Honest feedback on beats & website

1. last week
    Edited last week by hidingsounds

Hey guys,

I started around 6-4 months ago and I have gotten some feedback on my beats. All of them were positive, but they could be a bit biased since they approached me in collaborative manner.

my website is www.hidingsounds.com

In short, can you guys give me your honest feedback on my beats? They are not very mainstream, but I like it that way. I'm mostly concerned about the mixdown, since I feel like I am struggling to get loud mixes.
    I wanted to try to go for more "squashed" mix, but don't know if I have to do that on individual channels vs bus channels vs master chain.

You can also give some feedback on the website and how it looks!

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: FFS I forgot to link the website...

2. Forgot to link the website: www.hidingsounds.com

3. DEVIZE

Nov 30 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

I'll give you an honest opinion right now & I have been selling beats online since 2004ish

Website on first look is nice, smoke effect, clear logo, font, headers.

Peeped few of ya beats not bad, Can't sleep isnt bad but needs to be chopped a lil better the tail is incomplete.

Move your Headers in order like
    About, Beats, Blog with contact being last

About needs a photo of you and studio would be nice. If its just you dont refer to we , be personal trust me.

You need to rearrange/edit your licenses

4. DEVIZE

Btw imo I wouldnt worry about fancy channels n eq shit I been doing the same technique with mix/mastering for 10 years and I sell weekly. I do quick effective masters for a few producers if youre interested in achieving a better sound for a cheap price.

5. @DEVIZE' I'll give you an honest opinion right now & I have been selling beats online since 2004ish

Website on first look is nice, smoke effect, clear logo, font, headers.

Peeped few of ya beats not bad, Can't sleep isnt bad but needs to be chopped a lil better the tail is incomplete.

Move your Headers in order like
    About, Beats, Blog with contact being last

About needs a photo of you and studio would be nice. If its just you dont refer to we , be personal trust me.

You need to rearrange/edit your licenses

Thanks a lot dude!

What's the reason for moving the header like that? I can do that of course, just wanted to know why?

What do you mean by rearraging/editing my licenses?

6. DEVIZE

Moving the headers so an introduction comes first, hence About first which establishes who you are instead of looking like another beat store..totally upta you.

You licenses imo you only need 2 . Basic & Premium then Exclusive Rights.

Basic should be either wav or mp3 format
    Premium wav, mp3, stems

No such thing as 320kbps wav, thats mp3.

There is a lot to learn, Id get your beats correct first before outlaying particular licenses or marketing. You are on the right track though

7. @DEVIZE' Moving the headers so an introduction comes first, hence About first which establishes who you are instead of looking like another beat store..totally upta you.

You licenses imo you only need 2 . Basic & Premium then Exclusive Rights.

Basic should be either wav or mp3 format
    Premium wav, mp3, stems

No such thing as 320kbps wav, thats mp3.

There is a lot to learn, Id get your beats correct first before outlaying particular licenses or marketing. You are on the right track though

Again, thanks for the clarification.

What do you mean that there is no such thing as 320kbps wav? I export 320kpbs wav from my DAW and downgrade it to 128kbps mp3 for free downloads. The quality downgrade is literally hearable.

Changing from "we" to "I" was good point! Thanks for that, I agree totally with you on that one.

8. itbangz

Dec 1 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1344 RP

16 bit wav at sample rate 44100 hz is 1411 kbps at least.

9. 6 days ago

Wow....somebody knows a little bit of color theory. When I clicked on the link I didn't expect such a clean layout. Well done.

-image-

10. Love your beats too, you could utilize different tabs besides "beats" on your player. Like "Discounted" really helped my sales.

or Sign Up to reply!