How is everyone doing for sales this year?

1. 6 months ago

DEVIZE

26 Apr 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

sup people, I havent been on here for a bit thought Id drop by.

How is everyone doing for sales this year?
    Are you selling more leases or exclusives?
    What kind of beat is selling more for you than others?

For me Im selling a decent amount of leases but mostly exclusives sitting at 64 so far, last year 140 overall I think, on track for 200 this year.
    Mostly obtaining customers via FB/IG posting beat vids with max 30 hashtags relating to targets.
    I am selling all types of beats but mostly oldschool joints, anything unique, nothing generic or popular.

2. fenixprod

29 Apr 2019 User since 2018 Lithuania + 623 RP

Nice that you are raising the question this year too :) I was reading your last year thread.
    Unfortunately I'm still struggling with the first sale and hopefully, it will happen this year. However, my question do you would be about FB/IG - do you post a beat video with 30 hashtags in FB feed or in some specific groups?

And do you pay for any targeting or promo in FB?

@DEVIZE' Mostly obtaining customers via FB/IG posting beat vids with max 30 hashtags relating to targets.
    I am selling all types of beats but mostly oldschool joints, anything unique, nothing generic or popular.

3. DEVIZE

29 Apr 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

@fenixprod' Nice that you are raising the question this year too :) I was reading your last year thread.
    Unfortunately I'm still struggling with the first sale and hopefully, it will happen this year. However, my question do you would be about FB/IG - do you post a beat video with 30 hashtags in FB feed or in some specific groups?

And do you pay for any targeting or promo in FB?

Hey mate,

I have been doing this technique for the past 3 years & sales have gone right up for me & has helped others.

Make beat

Find image on pinterest

Use image in adobe premiere alongside free overlays from youtube which I downloaded like old movie, lovehearts, sunshining, flames etc

Put my beat in there at 1min demo length

Make a title & site link below on image

Export out in Facebook/IG mp4 (you can find best settings for this on youtube) also export image of beat vid

Upload beat to site with image & then bulk email my regular customers

I then find the best time to post on FB & IG which is usually in the am in America, but about 8pm in Australia here.

When posting on FB I post on my wall tagging only interested people & post on my business page. I do have a bot to post in about 70fb groups but they're usually time wasters in groups just stick to wall & also message artists aswell .

When posting to IG I use gramblr (google that) to upload my vid & inc upta 30 hashtags relating to your work . This is 1 lot I use often

#rap #atlantahiphop #rapper #boombap #rapartist #soundcloudrapper #beatmaker #hiphop #hiphopartist #hiphophead #freestyle #losangeles #hiphoplife #whogotflow #beats #recordingartist #lahiphop #emcee #instrumental #hiphopbeats #allhiphop #4barfriday #hiphopproducer #hiphopculture #musicproducer #rapmusic #hiphopmusic #newyorkhiphop #undergroundhiphop #beatsforsale

Reply to any comments on your beat vids instantly, also message those that liked it & give them an exclusive discount code which you can make within your soundgine admin. Give them 50% off discount for 1 weekly only (creates urgency & gives them value)

Do not pay for ads on FB or IG. I use Jarvee to bot on IG & it works fantastic . Google Jarvee & invest in it & learn it like the back of your hand ;)

This is just a crumb in what I have developed since selling beats online for the past 20 years. Might write a pdf book one day or do a vid

4. fenixprod

30 Apr 2019 User since 2018 Lithuania + 623 RP

'@Devize' Thank you for these insights! And I suppose you have a huge e-mail list of customers/subscribers, right?

5. DEVIZE

30 Apr 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

@fenixprod'' @Devize' Thank you for these insights! And I suppose you have a huge e-mail list of customers/subscribers, right?

No not really, only about 100 but about 20 out of those are in regular contact with me for leases or exclusive rights. A way of testing emails is signing up to mailchimp, promoting an ad for free beats & request people drop their email. Add their email to mailchimps contact list then once you have say a few hundred email them out a message, discount & link to site.

Wait a few days, go into mailchimp and check your stats for who opened email, who clicked link etc
    Anyone who doesnt open email or click link delete their email & rinse repeat for new potential customers.

6. Tone

9 May 2019 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

Instagram is a great way of selling of sure. I don't use hashtags.
    Anyone care to share hashtags that work?

(XD)

Maybe not?

7. Tyson

9 May 2019 User since 2016 Hawaii + 882 RP

+1 on hashtags.

I mean we are all family here right? (grin)

8. sontwisted

9 May 2019 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2258 RP

use leetags to find related tags to a specific keyword

9. fenixprod

16 May 2019 User since 2018 Lithuania + 623 RP

@DEVIZE' No not really, only about 100 but about 20 out of those are in regular contact with me for leases or exclusive rights. A way of testing emails is signing up to mailchimp, promoting an ad for free beats & request people drop their email. Add their email to mailchimps contact list then once you have say a few hundred email them out a message, discount & link to site.

Wait a few days, go into mailchimp and check your stats for who opened email, who clicked link etc
    Anyone who doesnt open email or click link delete their email & rinse repeat for new potential customers.

'
    @DEVIZE' thank you for the advice! I'll use them and try to understand how to get those sales constantly. Now I can share my first win - after 10 months from starting to upload beats to soundgine, building a site and contacting artists on IG I made the first sale! :)

+ Is there any advises how to add more people into the mailchimp subscription? (within 5 months I got only 34 people)

10. DEVIZE

18 May 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

@Tone' Instagram is a great way of selling of sure. I don't use hashtags.
    Anyone care to share hashtags that work?

(XD)

Maybe not?

#atlantahiphop #rapper #boombap #beatmaker #hiphop #hiphopartist #hiphophead #freestyle #losangeles #whogotflow #beats #lahiphop #emcee #instrumental #hiphopbeats #4barfriday #hiphopproducer #musicproducer #rapmusic #newyorkhiphop #undergroundhiphop #beatsforsale #lahiphop #newyorkhiphop #calihiphop

11. DEVIZE

18 May 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

@fenixprod'' @DEVIZE' thank you for the advice! I'll use them and try to understand how to get those sales constantly. Now I can share my first win - after 10 months from starting to upload beats to soundgine, building a site and contacting artists on IG I made the first sale! :)

+ Is there any advises how to add more people into the mailchimp subscription? (within 5 months I got only 34 people)

Just be messaging artists on facebook and instagram requesting their email for Free beats in return, Free for non-profit that is..still requiring credit. Once you have established that trust youll have their business forever.

12. 5 months ago

Tone

21 May 2019 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

Thanks' @DEVIZE'

I'll give them a shot.

13. Breeze

21 May 2019 User since 2015 London + 846 RP

Good, sales bump using the subscription model. There's a lot of play and adjusting but if you use both subscription and one-off sales you earn more.

14. DEVIZE

22 May 2019 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

@Breeze' Good, sales bump using the subscription model. There's a lot of play and adjusting but if you use both subscription and one-off sales you earn more.

Was contemplating subscription but by the time I upload my weekly 2-4 beats they're gone via exclusive sale. I could easily increase my exclusive price but I have customers since 02 that still shop with me for price & its been regular liveable sales for the past 3 years now..on top my already fulltime job.

or Sign Up to reply!