How to deal with NO sales and plays

1. last week

Mike

Dec 5 User since 2016 New York + 400 RP

Alright Soundgine family.

So we have all experienced slow to no sales except those that have a big following like' @yonaskbeatz'' @timelessbeats'' @tcustomz'' @tone' and a bunch of others. So I would get high anxiety when sales didnt come in since I have bills to pay. I mean, things would get bad that my health would turn to the worst. I wish I could handle stress better and working on it.

You hear stories about "staying the course" blah blah blah but it's either a scam or I just suck!

I stayed the course and kept making beats getting better and better then one day some guy bought 3 exclusives that netted me $900, then he said he would spread my name around and get additional sales from his connections in the following months. Bro, I had a fucking heart attack, I thought finally!

The hardest part is dealing with no sales and low plays, makes you want to quit and be bitter to Soundgine, sorry. But now I see that I need to put faith and trust to my love in making music. and that I should upload and forget it and to stop worrying about money.

If you are in the same boat, its ok to get discouraged but keep making your craft and enjoy what you are doing, this is when you do your best work.

If nobody else believes in you, I will.

==) ==) ==)

2. 80z

Dec 5 User since 2015 + 863 RP
    Edited last week by 80z

We all have been though this and most quit. Very inspirational and continue on your journey.

(kaboom)

3. ja809

Dec 6 Santo Domingo + 170 RP

You 're not the only one just keep working , this road is very mental, and you can't do it alone..

4. '@Mike' congratulations! :) And thank you for rasing this topic! Could you share some details for me like, how long it took you to get that order? How many beats have you uploaded up till that time? And did you made any promotions of your webpage or other sources on the internet?
    It would be nice to get a beaf answer with some deconstruction, if possible.

5. Jaytay

Dec 6 User since 2015 + 207 RP

'@ja809' What do you mean you can't do it alone.

6. ja809

Dec 8 Santo Domingo + 170 RP

@Jaytay'' @ja809' What do you mean you can't do it alone.

I mean without colabbing, with another producers , and working alone , getting tips etc..

7. Tone

Dec 8 User since 2016 Florida USA + 689 RP

I disagree with the "can't do it alone" part. I've done it alone all this time and I'm going to top 100k in sales this year. I know a few other producers on here that do everything themselves and make even more than me.

Perhaps I can do better overall working with others, but I like being the main creative head, so for all of you reading this thinking you can't do it alone.......you can.

8. knocksquared

Dec 9 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1222 RP
    Edited last week by knocksquared

Anyone that wants to quit making music because they are not getting any sales must not have ever fallen in love with "MAKING MUSIC !! I have done a ton of shit in this game but the best memories I remember are making beats and riding in my car listening to them over and over again. I still do that. A love for the production process will help you get through those times when things seem at a stand still...just my opinion tho

9. DEVIZE

Dec 9 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

@knocksquared' Anyone that wants to quit making music because they are not getting any sales must not have ever fallen in love with "MAKING MUSIC !! I have done a ton of shit in this game but the best memories I remember are making beats and riding in my car listening to them over and over again. I still do that. A love for the production process will help you get through those times when things seem at a stand still...just my opinion tho

True that. Gotta love making it first then sales will come. Ive sold 128 Exclusives out of 133 made this year & thats due to fulltime work put in after my fulltime day job. Ive got more passion now than when I began in 1997, stay versatile, step outside the box, stay in your own lane, improve the quality of your production & it will come.

or Sign Up to reply!