Terms and Condition

1. last year

SuperLoud

7 May 2018 User since 2018 Minnesota + 157 RP
    Edited last year by SuperLoud

During the checkout process, when the click on the "View License" button next to the beat name, all it shows is "Terms and Condition".

How can I change it so it shows terms and conditions for the lease that they are purchasing? Also, where can I go to change the
    Terms and Conditions that they have to agree to before making the payments?

2. OHLY

8 May 2018 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1221 RP

We are working on this option, I'll post here when it's available, you will also get an update alert on your control panel.

3. SuperLoud

8 May 2018 User since 2018 Minnesota + 157 RP

What would you recommend us putting there for now? Is it best to put all the different licenses on there?

4. Zeraphenom

8 May 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 441 RP
    Edited last year by Zeraphenom

'@SuperLoud'

I use this......

Ownership
    The Licensor maintains 100% full rights (copyright, publishing and ownership) of the Composition, and can continue to sell it non-exclusively and/or exclusively. The Licensee has neither the right nor authority to sell or license the rights to the Composition whether in whole or part to any other party. In the event another party purchases exclusive rights to the Composition from the Licensor, the Licensee will retain non-exclusive rights under the limitations listed in this agreement and until these terms have been fulfilled.
    Credit
    Licensee shall acknowledge the original authorship of the Composition appropriately and reasonably in all media and performance formats by acknowledging the relevant author in writing where possible and vocally otherwise. Where a project is commercially released and registered with a performance rights organisation, Licensor shall be acknowledged as a Writer.
    Compensation
    Payment for this License is non-refundable. If the Licensee fails to account to the Licensor, timely and complete the payments provided for hereunder, the Licensor shall have the right to terminate this License upon written notice to the Licensee. Such termination shall render the recording, manufacture and/or distribution of Recordings for which monies have not been paid subject to and actionable as infringements under applicable law.
    Term
    Executed by the Licensor and the Licensee, this License agreement is to be effective as for all purposes as of the Effective Date for a period of one (1) year. In the event that an exclusive license is sold by Licensor
    The terms of this agreement shall be upheld.
    Indemnification
    Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold Licensor harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from a claimed breach of any of Licensee’s representations, warranties or agreements here under.
    Miscellaneous
    This License is non-transferable and is limited to the Composition specified, constitutes the entire agreement between the Licensor and the Licensee relating to the Composition, and shall be binding upon both Licensor and Licensee and their respective successors, assigns, and legal representatives.
    Governing Law
    This License is governed by and shall be construed under the laws of United States, without regard to the conflicts of laws and principles thereof.

5. SuperLoud

Is this one that you use different from the actual lease agreement contract that you send to your buyers?

Just asking because I have three different lease agreements (basic, premium, unlimited), so I don't want to put all three lease agreements into the Terms and Condition area.

6. Zeraphenom

'@SuperLoud'

Alot of the stuff is the same as my contract but when the contract gets sent out it says what the client can and cant do for that particular license.

Terms and conditions are separate from contracts.

7. SuperLoud

Edited last year by SuperLoud

What are your thoughts on adding that "Terms and conditions are separate from contracts?

Something like: You will be sent a separate leasing agreement contract along with your beat after payment has been received."

Also, in my contracts, I go in Mechanical Rights, Publishing, etc... You think that would be better left out of the Terms and Conditions?

8. Zeraphenom

'@SuperLoud'

The terms and conditions doesnt have to be long, but it should let your potential clients know that there are no refunds, beats are non transferrable and that by purchasing a track, they agree to the specific terms that will be stated on the contract between the producer and the client.

The terms and conditions are to be read before a purchase and are public, the contract is a private document which should not be shared with anyone but the client.

9. sontwisted

9 May 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP
    Edited last year by sontwisted

Mines isnt blank it has the information i put in the tos section of settings

10. maddmannmuzik

10 May 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@Zeraphenom' with the "work for hire" clause is this strictly for your samples? I only ask because I was under the impression work for hire meant you don't retain the copyright.

11. Zeraphenom

10 May 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 441 RP

'@maddmannmuzik'

Damn, thanks for the heads up. You are correct. I thought i removed that.

I had a separate clause for samples but it is not there for some reason.

12. maddmannmuzik

10 May 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@Zeraphenom' no problem bro. Us producers are already getting skimmed as is. Well the hip hop/rap genre anyway.lol.

13. Zeraphenom

10 May 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 441 RP

'@maddmannmuzik'

That's the truth! I almost got my self jammed up.

or Sign Up to reply!