102 Exclusives Sold In 2018

1. 4 months ago

DEVIZE

Jul 31 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

sup peeps,

Some of you may know me , some of you may not.
    More of an encouragement towards upcomers to keep at it , stay fresh & consistent...cuz it is essentially a long road.

I began in 2000 via mp3.com where you used to get paid for plays. Then onto soundclick & reaching no.1 spot on the entire site for several years without promo (forums sometimes) but having your beats on download put my beats all over the net at the time. No job, No gf for several years prolly 2003-2006 selling 300-400 Exclusives a year at $200 usd each.

While producing a local crew in 2006 I got a job and hooked up with a girl (less beats) had 1st kid at 30 (few beats, less drive) another new job in 2010 & another kid in 2013. Then in 2015 I made a return banging out fresher beats with large variety & creating my own site. 2016 pushed harder than ever with marketing & following trends yet retaining my roots I had customers come back to me from 2004 and buy more beats. 2017 sold about 100 Exclusives & most of those were via instagram (beat vids help) and old connections.
    2018 has been my most profitable & inspiring year since the old days & so far 88 this year not inc leases & tv/film sync.

So 2018,
    2 kids both 5 & 8.
    Full time job in sales
    Ive got my music on vinyl, netflix, countless cds, soundtracks, tv /film adverts, atlantic records buys my kits
    Still managing to bang out 3-4 beats a week for my site & always guaranteed sales every weekend. I have never been more inspired, creative than ever & its due to having that extra money come through from sales so my kids can have the best . I love making beats with a passion & always investing back into my work , whether its studio, drum/sample kits, artwork etc you have really got to invest in yourself.

Change up your production, delve into other genres & have fun! as your reach will be huge & inspire you to become a better artist.

DEVIZE
    www.DEVIZEBEATS.com

2. yonaskbeatz

Jul 31 User since 2016 + 246 RP

Amazing bro!! thanks for the inspiration! keep working and your website looks DOPE!

3. Breeze

Jul 31 User since 2015 London + 800 RP

Well done! If only the new producers had your work ethic.

4. fusion

Jul 31 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 492 RP

What's cool is that your store works for you 24/7 while you sleep. I also have a full time job and it's nice to get a mobile notification that I made an extra $150. All that extra adds up to big money.

Congrats!

5. Elemental

Jul 31 User since 2016 San Diego + 162 RP

Gorgeous website and player, how did you get the wood panel on the player?
    Keep it up!

6. DEVIZE

Aug 1 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

@yonaskbeatz' Amazing bro!! thanks for the inspiration! keep working and your website looks DOPE!

Thank you! always, keep grinding & await the snow ball effect :)

7. DEVIZE

@Breeze' Well done! If only the new producers had your work ethic.

I know what you mean, it took me years before I made a sale . I used to ask rappers daily to get on my beats then when I started posting beats in the rapmusic.com forum & put my beats on free download non-profit I would hit average of 10,000 downloads and 100,000 plays month. Mind you there was a lot fo theives but it definately got my name out there. TBH my prices havent changed that much since then either which has kept them coming back week after week, I literally can't make enough beats for the various clients I have.

8. DEVIZE

@fusion' What's cool is that your store works for you 24/7 while you sleep. I also have a full time job and it's nice to get a mobile notification that I made an extra $150. All that extra adds up to big money.

Congrats!

True that. I honestly don't sell a lot of leases due to most my clients wanting the exclusive rights off the bat. Def is nice to see that notification though! keep grindin bro!

9. DEVIZE

@Elemental' Gorgeous website and player, how did you get the wood panel on the player?
    Keep it up!

Thanks I appreciate it ! I bought the Fidelia faceplate in the hydra player setup. Had some artists say the m7 was better but tbh Hydra looks better and you can gain those youtube views via addin the YT link on each song. Great job soundgine! legends

10. Katvonbeat

Aug 10 User since 2017 Los Angeles + 87 RP

Well done man!

11. DEVIZE

Aug 12 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

@Katvonbeat' Well done man!

Thanks!

12. 3 months ago

DEVIZE

Aug 25 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

Make that 93 :-D

13. @DEVIZE' sup peeps,

Some of you may know me , some of you may not.
    More of an encouragement towards up comers to keep at it , stay fresh & consistent...cuz it is essentially a long road.
    Change up your production, delve into other genres & have fun! as your reach will be huge & inspire you to become a better artist.

Dear Davize, thank you for shared experience! It is very inspiring and shows how it is important to grow and stay consistent (yet patient). Make it to >200 this year! ;)

14. DEVIZE

Aug 31 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

@fenixprod' Dear Davize, thank you for shared experience! It is very inspiring and shows how it is important to grow and stay consistent (yet patient). Make it to >200 this year! ;)

No doubt. Def stay consistent & it will snow ball eventually . Bout 95 now, not sure on the 200 but def over 100 :-D

15. 2 months ago

All Star

Oct 6 User since 2016 + 128 RP

That's dope' @DEVIZE'

Your post has helped people no doubt at over 3k views.

16. DEVIZE

Oct 6 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

@All Star' That's dope' @DEVIZE'

Your post has helped people no doubt at over 3k views.

Thanks homie, appreciated ;) Anything is possible with hard work

17. Darkair

Oct 8 User since 2015 San Francisco + 268 RP

'@DEVIZE' Inspiration.

People will always buy music, recession proof.

18. DEVIZE

Oct 9 Qld, Australia + 304 RP

@Darkair'' @DEVIZE' Inspiration.

People will always buy music, recession proof.

Thanks & the only way I sold them was staying active and talking to artists 1 on 1 whether its phone or social media, get involved & they'll follow up.

or Sign Up to reply!