Just When I was about to give up

1. 2 months ago

Tyson

May 21 User since 2016 Hawaii + 843 RP

Well, I wasn't going to give up really but just frustrated, no sales in a week then.

-image-

I can see people giving up selling beats, just be patient and do work!

2. Darkair

May 21 User since 2015 San Francisco + 294 RP

Nice one! putting work in truly pays off.

3. Tyson

May 21 User since 2016 Hawaii + 843 RP

Sure does but lazyiness creeps in sometimes then its the "fuck, this selling beats thing is too damn saturated" soon after I reach out and they are getting record setting sales using Soundgine, so it's not just me.

Even though I made $800 I can't say it's enough to fully support myself. Rent, car payment. bills, school loan, etc.

4. Jonus

May 21 User since 2018 + 107 RP

I don't want to talk for everyone but I feel most people do this as a side gig and for some a serious side gig. I find it difficult doing this full time because so many people are doing it and selling for cheap.

I tried going full time but just couldn't get "full-time" money. Instead I use it as music stock that pays off randomly when I get a sale but never depend on beat sales for my livelihood. Instead I look for $400-$1000 a month of extra cash that I would never would have if they were just sitting on my hard drive.

Some months suck and some months go way beyond I expected. If you're paying for PRO and making more than $20 a month then you're good. My beat sales pay for gas, groceries, and a nice chunk of rent and super grateful for that.

I guess my point is to be realistic and you'll have a better piece of mind.

5. Des

May 21 User since 2015 + 458 RP

You are only limited by your determination.

6. 4 weeks ago

Marketron

Jul 21 User since 2015 San Diego + 223 RP

Feels good eh? Keep pushing. Selling beats can be like the stock market, lots of ups and downs.

7. 7 hours ago

DEVIZE

7 hours ago User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 442 RP

Producing & Selling beats for 20 years now I can say one thing.

"Don't focus on the money, else you won't make it. Focus on a great quality product & it will come"

Id rather keep my 9-5 stable job and produce on the side making another full time wage.

or Sign Up to reply!