web site not secure

1. 9 months ago

producerb1

13 Sep 2018 User since 2018 + 49 RP

I go to my website and it says "not secure". Can anybody help me fix that?

2. You gotta get an SSL certificate & install it for your domain to be secured.

3. Soundgine

13 Sep 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17406 RP

We are at our limit to issue SSL for domains, if you want a secure SSL which in reality is not needed since transactions are forwarded to either Paypal and Stripe (which have thier own SSL) then you can purchase one from the Soundgine store.

SSL won't do anything technically for your website expect the "illusion" and "look".

4. Laisik

19 Sep 2018 User since 2018 + 82 RP

@Soundgine' We are at our limit to issue SSL for domains, if you want a secure SSL which in reality is not needed since transactions are forwarded to either Paypal and Stripe (which have thier own SSL) then you can purchase one from the Soundgine store.

SSL won't do anything technically for your website expect the "illusion" and "look".

I've already purchased an SSL Certificate via (namecheap.com ). I emailed soundgine customer support and was asked to attach and send the certificate to them. I attempted to do so, but I was not able to attach the file, which is a .crt file, to the email. Is there any way we can make this work?

5. Soundgine

20 Sep 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17406 RP

'@Laisik' Try sending it in zip format. email it to technical@soundgine.com along with which domain it should go with, also provide your username.

6. 8 months ago

knocksquared

25 Sep 2018 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

@Soundgine' SSL won't do anything technically for your website expect the "illusion" and "look".

So let me see if I am hearing/seeing you correctly..... you are basically saying SSL is just for illusion and look?

So you don't believe that potential buyers avoid sites with that big ass "NOT SECURE" screaming at them from the browser???????? That was one of the beautiful things about VUE... without it VUE stakes a step or two backwards. Beatstars was on that same BS... if you attach your domain to their pro page or whatever its called....then you don't get that SSL ... which made VUE a better choice. I understand you telling dude "technically" he doesn't need it but geeez... its important AF ...anybody with a website that don't have SSL must plan on being a non-profit organization LMAO

7. Soundgine

27 Sep 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17406 RP
    Edited 8 months ago by Soundgine

'@knocksquared'

The purpose of SSL is to have a secure checkout from your website through checkout without being redirected. Customers paying with Paypal or Stripe redirect whether through a different page or on a popup so you are using thier SSL connection. So yes, technically speaking you don't need SSL on VUE because it's already being provided by Paypal or Stripe. Having SSL on VUE serves no real purpose technically because of this.

Now, if you want to have the secure lock on your website, that's fine, we can install one on your domain but it will most definately be for look not real functionality. I never said it wasn't important, just wanted to to let the original poster how SSL works and how it functions.

8. killtraxxx

27 Sep 2018 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP

Soundgine gave out free SSL for years without charge, no doubt they reached a cap usually 500 or 1000, I'm one of the lucky ones I guess :)

9. Soundgine

27 Sep 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 17406 RP

'@killtraxxx' Looks like you have run servers before B)

Yes, that's exactly what happened. SSL's are cheap now and have installed a lot of them already. My recommendation for anybody is to order one and have us install it for you, we don't make a dime on this process. Even though it doesn't serve its purpose technically, it can psychologically for customers.

10. killtraxxx

27 Sep 2018 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP

I was a server admin for Mediatemple for 15 years and still consult. So yup, been there done that. :)

or Sign Up to reply!