Problem with client.

1. last year

powerup

10 Jul 2018 User since 2018 + 144 RP
    Edited last year by powerup

Hey guys, i tell this to you cause i don't know what could've happened.
    A client purchased a beat from my site, right? He sent me the two emails, one giving the download link, and the other email from paypal confirming the transaction. Well, here's the problem. The checkout system sent the money to poweruptunes@gmail.com, which is the email i used to register my Soundgine account, but not the paypal email i entered. There isn't any paypal account made with this email, so the money was sent to nobody. He didn't use a paypal account so he doesn't got client protection. He's mad at me since i'm claiming for my money (which is fair) and he was ready to release the song past friday.
    There are two other errors: i didn't receive the email confirming i sold a beat, and the price for the license he bought was $40usd, but the system processed 30. The item was labeled "Ultimate beat lisenced" in the paypal email he received, while it should've said "licensed".
    At this point, i don't know if this dude is joking on me (i don't think so, everything looks so real) or if it was a Soundgine error.
    I sent an email to technical support and they made a test purchase, which went ok, but that doesn't discard the posibility of a moment error.
    I attach the screenshots my client sent to me, even before i noticed all of this.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Do you own the email the sent the money to, register on paypal using that exact email and your payment should be there. or if you have already registered login and let me know

2. sontwisted

10 Jul 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP
    Edited last year by sontwisted

since there is no such paypal account the payment should not have gone through tell him to cancel that payment and reorder the beat and with the wrong pricing i would check that you dont have a discount code activated

3. powerup

10 Jul 2018 User since 2018 + 144 RP

@sontwisted' since there is no such paypal account the payment should not have gone through tell him to cancel that payment and reorder the beat and with the wrong pricing i would check that you dont have a discount code activated

i will check about the discount code. and the problem is that he can't cancel the payment since he didn't use a paypal account so he doesn't have the option. he can tell the bank to cancel the payment, yeah, but it will take a lot for him to get the money back.
    plus, i didn't get any statistics about the sale in my control panel, and i got like a thousand page views the past month before i stopped google adwords, and didn't sell anything, or at least that's what my cpanel says. i asked soundgine for their statistics of my site and sales and they didn't reply to that part.
    i feel like i could have lost more money than these 30 dollars, and that, in this case, that i spotted, even if it's the only one, their job is to give me the lost money to compensate the bug.
    i don't know if i'm the only one who thinks like this.

4. chrisville

12 Jul 2018 User since 2017 + 844 RP

You can simply register using that email and claim the cash :) if your the owner of that email. Then resend to the actual email you would like to use. Hope this helps :)

5. powerup

13 Jul 2018 User since 2018 + 144 RP
    Edited last year by powerup

@chrisville' You can simply register using that email and claim the cash :) if your the owner of that email. Then resend to the actual email you would like to use. Hope this helps :)

How do i make that claim actually?. And, by the way, the client purchased the license again, through my site, and this time it took 40usd, and sent it to the right email, but i still don't get that money...

6. chrisville

14 Jul 2018 User since 2017 Answer + 844 RP

Do you own the email the sent the money to, register on paypal using that exact email and your payment should be there. or if you have already registered login and let me know

or Sign Up to reply!