Starting a blog, worth it?

1. 9 months ago

hidingsounds

27 Aug 2018 User since 2018 + 74 RP

Hello fellow Soundginers,

Lately I have been having discussions with myself about blogs and the opportunity of starting one. I'm not 100% sure why I started this thread, maybe it was because I wanted to hear YOUR opinion on blogs and how they have maybe helped you (traffic to your site, growing following etc.). Here are some questions I had in mind when I was thinking about this:

What do you write about?

Do you write about production stuff or hip-hop scene in general? I think I have some good knowledge on the production aspect, but I have zero interest and knowledge in the hip-hop scene...

Has keeping a blog helped your business in meaningful way?

I have often stumbled upon some people who have wanted/needed help, and the feeling of helping them has given a lot of satisfaction for me personally. This is the main reason why I'm considering the blog, but I'm also interested if there would be any notable marketing-wise advantage. Thoughts?

How often do you make new posts? How do you find the balance between the essential (beat making etc) and the blog?

I know this is maybe very personal thing, but if you have something to share about your experience, please do!

You don't have to answer to each question (this is not a questionnaire). I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on blogs.

Thanks in advance!

2. Breeze

28 Aug 2018 User since 2015 London + 838 RP

Utilize blogs to target keywords that are not overpopulated.

For example if you create a beat with a goth 80's style mood write about it with the title "Goth 80's style beat". You'll probably be on the first page on Google since it's not a common keyword.

Get about 100 of these specialized keywords and watch the traffic come in.

3. Tone

28 Aug 2018 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP

Yes, it's totally worth it.

Buy the blog from the Soundgine store and profit.
    Make sure to include a video in your post with the same keyword so if your blog post is titled "Funny Gold Widgets" make sure to inlcude a Youtube video called "Funny Gold Widgets"

I have over 200 specialized posts and get about 1k a day to my site.

4. OHLY

28 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1221 RP
    Edited 9 months ago by OHLY

Be creative, if you start a blog post called "Trap beat 2018" you'll just get buried in the Google search engine ranks, use the Google keyword tool.

I've seen people start blogs but then lose interest in a matter of weeks, write content because you have a passion for it, either because you want to build up your business, or love writing...or both.

Results come in months not days.

5. DEVIZE

28 Aug 2018 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 422 RP

@Tone' Yes, it's totally worth it.

Buy the blog from the Soundgine store and profit.
    Make sure to include a video in your post with the same keyword so if your blog post is titled "Funny Gold Widgets" make sure to inlcude a Youtube video called "Funny Gold Widgets"

I have over 200 specialized posts and get about 1k a day to my site.

Whats your link mate? id like to check your work

or Sign Up to reply!