Tracklib is terrible for beat leasing

1. 3 weeks ago

sontwisted

Apr 28 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2227 RP

ok so a lot of producers are buzzing about tracklib for cheap sample clearances.. its not posted on their website nor has any one who interviewed them had the where with all to ask how this service works for beat leasing so i contacted them myself and asked. what i was told both last april and last month is that after a producer already pays the sample clearance fee and leases the beat,every artist who leases the beat also has to pay the sample clearance and give up a percentage of their royalties to tracklib. this ads a hidden price tag to all your beats using a tracklib sample if your using class C samples this may double or triple what your beats actually cost but if you use a class B or A now add $500 and $2500 respectfully imagine you just payed $25 for a beat that has a hidden $2500 fee plus lose and additional 25% of your royalties.

2. fenixprod

Apr 28 User since 2018 Lithuania + 551 RP

In such a case, it is better to use midi files or do some walkarounds with a sampling... O_o

3. DEVIZE

Apr 28 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 417 RP

You guys pay for clearance? shit..Ive never forked out 1 cent in all my 20 years sampling & selling beats & Ive had stuff feature on netflix, vinyl, instore & work with a big artist or 2. Nowadays I use Splice or buy various unique packs online..considering Splice is what $13 a month for 600 royalty free sounds? its a no brainer.

4. fenixprod

Apr 29 User since 2018 Lithuania + 551 RP

I never paid too and it seems that won't be doing this in the near future.

@DEVIZE' You guys pay for clearance? shit..Ive never forked out 1 cent in all my 20 years sampling & selling beats & Ive had stuff feature on netflix, vinyl, instore & work with a big artist or 2. Nowadays I use Splice or buy various unique packs online..considering Splice is what $13 a month for 600 royalty free sounds? its a no brainer.

5. 2 weeks ago

sontwisted

May 7 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2227 RP

i don't its not the producer job to but people are buzzing about this site like its producers answer to something that wasn't a producers problem in the first place

or Sign Up to reply!