Add another "Beat"-Tab

1. 2 years ago

SkillyMusic

27 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by SkillyMusic

Hey @Soundgine and @Codemaker,

is it possible to add another "Beat"-Tab to my player? The thing is I offer beats, but then I also offer soundtracks/trailer music and it would be great to have them seperated. At first I thought I could use the "Beat"-tab for my beats and the "Singles"-tab for my soundtracks/trailer music, but the "Singles"-tab of course doesn't have the same features as the beat tab. So do I have to put all my music I want to sell in the "Beat"-tab or is there a chance to have them seperated in two tabs? It would be a better shopping experience, because my customers could easily switch between beats and soundtracks. I know there's the genre filtering thing, but it would still be cleaner, if I could have them seperated and the store wouldn't be that overloaded.
    I guess it's not possible as for now, but maybe I'm missing something obvious? Hope you can help me out here thx

2. LoonyBinBeats

27 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1424 RP

That would be dope, I also wanted to move toward making music for Film, TV, & Games but didn't want to mix those tracks up with my beats, this would pretty much solve that problem.

3. legendarybeatz

27 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1924 RP

I think that would be a great feature. Makes your store more dynamic as far as content. And allows you to easily price each category differently instead of using the filter. Good suggestion

4. LoonyBinBeats

27 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1424 RP

You could also use this extra tab for other things like "beats on sale", "drumkits" ect.

5. Royal

27 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Diego California + 313 RP

Can't you just rename your singles and album tabs to whatever you want? I know you can rename them. Or do you mean in addition to beats, singles and albums.

6. SkillyMusic

28 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

@Royal Can't you just rename your singles and album tabs to whatever you want? I know you can rename them. Or do you mean in addition to beats, singles and albums.

Yes you can rename them but the Singles/Albums sections don't have the same features you know. For example it's not possible to upload different files for different licenses in the singles section.

7. Codemaker

29 Aug 2015 Administrator User since 2014 + 896 RP

@SkillyMusic Great suggestion!
    We already have a request in queue i.e. contracts for singles and albums, and I agree adding licenses interface to singles will make it more dynamic. So, let us complete M6 (we're currently working on), and then we'll review this part and do necessary updates.

Thank you!

8. LoonyBinBeats

29 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1424 RP

Awesome

9. SkillyMusic

29 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

@Codemaker @SkillyMusic Great suggestion!
    We already have a request in queue i.e. contracts for singles and albums, and I agree adding licenses interface to singles will make it more dynamic. So, let us complete M6 (we're currently working on), and then we'll review this part and do necessary updates.

Thank you!

That's great! Looking forward to it, thank you!

10. 10 months ago

SkillyMusic

14 Jan 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

Hey @Soundgine @Codemaker any news on this?

11. 9 months ago

SkillyMusic

25 Jan 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP
    Edited 9 months ago by SkillyMusic

Sorry to bug you again @Soundgine @Codemaker but I would really love to hear what you guys think of this. I would love love love this feature! When I created this thread like 1 1/2 years ago some producers seemed to love it and @codemaker said it will be implemented after M6 is completed. ;)

12. Codemaker

27 Jan 2017 Administrator User since 2014 + 896 RP

@SkillyMusic We have already added interface for singles where you can upload separate file (other than demo mp3) that will be delivered to customers on purchase. The separate file can be a zip where you can even include contract/license file. Does that cover your requirement, or you're looking for multiple license interface?

13. SkillyMusic

27 Jan 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

@Codemaker @SkillyMusic We have already added interface for singles where you can upload separate file (other than demo mp3) that will be delivered to customers on purchase. The separate file can be a zip where you can even include contract/license file. Does that cover your requirement, or you're looking for multiple license interface?

Thanks for answering.

I'm looking for one (or multiple) additional beat tabs. Like with the exact same features that the standard beat tab offers.

The singles tab doesn't have multiple licenses. It also doesn't have the "mark as sold", the "beat URL" and the "free demo download" feature. If you could add all these features to the singles interface, that would probably do it for me.

This would improve the shopping experience so much, because customers could easily switch between whatever style a producer offers. Like in my case it would be "Beats" and "Soundtracks", other producers could use it for "Beats" and "Drumkits" or "Hip Hop" and "Pop" or even "Beats on sale" like @LoonyBinBeats said. You know what I mean?
    I know there's the genre filtering thing, but it would be waaaay cleaner, if there's a general separation first. The store wouldn't be that overloaded.

14. Yes, this is what I just started a new thread concerning...then I found this. For my purposes I need at least 2 and would love all 3 to be changed to where I have multiple license and what not. The other configs don't do me much good. Don't need Albums at all for sure.
    This is what I need on multiple tabs below...

15. Soundgine

16 Feb 2017 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 13392 RP

@Codemaker Let's make this one of the top priorities after the Twitter and Charts project. Basically the ability to make all 3 tabs work like the beats tabs with different licenses. I'm thinking 2 modes

Mode 1: Use the standard Beats, Singles, and Albums the way it is
    Mode 2: Use 3 tabs functioning like the beats tab

or better yet

The beat store uses 3 tabs, the user can choose what 3 tabs to use for example
    (beat, beat, albums)

16. SkillyMusic

16 Feb 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

@Soundgine @Codemaker Let's make this one of the top priorities after the Twitter and Charts project. Basically the ability to make all 3 tabs work like the beats tabs with different licenses. I'm thinking 2 modes

Mode 1: Use the standard Beats, Singles, and Albums the way it is
    Mode 2: Use 3 tabs functioning like the beats tab

or better yet

The beat store uses 3 tabs, the user can choose what 3 tabs to use for example
    (beat, beat, albums)

-image-

17. Codemaker

17 Feb 2017 Administrator User since 2014 + 896 RP

@SkillyMusic @carsonsmusic I'll start working on it next week. Though it is going to change player structure, it may take a little longer to complete. Thank you.

18. That would be totally awesome...I think it will widen the user base as well...it will open the door for more types of sales of product...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

BC

19. SkillyMusic

17 Feb 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

@Codemaker @SkillyMusic @carsonsmusic I'll start working on it next week. Though it is going to change player structure, it may take a little longer to complete. Thank you.

Yeees! So looking forward to it!

20. SkillyMusic

17 Feb 2017 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2229 RP

@carsonsmusic That would be totally awesome...I think it will widen the user base as well...it will open the door for more types of sales of product...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

BC

Exactly! It'll be a better shopping experience for sure.

Btw do you have a website already? Would love to listen to your stuff. Or do you wait until the feature is ready?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!