Hydra player problems

1. 11 months ago

Anyone else having problems with the hydra players customizable setting? The colors are not changing. I have to switch back to the M7 player.

'@brewskibeats' when you change player color, or replace any image, the browser may still load old css and images from cache. You can see changes by clearing browser cache. I just tested your account and I can see the color change after clearing cache.

2. knocksquared

2 Jul 2018 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

I had this problem and cleaned out my cache. I thought it wasn't changing until I checked my site on my phone and saw all the changes had went through and it looked like SHIT ..because I kept making changes thinking it wasn't working. I swear my player was up for maybe a day looking like ass. Finally got it looking decent.

3. SkillyMusic

2 Jul 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2496 RP

@knocksquared' I had this problem and cleaned out my cache. I thought it wasn't changing until I checked my site on my phone and saw all the changes had went through and it looked like SHIT ..because I kept making changes thinking it wasn't working. I swear my player was up for maybe a day looking like ass. Finally got it looking decent.

haha thats kinda funny, your clients were probably thinking "what the....jeeesus...what the heck is wrong with knock today?!....yo this neon green on red hurt my eyes! Stop it" XD ;-)

4. Codemaker

2 Jul 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Answer + 1334 RP

'@brewskibeats' when you change player color, or replace any image, the browser may still load old css and images from cache. You can see changes by clearing browser cache. I just tested your account and I can see the color change after clearing cache.

5. knocksquared

2 Jul 2018 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP

@SkillyMusic' haha thats kinda funny, your clients were probably thinking "what the....jeeesus...what the heck is wrong with knock today?!....yo this neon green on red hurt my eyes! Stop it" XD ;-)

LOL exactly...man when I saw it on my phone I got mad as hell, cause I knew people had seen it. That cache bull is annoying. Why is it that soundgine player is the only player I have used that I have to frequently clean out my cache to see changes?' @codemaker' ? Anyone? I have used all the top players and this was NEVER an issue with the others. I say this with love though... don't think I am bitching

6. maddmannmuzik

2 Jul 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@knocksquared' dont quote me on this, but i think it pertains to the browser cache expiration. I think the way soundgine operates is it stays in a prefetch or preloaded cache to enable faster loading times. Which is amazing at the amount of time hydra loads with the functionality it has. And that is on the front and back end. But, i think the cache only rebuilds after a certain amount of time, or at whatever intervals soundgine has set. Less request to the server equals better performance and better load times. but i think what happens is, whenever a customer visits your page it is somewhat like a new request. What we see on the back end while customizing is still the old stuff as' @Codemaker' said so a new request (clearing cache) updates the way we see our player. I may be wrong but ive seen similar things with some other external scripts i run on my site.

7. Codemaker

4 Jul 2018 Administrator User since 2014 + 1334 RP

Well explained' @maddmannmuzik' (y)
    Speed is exactly the reason we don't "force reload" new css every time the player is loaded.

or Sign Up to reply!