How has Corona virus effected beat sales?

1. last week

minty

Mar 20 User since 2016 + 443 RP

Hey everyone, I know a lot of you are locked down and keeping away from large crowds. Speaking for myself, I sell beats as a 2nd job and pays for groceries, car bill, electric, water and phone.

Personally, it has not slowed down my business selling beats but I have a friend that has seen better days

I was wondering how it has impacted everyone else?

2. musicbox

Mar 20 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 939 RP

'@minty' out of curiosity what kind of beats does your friend sell? If he has only one type of beat he might want to expand to other things like movie, trailer, Youtube background music.

My sales have been really good during this crisis but I have friends in the restaurant, hotel business that have been let go, it's really a sad situation.

Stay strong friends.

3. minty

Mar 20 User since 2016 + 443 RP

'@musicbox' He just sells trap music, you think that's why he's slow, think he had selling issues even before the pandemic

4. musicbox

Mar 20 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 939 RP

'@minty' I'm not saying that's the reason completely but I can speak from personal experience that since I expanded genres and types of audio my sales have gone up because of this. There's actually a type of beat that is selling like hotcakes right now for me, but it deserves its own thread and I'll post soon.

5. Jaytay

Mar 20 User since 2015 + 300 RP

They have gone down a bit cuz I feel people are buying necessities instead of music hey tho....instead of stressin, there's never a better time to strap down and make beats and prepare for better times.

6. Tyson

Mar 20 User since 2016 Hawaii + 892 RP

Lost my main job as a VFX artist here in Los Angeles until further notice. Sales have slowed but it's enough to pay for a few of my bills which has been extremely helpful. I owed' @Soundgine' $84 for custom dev on a side project and they told me don't worry about it, so they have been incredibly graceful.

I work by their building and stopped in, they are running a full crew still and working on the new updates for you guys, they are just in isolated offices.

Just know this is just a phase we will all get through and be careful out there.

7. Helix

Mar 21 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 861 RP

I haven't noticed, surprisingly I'm making more now compared to last year. They say that music and food is comfort in time of uncertainty. Music in recession proof which is partly why I'm doing this.

8. DEVIZE

Mar 21 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 584 RP

My sales are steady but a few artists have lost work & lost their music gigs aswell.

9. Griffin

Mar 21 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1089 RP

'@DEVIZE' My sales are steady too but scratching my head as to why? I would think EVERYBODY is losing right now.

10. Tristan

Mar 21 User since 2015 San Francisco + 244 RP

'@Griffin ';

I think music is one of those things people do as comfort as' @Helix '; mentioned. Also, people are home now so it's easy to start projects at home. Artists will always need resources for projects.

Sales are fine on my end, maybe a little lower but completely understandable.

11. 6 days ago

DEVIZE

Mar 21 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 584 RP

@Griffin ';' @DEVIZE' My sales are steady too but scratching my head as to why? I would think EVERYBODY is losing right now.

Tru tru. Not sure why, I do however know what exactly my artists like so Im atleast 95% sure each time I make a beat itll be sold within 24 hours . I dont ever beg or bug anyone to buy beats they just seem to love what I do & with most in current or upcoming lockdowns they may need something to write to.

or Sign Up to reply!