How did everyone go for 2019?

1. 6 months ago

DEVIZE

28 Dec 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 590 RP

How did everyone go for 2019?

Sales amount?
    Did you find one genre/type sells more than others?
    Facebook or Instagram promoting, best results?
    Lease or Exclusive, the most?

I will pitch in my results after a few
    (punch)

2. DEVIZE

6 Jan 2020 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 590 RP

I'll post mine here with some insights since Ive been selling since 2000 on mp3.com.au

2019 went alot better than 2018. The last 5 years Ive made a return from my prime days on soundclick due to raising a family of my own & work commitments. I would say producing my own 1min beat vids via adobe premiere has surely grown my presence once again via FB & IG.

Genres? Boombap still sells hot. I actually sold alot more Hip Hop than generic trap crap, mostly cuz thats what I do naturally and cannot for the life of me get into modern artists/radio.

FB & IG have been equally engaging as messaging artists and replying to any comment engages that relationship which parts the serious from the not so. I gained about 5 new customers last year & they buy consisently. FB/IG ads are not that successful regardless of ad pic or vid ..just not viable.

I sold a few leases nothing serious but I did sell 186 Exclusives out of 190 beats made for 2019! which is a huge ratio of hit. Landed in total $32,000 with 90% paypal & the rest bank deposits here in Australia. Thats about $5000 more than 2018 with a higher sales average of $150 USD.

While some producers online are making triple that I am quite content in my success while having a stable fulltime sales job, 2 healthy boys & an understanding yet grateful mrs. (phewww)

Anyone else?

3. 5 months ago

fenixprod

7 Jan 2020 User since 2018 Lithuania + 640 RP

Nice stats' @DEVIZE' I know that you are a pro in the beat sales industry and not a newcomer. Did you use any techniques with the Sales Funnels like Gabe The Legion or Anno Domini doing? I would like to know your opinion on the method and the value (or disadvantages) it brings in the long term.

4. DEVIZE

7 Jan 2020 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 590 RP

@fenixprod' Nice stats' @DEVIZE' I know that you are a pro in the beat sales industry and not a newcomer. Did you use any techniques with the Sales Funnels like Gabe The Legion or Anno Domini doing? I would like to know your opinion on the method and the value (or disadvantages) it brings in the long term.

Never used a sales funnel in my life, no bullshit ads, no cheap bulk beatpacks. I admire Anno , him & I go way back to the soundclick days. Im not a fan of supplying massive packs of beats for cheap, imo it only brings in artists who are not serious, cannot afford to purchase serious beats. While my prices are very average, they are the set standard since I began selling online & I sell alot & have returning customers I deal with weekly since 2004.

Tbh just focus on the music & if its great then they will come, the money will come. Just have to have passion & patience for it regardless, never ever ever rely on beat sales for income.

5. fenixprod

8 Jan 2020 User since 2018 Lithuania + 640 RP

@DEVIZE' Never used a sales funnel in my life, no bullshit ads, no cheap bulk beatpacks. I admire Anno , him & I go way back to the soundclick days. Im not a fan of supplying massive packs of beats for cheap, imo it only brings in artists who are not serious, cannot afford to purchase serious beats. While my prices are very average, they are the set standard since I began selling online & I sell alot & have returning customers I deal with weekly since 2004.

Tbh just focus on the music & if it's great then they will come, the money will come. Just have to have passion & patience for it regardless, never ever ever rely on beat sales for income.

Thank you for the honest opinion,' @DEVIZE' I guess you are right - this just takes time to grow and find your own customers, those who are serious and will come back for more. Also thank you for sharing your results of 2019.

From my side, I've made my first exclusive sales this year to USA artists and sold some license as well. But since I didn't do any paid ads (just contacting the artist directly and keeping a human conversation), I think this is a good start as a first-year. Basically I got around 1000 USD, covered all my hosting, subscription of the beat store and had a chance to afford myself a business trip to music events for networking. All that was done with the money from music. And that's awesome as a start.

In 2020 I'm planning to increase my quality of music, networking and artist find, double the figures and search opportunities in the Sync world as well.

6. DEVIZE

8 Jan 2020 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 590 RP

@fenixprod' Thank you for the honest opinion,' @DEVIZE' I guess you are right - this just takes time to grow and find your own customers, those who are serious and will come back for more. Also thank you for sharing your results of 2019.

From my side, I've made my first exclusive sales this year to USA artists and sold some license as well. But since I didn't do any paid ads (just contacting the artist directly and keeping a human conversation), I think this is a good start as a first-year. Basically I got around 1000 USD, covered all my hosting, subscription of the beat store and had a chance to afford myself a business trip to music events for networking. All that was done with the money from music. And that's awesome as a start.

In 2020 I'm planning to increase my quality of music, networking and artist find, double the figures and search opportunities in the Sync world as well.

nice bro, real nice. Keep at it for sure & it will pay off :) find artists you want to work with, who you can relate with & it'll snowball from there.

7. fenixprod

8 Jan 2020 User since 2018 Lithuania + 640 RP

@DEVIZE' nice bro, real nice. Keep at it for sure & it will pay off :) find artists you want to work with, who you can relate with & it'll snowball from there.

Thank you,' @Devize', I'll keep punching! Good luck to you in 2020 too.

8. sontwisted

Jan 21 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2335 RP

Y'all do know that gabe and anno each made a million dollars in sales through clickfunnels last year right

9. DEVIZE

Jan 21 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 590 RP

@sontwisted' Y'all do know that gabe and anno each made a million dollars in sales through clickfunnels last year right

Highly doubt it & I talk to anno and have kits on his site. They've made over a million in beat sales throughout the years but click funnels is somewhat new.

10. sontwisted

Jan 21 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2335 RP

'@devise' Gabe didnt start the $17 beat bundles till two years ago so even if it took two years thats half a million a year

11. DEVIZE

Jan 21 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 590 RP

@sontwisted'' @devise' Gabe didnt start the $17 beat bundles till two years ago so even if it took two years thats half a million a year

Possible. Those funnel jobs mostly attract 1 time buyers with low funds. Theres no real connection, engagement with artists for an ongoing business relationship imo & if an artist is serious about their craft they'll invest in alot more than $17 for recycled generic beats that hundreds of others use. All that is gained is an email address and money, inwhich qrt is prolly taxed & qrt pays for FB/IG ads.

or Sign Up to reply!