Big vs Small Beat Libraries

1. last year

Mike

5 May 2018 User since 2016 New York + 454 RP
    Edited last year by Mike

I was having a discussion with a fellow beatmaker and he was full endorsing having a select number of beats around 30 beats available for sale vs stores that contains 50, 60, 80, 100 beats. He said buyers are more likely to buy from a store that has a limited amount because they feel that the collection is more exclusive. He mentioned sales picked up after trimming his beat selection.

I'm sure I believe that but I do feel that if a customer see's a beat store that has 100's of beats it's a bit overwhelming and loses it's exclusive feel.

Thoughts?

2. Zeraphenom

5 May 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 489 RP

'@Mike'

I agree! Not all clients want beats that have been "published" before especially if they are looking for an exclusive. Also, no one is going to go through every single beat on a beat store if there are hundreds. If you do have hundreds of beats on your store, re arrange them frequently and showcase different beats at the top of the list!

3. DEVIZE

5 May 2018 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

50 beats max. I label sold beats weekly & shuffle old ones up. Been doing that since 2000

4. Both ways, study what works for you :)

5. maddmannmuzik

10 May 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

depends on your setup. Pointless to have close to 100 beats unless you are getting just that much traffic, or you have them linked to youtube videos or some type of link. Also depends on the variation of your beats and the genre you mainly cater to. A majority of profit comes from customs so I may upload altogether maybe around 50. going to Link them to youtube or whatever and other places and run a strong campaign for a few months. after that ill rotate another 50 in. It gives everything equal time to be heard.

6. Jaytay

10 May 2018 User since 2015 + 297 RP

For example Tcustomz
    https://www.tcustomz.com

He has close to 250 beats, I wonder if customers even reach the bottom of the list. No doubt he's doing well but I wonder if he would do better if he trimmed it to say 50 and threw in some fake "sold" beats.

7. DEVIZE

10 May 2018 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

From my experience selling beats since the beginning of all this on mp3.com , way before any social platform. 50 beats max is where you wanna be at & 50 hot beats that is too. Ive seen stores with 500+ and none are sold & have ridiculous exclusive rights prices on them (hence not being sold) Most artists don't mind the beat still on site but have any sale option removed obviously.

The biggest problem with most beat makers is they have 500 of the same sounding beats, very generic boring beats tbh which is why they're still available. 50 Quality beats of vast variety will hit all angles from artists to tv/film companies. This is the reason why I can sell beats weekly for the past 20 years.

8. fusion

10 May 2018 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 545 RP

I think the OP point is the psychology of a buyer when they seem a ton of beats in the store and the exclusivity of the material when there's that much.

It's like a dude going to a Ferrari dealership for buy the new Ferrari 488 GTB, but instead of seeing 3 or 4, there's like 100 of them, kinda takes the exclusiveness out of it a little.

This is actually a weak example since every beat you sell is different not a clone but I'm sure you can understand my logic.

9. fusion

10 May 2018 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 545 RP

@DEVIZE' The biggest problem with most beat makers is they have 500 of the same sounding beats

There we go.

10. DEVIZE

10 May 2018 User since 2018 Qld, Australia + 513 RP

@fusion'
    It's like a dude going to a Ferrari dealership for buy the new Ferrari 488 GTB, but instead of seeing 3 or 4, there's like 100 of them, kinda takes the exclusiveness out of it a little.

Definately this

or Sign Up to reply!