License Taggings Seperately?

1. 4 years ago

Homie Beats

10 Jul 2015 User since 2015 + 49 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Homie Beats

somehow i cannot edit each line seperately, i want to do it like that, first line etc. check my pic please :(

http://i.imgur.com/ZW9gZU3.jpg

also, what means transfer domain exactly? i got a domain myself with a frontpage and soundclick but i would use VUE maybe for a better and more professional look.

Hey guys!

I know you had tough time dealing with licenses, therefore I started re-structuring it a few days ago and completed today. Now you can re-order, edit, delete license items on same spot and see it exactly how it will look on front-end. I have done it in a way so that your existing content merge into new interface flawlessly, however if you see anything wrong, please do let me know.

Thank you.

2. SkillyMusic

10 Jul 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by SkillyMusic

@Homie Beats' somehow i cannot edit each line seperately, i want to do it like that, first line etc. check my pic please :(

http://i.imgur.com/ZW9gZU3.jpg

also, what means transfer domain exactly? i got a domain myself with a frontpage and soundclick but i would use VUE maybe for a better and more professional look.

regarding your second question: It means that if you have an official website (is it homiebeats.com ?), but want to use your VUE site as your official website instead, you can transfer your domain (homiebeats.com ) to your VUE site, so that you don't have to use company subdomains like soundgine.homiebeats.com. Now everybody that enters homiebeats.com , is taken to your VUE site automatically.

In this video soundgine shows how to transfer your domain.

3. OxygenBeats

10 Jul 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Soundgine

I just forward "oxygenbeats.com" to my VUE "oxygenbeats.soundgine.com"

I never actually transferred the domain. I know that Soundgine recommends it, although I'm still not sure why. I haven't had any issues with it not being transferred.

I don't think you really need to worry about it in my opinion. But whoever is hosting your domain, mine is via GoDaddy, I would make sure you set up your domain to redirect to your VUE page.

4. Homie Beats

@OxygenBeats' I just forward "oxygenbeats.com" to my VUE "oxygenbeats.soundgine.com"

I never actually transferred the domain. I know that Soundgine recommends it, although I'm still not sure why. I haven't had any issues with it not being transferred.

I don't think you really need to worry about it in my opinion. But whoever is hosting your domain, mine is via GoDaddy, I would make sure you set up your domain to redirect to your VUE page.

thanks mane, i still ask myself how you made the contacts so clean on your page ;D, i have 2 contacts showing up there dunno why.

i hope soundgine can check my issue with the seperate licenseinfos :(

5. OxygenBeats

'@Homie Beats' what do you mean by my contacts?.... or did you mean to say "contracts"??

6. OxygenBeats

'@Homie Beats' Ohhhh, wait yeah, you meant to say "contracts" haha, funny typo because it sorta makes sense as "contacts".

ANYWAY, I had the same issue as you. It's not the most intuitive right now, but I'm sure' @Soundgine' can make it a little more intuitive in the future.... give me a sec and I'll show you a screenshot of how mine is set up...

7. Homie Beats

-image-

i want to get rid of the marked field. as at the bottom the mail is already shown :), i think you disabled the contact form, but i kinda like it if someone wants to write on the page and send the message.

8. OxygenBeats

Here's how my contracts are set up. If you want a separate value for a certain box, you have to make a whole line just for it...

9. Homie Beats

oh and 2.

here mane a pic, i can only write something and it is applied to ALL license types :(
    i want to have for basic only MP3, the next MP3 + Wav and so on. but atm i can only type one sentence and it is applied to all licenses which is bad !

-image-

10. Homie Beats

@OxygenBeats' Here's how my contracts are set up. If you want a separate value for a certain box, you have to make a whole line just for it...

seems to be the only way :( i hope to be able to do it like that very soon' @Soundgine' ? :)

-image-

11. Deleted 4 years ago by OxygenBeats
  12. OxygenBeats

and for the "contacts".. yeah, I disabled the contact section. because I started using that "Zopim" messenger which allows people to leave messages for me, and so the contact section felt redundant, and I wanted to get rid of redundancy. But yeah, the contact section is a really nice section to have. I had it for a long time.

I actually had this same suggestion for' @Soundgine' and they made it so if you don't provide your email address, the email address thing icon/line will go away. However, the same is not true with the location info. If you leave your location info blank, it will still show up. That's something they still need to fix, which I'm sure they can do. I thought I was the only one that noticed that haha

13. OxygenBeats

'@Homie Beats' for the contracts, you CAN do it like that. Like I said, it's just a little counter-intuitive.

You need to make a separate line for each new value. If you can't figure it... and you trust me, you could email me your login info and I'd be willing to set it up for you.

14. OxygenBeats

Edited 4 years ago by OxygenBeats

If you take a look at the pic I included a few posts ago though, you'll see that "1 year full rights" and "Full rights for life" are on separate lines.... but they show up on the same line on VUE because it VUE gets rid of any boxes that have no value for that column..

15. Homie Beats

Edited 4 years ago by Homie Beats

thanks mane i see what u mean but check this, this is especially bad if you wanna specify distribution limits etc......
    look how it looks here on soundgine
    -image-
    and on MFS, you can edit each column itself instead of each line for all columns..' @Soundgine'
    -image-

16. OxygenBeats

'@Homie Beats' Yeah, that's way would be a lot more intuitive I think.' @Soundgine' can you guys change the license structure to be more intuitive like Home Beats suggested? I had the same suggestion earlier, and even though I figured it out, it's still a problem for new comers because it's very counter intuitive.

Being able to edit a column separately or even edit a row as a whole would be much more user friendly/intuitive! :)

17. OxygenBeats

And' @Homie Beats' to sum things up, I agree. It should be made more intuitive. But to clarify, it's still possible to set up your grid like that on soundgine, it's just a little less convenient.

18. Homie Beats

11 Jul 2015 User since 2015 + 49 RP

@OxygenBeats' And' @Homie Beats' to sum things up, I agree. It should be made more intuitive. But to clarify, it's still possible to set up your grid like that on soundgine, it's just a little less convenient.

yeah bro, i already love soundgine so far, imma make a wishlist maybe this weekend, but this license columnediting is SO IMPORTANT! i wanna publish my page but people will ask about the licenses and i need a liste which shows it like my above example shows :(

19. Soundgine

11 Jul 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17594 RP

Hey guys, We will look into this asap. Thanks for the feedback, shouldn't be to hard to make this a possibility.

20. Soundgine

11 Jul 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17594 RP

@OxygenBeats' I just forward "oxygenbeats.com" to my VUE "oxygenbeats.soundgine.com"

'
    @OxygenBeats' Your VUE url is currently http://oxygenbeats.soundgine.com/ we require nameserver changes if you want vue to be your actual domain name, not part of a redirect.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!