Blaming Services When It's Actually You

1. 6 months ago

fusion

5 Jun 2018 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 492 RP

Just felt like ranting a bit. I saw this post on Facebook where producers were blaming their service for not succeeding in selling beats. In this case, they were not talking about Soundgine but another service.

It just blows my mind that people blast companies for no sales when it's the individual's fault for no sales. Then I see them say "Well I'm going to switch to Soundgine" or some other service like this is going to magically start making them all kinds of money, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm fortunate to surround myself with a group of successful producers that sell a good amount each month and each one of them don't use half the features that the service provides (Soundgine included) No subscriptions, No Make offer, No free downloads nothing fancy and they never bitch. Two of them started with absolutely no following using the basic features and seeing success.

Surely, my post will be ignored because it's not what producers new to the game want to hear. No producer want's to hear that it takes serious grind and learning to move above the noise and gain momentum. In this world of "automatic" services, people expect instant sales immediately after they upload beats or a new cute feature that will suddenly make you successful.

These "features" may boost your sales 3-4% but nothing will ever get close to 20-90% sales boosts from quality beats, expanding your product line, creating beats that match the current popularity. Email independent record companies and offer your services, THIS is grinding.

Soundgine the service I use has all the tools you need to kick ass infact I think it may be too bloating in features and now they have announced more, lol. The point is before you lash out anger at your service, take a moment and ask yourself if YOU are doing enough and approaching your business intelligently, take responsibility.

I know this cat that changed his beat services 6 times in one year and asked him if it made a difference, He said never again. He got caught in the "feature" game where one beat store had that extra feature but it's just a wash. He started focusing inward and improved his beats, changed his attitude and worked on his brand and boom! THIS was the game changer he was looking for. More interest, more sales.

Will people ever stop bitching at companies for their own deficiencies? Nope
    Will somebody take something out of this post? I hope so

Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty. Unfortunately, many producers want a shortcut and point fingers when they don't get the result they want.

End rant.

2. Volume

5 Jun 2018 User since 2015 London + 535 RP

I agree with you, but to play devils advocate it doesn't mean Soundgine can just stop issuing updates. It makes the platform better.

3. Tone

5 Jun 2018 User since 2016 Florida USA + 689 RP
    Edited 6 months ago by Tone

'@fusion' 100%

@Volume' I agree with you, but to play devils advocate it doesn't mean Soundgine can just stop issuing updates. It makes the platform better.

Better is almost always an illusion. I'm an example of someone doing rather well pulling in over 80k using just the basic features. A few months ago I attached all the features Soundgine had and the gains were minimal and when I say minimal I mean 3-5% boost in sales.

And don't get me started on Youtube monetization. Couple years ago I did that with Beatstars and what a f***** nitemare. $2 a month for somebody else owning your rights and months and legal letters to get back full control? No thanks.

Features are good, the point' @fusion' is making is that a lot of us rely too much on the service vs what they can do themselves.

4. 360

5 Jun 2018 User since 2016 + 230 RP

Those making sales = Will Agree
    Those NOT making sales = Won't Agree

5. Mike

6 Jun 2018 User since 2016 New York + 396 RP

This should be pinned.

6. Darkair

6 Jun 2018 User since 2015 San Francisco + 268 RP

I think it's more frustration than anything and it's easy to put the blame somewhere else. The selling music online game isn't for everybody, you have to develop really thick skin and have massive patience.

7. 5 months ago

Helix

Jun 18 User since 2015 San Diego, California + 766 RP

Cold hard facts.

I don't use any fancy features either, just push exclusives.

-image-

8. 6 weeks ago

@fusion' Just felt like ranting a bit. I saw this post on Facebook where producers were blaming their service for not succeeding in selling beats. In this case, they were not talking about Soundgine but another service.

It just blows my mind that people blast companies for no sales when it's the individual's fault for no sales. Then I see them say "Well I'm going to switch to Soundgine" or some other service like this is going to magically start making them all kinds of money, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm fortunate to surround myself with a group of successful producers that sell a good amount each month and each one of them don't use half the features that the service provides (Soundgine included) No subscriptions, No Make offer, No free downloads nothing fancy and they never bitch. Two of them started with absolutely no following using the basic features and seeing success.

Surely, my post will be ignored because it's not what producers new to the game want to hear. No producer want's to hear that it takes serious grind and learning to move above the noise and gain momentum. In this world of "automatic" services, people expect instant sales immediately after they upload beats or a new cute feature that will suddenly make you successful.

These "features" may boost your sales 3-4% but nothing will ever get close to 20-90% sales boosts from quality beats, expanding your product line, creating beats that match the current popularity. Email independent record companies and offer your services, THIS is grinding.

Soundgine the service I use has all the tools you need to kick ass infact I think it may be too bloating in features and now they have announced more, lol. The point is before you lash out anger at your service, take a moment and ask yourself if YOU are doing enough and approaching your business intelligently, take responsibility.

I know this cat that changed his beat services 6 times in one year and asked him if it made a difference, He said never again. He got caught in the "feature" game where one beat store had that extra feature but it's just a wash. He started focusing inward and improved his beats, changed his attitude and worked on his brand and boom! THIS was the game changer he was looking for. More interest, more sales.

Will people ever stop bitching at companies for their own deficiencies? Nope
    Will somebody take something out of this post? I hope so

Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty. Unfortunately, many producers want a shortcut and point fingers when they don't get the result they want.

End rant.

Man, I'm glad that today reading your post and want to say Thank You!

Why? Because, in my small country I'm one of a few people who only starts to do beat selling business and in 3 months time of my start I not yet did any real sale. So I'm constantly reading topics about improvement, marketing and services and most probably didn't reached my full potential, however I had already many times idea about should i change the beat store? Some producers, who are doing business already advice to join other platforms that they are using and it is very confusing - to understand what part of a puzzle is missing, in order to crack it.

I'm glad that i found your topic ... because i was also interested to find out the correlation between the beat store internal market impact to young producers vs beat store without internal marketplace. So maybe someone can tell me about it here too...

Thank you.

9. Blacksheep

Oct 30 User since 2016 Washington + 329 RP

'@fusion' you are speaking the truth. I was guilty but more so fucking frustrated breaking even and sometimes simply losing money paying for a subscription and not getting any sales. I may have sent Soungine some passive aggressive emails about possible new features to help me sell my beats. Now i look back and think of an ass I was, and they were cool about it.

The root of my problem was my branding game sucked and I needed to improve the quality of my beats. I learned so much about composing beats on Youtube and I surely did improve, that's when I started to get sales.

I did the whole switching platforms thing but it's a waste of time, the beat store is a beat store. Yes, I know of a few people that do better on Soundgine but I don't use the extra features yet.

For me the real results came when I put in my full potential.

or Sign Up to reply!