, and thats how i found "my producer". he had a great website,and hes name popped up on every musical social media.so i bought a beat with exclusive rights. 6 months later,i listened to the beat an it wasnt as good as i thought. ha ha. but he did sommething right.cus i payed 100 dollars.

8. VPower

9 Dec 2015 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP

Are you guys seeing sales slow down during Christmas season?

9. juzicybeatz

11 Dec 2015 User since 2015 Portugal + 35 RP

Some artists think your beats are wack, and then when that wack beat blows up, he get back at you saying
    why you didn't sold him that beat.
    Most artist don't trust the producers before they get big.
    I think i'm here for like 2 months and i didn't sold a beat, i got quality beats.

10. godlike

11 Dec 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

'@juzicybeatz' Marketing seems to be almost as important as the actual beats. What kind of marketing are you doing?

11. juzicybeatz

12 Dec 2015 User since 2015 Portugal + 35 RP

'@godlike' i just post my website on facebook, instagram and twitter

12. daroobeats

13 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

'@juzicybeatz' I just checked out your website and I was impressed by your production. Solid tracks up.

13. Mr. Mig

19 Dec 2015 User since 2014 Cherry Hill, NJ + 210 RP

I agree with you guys here...
    However, There are millions of people that will not buy anything if they can get away with not paying for it.
    On the other hand there are a million people that WILL PAY FOR SOMETHING OF VALUE.

Branding is HUGE. I have a history in the music business so for me branding already had a jumpstart when it came to starting my online beat company but I still work very hard at it.

Here's an interview below I did several years ago with a magazine which talks about how I made it in the music business. If, for anything, read it to see what I and others have gone through and let it hopefully motivate you for what you do with your business.

MusiciansWages.Com Interview With Producer Mr. Mig

By Jerry Jean On March 8, 2010
    Earlier this month, I chatted via Googletalk with music producer, songwriter, remixer, and entrepreneur, Steve “Mr. Mig” Migliore, CEO of Migtight Productions.

Mig has remixed, engineered, and/or produced for Akon, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Diddy, Backstreet Boys, John Legend, Lucas Prata, Taylor Swift, Usher, and Wyclef among others.

READ THE INTERVIEW

14. OxygenBeats

19 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@VPower' I am actually yeah. Which is kinda weird because usually I get a boost in sales. BUT, it's actually not weird at all because I've pretty much abandoned my social for the last month or two to make time to work on custom projects for this chinese label and some other clients of mine... so it's probably because of that, but maybe there's something to it though? lol

15. daroobeats

20 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Atlanta, GA + 1820 RP

Its all in finding the paying crowd. I look for those that I see investing into themselves.

16. mixscape

20 Dec 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 France + 2856 RP

'@daroobeats' agree

17. Ibsenproducer

12 Mar 2016 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2109 RP

Amazing

18. minty

25 Mar 2016 User since 2016 + 390 RP

Branding is huge indeed.

19. All Star

12 Jul 2016 User since 2016 + 128 RP

Wow, I missed this post. There are tons of great information here. This forum is a treasure trove :)

20. 2 years ago

sontwisted

20 Aug 2016 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

artist are not buying beats because they don't know how to make money with their music so they don't see the point in spending money that they have no clue how to get back

21. Sound Variety

23 Aug 2016 User since 2015 USA + 865 RP

Everyone pretty much summed it up nicely.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!