Redesigned Emails (Under the knife)

1. 7 months ago

Soundgine

16 Jan 2019 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17483 RP
    Edited 7 months ago by Soundgine

So we took another look at the emails your customers getting along with your payment received emails and decided it just wasn't up to par with what we envision. Let's take a look at the new email your customers will receive when they purchase your music

Let's first take a look at the "before" design

Old Design..Yuck!

-image-

New design

-image-

2. Soundgine

This new design is responsive for both desktop and mobile devices.

The new design organizes everything in an easy to read format.
    You can now upload an ad size that is better suited.
    Quick access to social media links on the footer
    Custom text below the footer.

3. Soundgine

New dedicated download page for customers

-image-

4. Soundgine

Next is a new payment received email (when you guys make a sale)

We wanted you to see at a quick glance to see how much you made and method of payment

Mobile View

-image-

Desktop View (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc)

-image-

5. Soundgine

We will be releasing these new formats within 12 hours. It's important that your clients view your business professionally and these new forms are long overdue.

Now under "Customer Info" you will see the name of the person that bought your music with Paypal and 2checkout but Stripe is an odd character and only allows to pass the email address and the last 4 digits of the credit card. Strange as a name is basic info in our eyes, anyway' @codemaker' will be looking into somehow pulling it forcefully from its API so stay tuned. (fincross)

This may seem like a small update but infact its a very important part of the puzzle that we are putting together, there's clues in the screenshots .

(heart)

6. Tyson

16 Jan 2019 User since 2016 Hawaii + 853 RP

NICE! Very professional, didn't realize how bad the old design was since us producers don't ever see it.

7. Breeze

16 Jan 2019 User since 2015 London + 841 RP

'@Tyson' Not true, there's a link to the customer download page in the email that email that tell you got a payment. I've clicked it sometimes to see that big green download page, never liked it and this new design is infinitely better.

8. Tyson

16 Jan 2019 User since 2016 Hawaii + 853 RP

'@Breeze' Ah, didn't know that! But yeah, the amount you made big font and bold is gold. I hate scanning the whole email to see how much I made.

==)

9. Tone

16 Jan 2019 User since 2016 Florida USA + 795 RP

It's looks like Soundgine is making room to sell more than just beats. VERY interesting.

(serious)

10. Mike

16 Jan 2019 User since 2016 New York + 448 RP
    Edited 7 months ago by Mike

'@tone' If they do, bye bye Bandcamp for me. it will truly be all in one.

11. OHLY

16 Jan 2019 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1234 RP

My boys

(on-fire)

12. highflown

16 Jan 2019 User since 2015 + 655 RP

YO this is fire! I like the new design for sure. Didn't even realize how ugly the old one actually was until seeing an updated version

13. Darkair

16 Jan 2019 User since 2015 San Francisco + 294 RP

Nice upgrade that customers can immediately see. Trust me, these little things make a difference.

14. SkillyMusic

16 Jan 2019 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP

@Soundgine' We will be releasing these new formats within 12 hours. It's important that your clients view your business professionally and these new forms are long overdue.
    This may seem like a small update but infact its a very important part of the puzzle that we are putting together, there's clues in the screenshots .

(heart)

Speaking of being viewed professionally, I think what is at least just as important is a dedicated disclaimer site. As far as I know our VUE sites DO NOT comply with GDPR. Privacy Policy, Cookie Policy, Terms and Conditions - we have none of that. A little site including Legal Notice/Legal Disclaimer/Legal Details, however you want to call it, would be the absolute minimum. Especially when you plan to include other shopping features like merchandise and stuff in the future.
    And to be honest a dedicated FAQ page is also long overdue. And optimize the mobile version of VUE. I know these are no fancy updates and won't attract new customers but I feel like they are mandatory, before everything else.

I am no expert when it comes to this GDPR thing, what is allowed and what is not, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also my post shouldn't take away anything from this recent email design update, which I think is great! Looks way better now! Great job' @Soundgine'

15. Soundgine

17 Jan 2019 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17483 RP

'@SkillyMusic' The tricky part is that VUE is a one page website not a multi.' @Codemaker' and I will need to sit down that think of a way to incorporate this, but yes, we agree that you need these extra pages. VUE is indeed due for some updates.

16. SkillyMusic

17 Jan 2019 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP

@Soundgine'' @SkillyMusic' The tricky part is that VUE is a one page website not a multi.' @Codemaker' and I will need to sit down that think of a way to incorporate this, but yes, we agree that you need these extra pages. VUE is indeed due for some updates.

I got you. Looking forward to the updates!

17. Soundgine

19 Jan 2019 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17483 RP

Ok,
    these new updates are now live. For those that have ads in the emails, please remake them. They should be 700x130

-image-

Also you can add some extra text below the header.
    Make sure your social media links are good as well (Settings > Social Media Links)
    Access all these features in:

Settings > Download Page Customization

18. shonzybeatz

19 Jan 2019 User since 2015 + 637 RP
    Edited 7 months ago by shonzybeatz

Great update' @Soundgine'

Just made a sale and noticed that "DOWNLOAD FILES" box is missing ?

19. Soundgine

'@shonzybeatz'
    Strange, are you viewing this on mobile? desktop email client? Also, is this screenshot from the download page or email.

If this is the download page from your desktop, please forward that link to technical@soundgine.com please, thanks.

20. Soundgine

'@shonzybeatz'

We did some testing on your account and we could not replicate the issue on both desktop and mobile, the download button appears on both.

-image-

One possible reason is we made alot of changes in the CSS, so it's possibe you ran into a cache issue,' @codemaker' just added a "version" to eliminate any potential issues (this applies to everyone)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!