Myflashstore Website Is Down Yet Again! ****!

1. 4 years ago

Royal

2 Jun 2015 User since 2015 San Diego California + 328 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Royal

Myflashstore has been down for the last two days and it cost me about 1k. It was a situation were the guy needed the music right away and I was sleeping at 4am. He was awake approx 7am New York. I gave him a call and asked if I could have him change his mind you know? But he said he needed beats now and he had to get them from somebody else.

I know this is the Soundgine forum but I cancelled my MFS account and going with you guys. I need a stable store that is available for everybody. I dont wanna sleep and worry that the website and players are going to be down. Reliability is EVERYTHING to me.

2. Volume

2 Jun 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

Sorry about that. Losing 1k is not an easy pill to swallow. Soundgine is rock solid. There was a little hiccup during the sever transfer but that's expected.

Every company has issues but 2 days of intermittent use is inexcusable. I would call him and apologize and tell your client that won't happen again. If not Soundgine, get with somebody else that has a solid reputation of always being "live".

A simple phone call and sincerity goes a long way.

3. Royal

I will call, good look out. Sorry I had to vent. Already signed up to Soundgine.

4. musicbox

2 Jun 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

MFS uses Cloudflare which is god awful. I knew somebody that used Cloudflare and the guy told me the service itself slowed down the website. Cloudflare is used by businesses getting DDOS attacks.

There are more secure ways to fend off DDOS, Coudflare is a cluster f*ck.

5. OxygenBeats

2 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

'@Royal' welcome friend! I also switched to Soundgine from Myflashstore... I'm trying to think how long it's been now... .... hmm... it's been at least over half a year now I think....' @Soundgine' , correct me if I'm wrong haha

Anyways, welcome! I think soundgine will become the place for the forward thinkers. I think our community is a lot stronger here too. It's stems from the company. The soundgine teams is great. Before I switched, Soundgine had their phone number listed, so I called it. I wanted a feature that myflashstore didn't have, and they implemented that feature over the weekend. I've been a giant fan ever since.

6. OxygenBeats

'@Royal' where can we hear your music at?

7. Royal

'@OxygenBeats' I took all my stuff down, but I'll upload it on Soundgine in the next few days. Also I hear that uploading to Youtube is a good tactic?

Has anybody found a free way to sell beats with Youtube?
    '
    @musicbox' What the hell is a DDOS? I'll Google it.

8. Volume

2 Jun 2015 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

Tried loading MFS but it is sloooowwwwww......
    '
    @Royal' You can always sell beats from the trunk of your car?

9. OxygenBeats

'@Royal' oh yeah, duh!! hahaha, that makes sense.

And yeah, Youtube can be great. I still need to promote my own more... but one thing I just noticed that you should be careful of... a lot of times when you upload music to youtube, it will limit the audio between -4db to -8 db... I'm not sure why it does this and I can't find any info on it... and of course, youtube makes it nearly impossible to contact them about anything lol

10. legendarybeatz

2 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Welcome' @Royal' !!
    good move on the switch and your question about youtube. I use youtube and what you should do when you do upload videos is use the wav version of the beat so that it compensates for the compression that youtube does.

Other than that, beat making videos are great because if you add videos, make sure you categorize them by genre and type, that helps your visitors when they get to your page and find content easier.

Also, Try uploading content that help artists and producers, I started uploading FL Studio tutorials and I've received a lot of good feedback. One person even asked me about consultation, I'm having a meeting with him this Friday, so this all helps with your brand exposure and awareness.

What I am noticing though, if you look at the major youtubers who are getting a lot of hype, are the ones that have nearly 500+ videos. I might be wrong, but I know It's close to that. The reason why the more number of videos are important is because it will be attached to you and your brand. Especially if it is a wide variety of content based on that niche. Helps you stretch your wings more efficiently to get noticed on Youtube.

Hope all that helps!

11. FrozenjaZzBeats

2 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by FrozenjaZzBeats

@Volume' Every company has issues but 2 days of intermittent use is inexcusable

ohhh... so you should leave Soundgine...
    I can say I was pretty upset when they left us in the dark for 2 days!! I was just in the process of advertising my "brand new website"... that was just displaying a bunch of sql errors...
    And I also lost all my recent uploads...

So it is easy to say MFS s*cks, Soundgine r*cks... but try to be objective.

What I hate is how Soundgine answered, saying that, somehow "this can happen" !!
    So yes, data loss can happen when migrating databases... But this is not very professional...

Sorry, I totally support Soundgine, and I am migrating all my soundclick to Soundgine, but they have problems and experience bugs, like the others...

12. Royal

'@FrozenjaZzBeats' I would love to be in the dark for 2 days compared to an average of 6-7 days a month! Trust me, I asked around, people are more than pissed with MFS being down on a regular basis.

Being down 2 days is not a regular basis in my book.

13. Helix

2 Jun 2015 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 802 RP
    Edited 4 years ago by Helix

And those 2 days were not back to back, they were spaced out.
    '
    @FrozenjaZzBeats' Who said MFS Sucks? What was said is that they are down a lot which is a fact. Soundgine is rarely down. You can try to spin it anyway you want but the Soundgine loyals know the deal. You must be a newish subscriber.

Fun fact: Data loss from migrating runs the risk on data loss, which happens alot more than you think, it almost always happens . This is not Soundgine's fault, it's Hostgator's inability to transfer every database and phpmyadmin tables. It happened to me as well. Soundgine was just telling you the facts.

14. musicbox

2 Jun 2015 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

@Helix '; And those 2 days were not back to back, they were spaced out.
    '
    @FrozenjaZzBeats' Who said MFS Sucks? What was said is that they are down a lot which is a fact. Soundgine is rarely down. You can try to spin it anyway you want but they Soundgine loyals know the deal.

Fun fact: Data loss from migrating runs the risk on data loss, which happenens alot more than you think, it almost always happens . This is not Soundgine's fault, it's Hostgator's inability to transfer every database and phpmyadmin tables. It happened to me as well. Soundgine was just telling you the facts.

This.

15. Griffin

2 Jun 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP

Welcome' @Royal'

Your rant is completely understandable. Soundgine gets a pass because they migrated to a faster server for us, an upgrade. MFS just goes down whenever with no rhyme or reason.

I remember back a few months ago I went on the MFS website and saw a bunch of hacker logos with that Anonymous guy all over the place. This could happen to anybody I guess.

The more you are with Soundgine, the more you realize the reliability is just an added bonus, the people behind the company make them #1 in my book.

16. Royal

Edited 4 years ago by Royal

I'm just going to put Paypal buttons everywhere! lol, jk :) I love this forum too, I learned a lot from reading. Lots of great tips!

17. Deleted 4 years ago by Royal
  18. FrozenjaZzBeats

@OxygenBeats' a lot of times when you upload music to youtube, it will limit the audio between -4db to -8 db... I'm not sure why it does this and I can't find any info on it...

I don't really know, but you remember our discussion about squashing audio... and the fact that I am entirely reexporting my beat catalog, after having read tons of stuff about end of loudness war, EBU and K-System... It seems that Youtube and iTunes are now really using low LUFS (see there for instance: http://productionadvice.co.uk/youtube-loudness/ )

Which is really great news! :)

19. FrozenjaZzBeats

@Helix ';' @FrozenjaZzBeats' Who said MFS Sucks?

you are right, I interpreted the fact that the day after the problem, he cancelled his account to subcribe to soundgine.

You must be a newish subscriber.

Yep but I think I am quite loyal already, and a real supporter.

Fun fact: Data loss from migrating runs the risk on data loss, which happens alot more than you think, it almost always happens . This is not Soundgine's fault, it's Hostgator's inability to transfer every database and phpmyadmin tables. It happened to me as well. Soundgine was just telling you the facts.

ok... I don't fully agree... I mean, there are tons of situations where data loss is simply not acceptable, and is avoidable provided you put the cash on the table :) I agree it is not Soundgine fault.

Too bad I had just signed, and so many changes with many many bugs all over the place, and bam, the night where I decide to load stuff with my sloooow connection, data loss... :)

20. OxygenBeats

'@FrozenjaZzBeats' well, I did some experimenting on my own to understand the youtube issue more... I re-uploaded the beat with the same video and the second time I uploaded it, it uploaded it with the volume at its original state (but with lower quality quality/contrast video). It was the exact same video, and I used the exact same computer to upload and everything... so I'm really not sure what the issue is...

However, I kept the lower volume video because I didn't want to lose my comments and stuff I got on the original. There's no way to replace the audio on youtube, which is kind of a bummer. You can replace the audio on Soundcloud though.

But from now on, I think I'm going to post my videos as private, and check to make sure the volume is at full. If it is, then I'll make it public. If it's not, then I'll have to re-upload.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!