How To Rank HIgher in Charts

1. 4 years ago

countmorris

20 May 2015 User since 2015 Orlando, Florida + 668 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by Soundgine

Sup team

I allready started a conversation about this topic before but for some reason it got deleted...

But anyway I'm really interested in getting more involved with Playce and I'm wondering, how does one rank higher in Playce?

Charts: https://soundgine.com/charts/

2. godlike

20 May 2015 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

I think the server deleted some posts when Soundgine moved to the faster server.Anyway, I'm not sure you will get an exact formula from the Soundgine staff but' @OxygenBeats' mentioned that sales might be the biggest factor in ranking.

Also, this page is suspiciously hidden but somebody found this: http://soundgine.com/charts/ranking.php

Who knows how much plays and likes play a factor but I'm pretty sure it's not as powerful as a sale. Also not sure if selling an exclusive will rank you better than selling a lease.

3. VPower

20 May 2015 User since 2014 Los Angeles + 823 RP

Chart points.

I know that Soundgine uses "Chart points" to determine the rankings, how many of you wold want to see what your current points are compared to say #1

Or will that discourage us. For example if you have a beat that is in 7th place with 390 points, would we be discourages if 1st place has 980 points and not even try to rank higher?

Maybe that's why Soundgine doesn't display it but how many people would want it? Maybe if enough people ask, they can add it.

4. countmorris

Ah okay, I see.. honestly I hope that likes and plays don't affect chart placements too much because it would be very easy for producers to go and listen and like all their stuff all day long. Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

5. OxygenBeats

20 May 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 3556 RP

I wonder if it's based off number of sales or revenue from sales, or some sort of combination...

6. FrozenjaZzBeats

20 May 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

Hopefully exclusive don't count.... We usually sell them outside, without using the integrated system.

7. OxygenBeats

Yeah, most of my money comes directly from paypal via exclusive sales. With exclusive sales, people usually talk to me about it directly, and I usually provide them with a custom paypal link.

8. OxygenBeats

I'm also curious if there are any measures in place to prevent fraud/cheating. Like you could just have friends or family buy your beats while you re-imberse them. And then just consider the paypal fees a small advertising expense.

9. Soundgine

20 May 2015 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17409 RP

We can confirm that we have fraud prevention in place. If a user has a suspicious amount of likes or plays in a set amount of time, the likes and plays don't count and the beat goes on a 3 day cool off period to discourage ongoing fraud. It's one of the first things we put in place.

Exclusive like all sales count towards your ranking. Looking at our stats 35 people sold exclusives this past week so it does happen and we definitely count that.

Having family and friends buy your track over and over will only count as 1 sale. We take a lot of things in consideration here like ip address, frequency of sales for that track, etc.

If we suspect fraud, the beat gets flagged internally.

10. countmorris

'@soundgine' is this how soundclick and many of the other beat selling websites work? I certainly don't think we should copy them but they seem to have a good formula for doing things, and it's always good to take inspiration from a system that is already working.

11. FrozenjaZzBeats

20 May 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1118 RP

As the sales are not usually done within soundclick, they don't track these... They track plays, downloads, and give more value to plays by registered members, but that is all I know.

What I know is they have a good fraud prevention, as people tried all they could to cheat...

12. 3 years ago

legendarybeatz

30 Aug 2015 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 1953 RP

Thanks for the answer' @Soundgine' I think I was commenting in the old post and asking about the ranking system. sorry

13. 2 years ago

_pm

14 Jun 2017 User since 2016 + 582 RP

Guys, just got off the phone with them and asked how to rank higher, and although they couldn't comment much on it, they said the simple things are what helps.

1. Add a thumbnail to your beat. They see a beat with no thumbnail as lack of preparation. They said a beat could rank with no thumbnail, but they would rank better with one on.

2. Have at least one genre attached to your beat.

I'm sure it's fine posting this info here and it was revealed to me, guessing its a public thing.

14. killtraxxx

14 Jun 2017 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP
    Edited 2 years ago by killtraxxx

@_pm' They see a beat with no thumbnail as lack of preparation.

At first I was like "Why is Soundgine considering a lack of artwork" a negative. Then I thought about it. It does look sloppy not having one, and although the beat should speak for itself, the presentation should not be left out.

15. last year

Is there any way to link Soundgine system with your youtube, soundcloud etc. views?

As of yesterday i uploaded beat to my YT page and after few hours the same beat ranked much higher than any of my other instrumentals, though i really don't have following yet.

Does Soundgine system recognize tracks that are on the net or is this just pure coincidence?

16. Darkair

18 Nov 2017 User since 2015 San Francisco + 291 RP

Thier algorithm is a bit of a secret but I experienced kind of the same thing but it might just be a coincidence. I don't think ranking has anything to do with Youtube or Soundcloud otherwise the ranking can be greatly manipulated.

or Sign Up to reply!