Got picked up by EA Sports :)

1. 4 months ago

Berengere

Jun 6 User since 2016 Lisbon + 287 RP
    Edited 4 months ago by Berengere

I've been a long time member here at Soundgine but rarely post, sorry about that but I thought I would share my recent experience which members will find exciting. Apparently Soundgine has been working on networking and because i got an email from Electronic Arts wanting to buy some of my music outright with the opportunity of joining the team for some specific projects, not a full job but I'll take it.

At first I thought it was spam because the email said via Soundgine so I emailed Soundgine and they confirmed it was a real deal and part of a thing they are calling Industry connect. I asked why I never heard of it and why it's not listed on the website and they said it's brand new and that there will be more info on it via new website launch.

I'm super skeptical by nature but in the end, I got paid and this is a real thing. This came at a perfect time as I almost transitioned into selling Photoshop actions and brushes but this has really pushed me to continue music.

I want to thank Soundgine for putting creators first and giving me this opportunity
    I wish everyone success and peace in these crazy times.

(heart)

2. 360

Jun 6 User since 2016 + 249 RP

Congratulations! I feel like this is something you have to pay into.

3. Berengere

Jun 6 User since 2016 Lisbon + 287 RP

@360' Congratulations! I feel like this is something you have to pay into.

Nope, didn't pay anything for this.

4. musicbox

Jun 6 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 987 RP

Hopefully' @Soundgine' sheds some light into this soon as I can't find any info on this.

Congrats Berengere.

5. Blacksheep

Jun 6 User since 2016 Washington + 384 RP

I was also contacted by an Indie film company in Los Angles, although it didn't work out because they wanted to buy out my music and I only lease it wasn't a fit. I did create them a custom soundtrack so that was cool.

I do applaud Soundgine for giving us the opportunity.

6. Breeze

Jun 6 User since 2015 London + 861 RP

'@Berengere' Thanks for letting us know, wish' @Soundgine' would let us know about it.
    '
    @Blacksheep'' @Berengere' I know it's a bit tacky but were these high paying gigs?

7. Blacksheep

@Breeze'' @Berengere' Thanks for letting us know, wish' @Soundgine' would let us know about it.
    '
    @Blacksheep'' @Berengere' I know it's a bit tacky but were these high paying gigs?

it's fine, the custom job was $1,200 that literally took me 3 hours, lol. I could have made much more but I'm not comfortable selling exclusive work at any price.

8. cfl

Jun 6 User since 2017 + 25 RP

How do we opt-in?

9. OHLY

Jun 6 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1293 RP

Hola!

It's called Industryconnect and well, as it implies we connect you with companies that need audio. I can't tell you everything as the finer details are being worked out but what I can tell you is

- You don't have to opt-in, being a subscriber is all you need (Basic and Pro)
    - Doesn't cost you a thing
    - We don't take a percentage
    - You can opt-out

To be completely transparent, we do take a 10% "finders fee" from the company involved but not from your cut, you keep 100%. So as you can see, it's an incentive for us to find connections for you.

This is close to my heart as I put huge work into this. We found that you can't rely on companies to find you, we have to "sell" it to them on your behalf. Being proactive and persistent is the way forward. The program is currently active but not finalized and it's working :)

You'll find more info on this program when the website launches soon, we appreciate your patience.

10. Jaytay

Jun 6 User since 2015 + 312 RP

So we don't have to market our beats anymore, you guys do it?

11. Marketron

Jun 6 User since 2015 San Diego + 234 RP

'@OHLY' This is fantastic, can't wait to learn about it fully!
    '
    @Jaytay' Even though it's great that Soundgine is taking a proactive approach to selling your music, you can NEVER just sit back and let them handle the marketing. Consider this service as icing on the cake and I'm guessing there's zero guarantee that you get work or sales from this program.

I'm not downplaying this program, the fact that it doesn't cost you a dime and Soundgine doesn't take a percentage is effin awesome, absolutely zero greed on their part. Truth is, they could have charged a fee to be on this list or even taken out 20% for each connected job and it STILL would have been worth it, so it's a no brainer, but you CANT depend on this as your only marketing tactic.

12. Jaytay

'@Berengere'

Hook me up with EA's contact email (grin)

13. Blacksheep

Edited 4 months ago by Blacksheep

'@Jaytay'

The email is masked, guess they do that so companies don't get spammed all of a sudden. You get messaged within Soundgine, not Gmail for example.

Don't try to contact them and spam, that's a sure way to get blacklisted from them and it's unprofessional.

14. Darkair

Jun 6 User since 2015 San Francisco + 317 RP

I met some of Soundgine's staff in Los Angeles at a film festival and they were hanging out with some of the bigger producers guys from Netflix, it's nice that they use their connections on us. Also had the pleasure to meet Ohly and it was clear to me that she knew literally everybody in the building.

It's almost like we don't have to move to Hollywood to catch our break, they bring Hollywood to us.

15. OHLY

Jun 6 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1293 RP

'@Darkair' My pleasure as well.

Being right in the middle of the entertainment industry we often get asked for resources, we're just facilitating easier now.

Have a wonderful day!
    (star)

16. Kid V

Jun 6 User since 2015 Venice Beach California + 440 RP

@Marketron' I'm not downplaying this program, the fact that it doesn't cost you a dime and Soundgine doesn't take a percentage is effin awesome, absolutely zero greed on their part. Truth is, they could have charged a fee to be on this list or even taken out 20% for each connected job and it STILL would have been worth it, so it's a no brainer, but you CANT depend on this as your only marketing tactic.

This.

I was commissioned to do music for a Youtube RED series.
    Awesome? Yes
    Depend on it? Don't

Truthfully, it's not the sales you get from Soundgine connecting you, it's the other doors that open up as a result.

17. Iris

Jun 6 User since 2016 + 60 RP

'@Kid V' Can I ask how you got paid?

18. Kid V

'@Kid V' Google paid me via Paypal.

I only have Paypal set up in my control panel. If I had Stripe set up they could have paid with a card as well I'm guessing. Both parties have to agree that the job is completed with the final price and the form gets submitted with Soundgine. This is how Soundgine gets a record then collect 10% from them.

I however get 100%...nifty.

19. Jaytay

'@Kid V' Does it show the employer email and contact?

20. Kid V

'@Kid V' You already asked this question, perhaps you missed' @Blacksheep' response.

In short, the email address is hidden. The only way you can get a direct email contact from say Disney is if they give it to you personally.

In my case, they gave me their email because I was unable to send them attachments via Soundgine's internal messages but I'm guessing they are working on that. I ended up using Bitly links, no big deal.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!