NEW M6 Player (Coming in December 2015)

1. 3 years ago

Soundgine

6 Aug 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Soundgine

The next level beat / music store is coming...

-image-

The new M6 Player is currently underway. What is M6? M6 will replace Mecha5 and Mobility.

We are addressing a few issues with our players and when M6 is done these will be the new improvements

1. Faster loading times
    2. Lightweight
    3. Responsive
    4. Much easier checkout process
    5. Color customizable
    6. Playback buffering
    7. Surprises

M6 will be designed to be minimal yet powerful and most importantly easy for customers to understand and purchase from. Just because it will be a minimal design, it won't mean it will look boring, you guys always know we add real design. We plan on using less graphics and use material design. We will still be incorporating Youtube, Singles and Albums plus another HUGE feature that we'll keep as a surprise.

M6, in our mind is the future but according to our admin stats, Engine is still the #1 used player so we will continue to upgrade Engine until Flash is completely dead. Engine will receive tons of love from us still.

In order to get M6 to you guys, we have halted small features upgrades and will only address critical bug fixes. We want to get this player out to you guys sooner than later. The design is complete, we just need to code this gem. I wish I can give you guys a full design preview but things have to be semi-private until beta.

Once this player is in Beta, we will invite a few of you to test drive it and give us user feedback. We are extremely excited about M6. We don't have a time frame when it will be done but when we get a better idea we will post it.

2. VPower

6 Aug 2015 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP

M6 is going to be HUGE is you execute this correctly. Excellent news.

3. Helix

6 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 802 RP

Love this back to basics approach. Reminds me of the MFS player but this is a good thing as it's pretty much their bread and butter player. If you can create a similar player with all the other Soundgine power options it will be an instant hit. You guys just need to keep it simple still adding all your power stuff like youtube, singles and albums.

This is going to be dope.

4. Tristan

6 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Francisco + 238 RP

I think everybody that has Soundgine has been secretly (or openly) waiting for this. I will be more than happy to beta test when it's time.

Question; will there be room to add user suggestion option to M6? or will just test the final version.

5. Soundgine

6 Aug 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

'@Tristan'

That's a great question. Once we have about 80% of the player done, we will take suggestions and if they make sense and work with the M6 architecture then we'll add in the option. Adding in lots of options yet having a minimal approach to the player is a little tricky.

6. Royal

6 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP
    Edited 3 years ago by Royal

M6 should be fire but Anybody gonna miss Mecha5 tho?

7. Volume

6 Aug 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

...and the Soundgine machine continues. B)

8. Volume

6 Aug 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

'@Royal' Not if M6 is as advertised. Nobody will remember Mecha5 in T-minus 5 seconds.

9. musicbox

7 Aug 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

10. Tristan

7 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Francisco + 238 RP

'@musicbox' Exactly, lol.

11. DangerZoneBeatZ

7 Aug 2015 User since 2015 Chicago + 18 RP

Good to hear can't wait to try it out! I just switched to Engine I had the Mecha5 for awhile

12. Tristan

7 Aug 2015 User since 2015 San Francisco + 238 RP

'@DangerZoneBeatZ' Engine is dope. No sales lost going between them.

13. OxygenBeats

8 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

DOOOOPE, CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :)

14. LoonyBinBeats

8 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

yeaaa cant wait!

15. Sweet! Looking forward to it

16. LoonyBinBeats

17 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

'@Soundgine' whats the estimated date on this??

17. OxygenBeats

17 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@Soundgine'' @LoonyBinBeats' yes, I would like to know that as well!! :D

btw, Loony, I love your new logo design! Looks sleek!! :)

18. Soundgine

17 Aug 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

We're looking at a November launch. We are moving our office to another location in Los Angeles so forgive the recent no show on the forum. Moving as quickly as possible.

19. LoonyBinBeats

17 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2014 + 1461 RP

'@OxygenBeats' Thanks! the one I had before just wasn't cutting it for me, had to get a makeover lol

20. OxygenBeats

17 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@Soundgine' awesome, it's nice to know the general timeline!
    '
    @LoonyBinBeats' yeah, this new one looks dope!!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!