Paypal Refund Cases

1. 10 months ago

Ibsenproducer

9 Aug 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2109 RP

I received a dispute in my account, the buyer declared that this purchase was not authorized.

Send to paypal all the documentation of our conversation and how the purchase was agreed, also that that person accepted our terms and conditions of purchase.

But paypal replied that we have not received any shipping receipt.

What can we send to paypal as proof of delivery?

At the end the sale was $ 30, paypal closed the case and returned the money, and they have made the charge of a commission for chargeback $ 10.00 USD.

I want to send the voucher to Paypal to see if something can be resolved.

some experience friends?

Sometimes you can force Paypal's hand by having a "no refund" statement somewhere on your website. Send Paypal a screenshot and a link to the page where you have a "no refund" statement and you may win a couple of these depending on the Paypal agent.

It's not fail-proof, but this has worked out better than other techniques.

2. sontwisted

9 Aug 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

let them know there is no shipping receipt as it is a digital product

3. follow as' @sontwisted' explained

4. knocksquared

9 Aug 2018 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

Bro.... comes with the territory unfortunately. Selling digital goods, you will get the "we didn't authorize this purchase" scammers. I do a huge amount of paypal transactions due to the type digital audio I sell, and I have had this happen quite a few times.... good news is its only a very small percentage compared to the positive paypal transactions. I have literally sent paypal screen shots - screen video recordings...copys of the email conversations with the "scammers" and even provided a link AND video screen recording of the scammer using the product on their website...and STILL LOST.

5. sontwisted

'@knocksquared' if you present all that and they still side with them thats some bullshit right there

6. sontwisted

I just looked up what it cost to file a copyright claim its $1500-$3000 we are naked out here

7. killtraxxx

9 Aug 2018 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP

Paypal usually favors the purchasers not the sellers no matter what kind of proof you show them.

8. Soundgine

9 Aug 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Answer Los Angeles + 17394 RP

Sometimes you can force Paypal's hand by having a "no refund" statement somewhere on your website. Send Paypal a screenshot and a link to the page where you have a "no refund" statement and you may win a couple of these depending on the Paypal agent.

9. sontwisted

Edited 10 months ago by sontwisted

'@Soundgine' I just added it to my footer

10. @Soundgine' Sometimes you can force Paypal's hand by having a "no refund" statement somewhere on your website. Send Paypal a screenshot and a link to the page where you have a "no refund" statement and you may win a couple of these depending on the Paypal agent.

That worked in my case. Had similar problem and won (check attachment below)

11. Ibsenproducer

11 Aug 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 2109 RP

Thanks friend for all Tips, i will do some changes in my website.

12. maddmannmuzik

15 Aug 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

it sucks with digital products unless you can verify the same email from the customers paypal account actually downloaded the file. if you have terms and conditions it cuts of the payment not being authorized. but they can tell paypal all day that the digital service was not delivered. if there was some way possibly to have some type of confirmation the person actually opened the email or maybe we could see some type of ip info, date, and timestamp the file was downloaded via our dashboard i think it would help. if im not mistaken, i think either google analytics or google tag manager has the capability to track the transaction on your site. and from there you could see detailed info. shows you the ip address, device type, even the browser the person was using, and how they interacted with your site. dunno if that would help but it could verify the person that actually downloaded the file and show live info of the transaction.

or Sign Up to reply!