The Most Popular DAWs - Survey Results

1. last year

SkillyMusic

20 Apr 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP
    Edited last year by Soundgine

Check this. This is very interesting. 30,000 participants

link

I would love to see official DAWs sales numbers too.... and a yearly DAW and plugin awards show! :)

2. minty

20 Apr 2018 User since 2016 + 401 RP

Results so far

-image-

3. chrisville

20 Apr 2018 User since 2017 + 844 RP

Very true Ableton is making it's way

4. Zeraphenom

21 Apr 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 447 RP

Reason and logic for me

5. an0nym0u5beats

21 Apr 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1969 RP

Im curious what the demographic of the survey was. I would think over all garage band would take first place as it comes with most Apple things. There are more "casual" users of garage band than professional users of Ableton imo.

6. Liz Vega

22 Apr 2018 User since 2016 + 987 RP

I use ableton too, and just sometimes i like to use logic, but it makes me crazy lol. Anyway this result is weird, i thought that Fl studio were the most used or at least not in that position.'
    @chrisville' yeah it is, with the version 10 they did some magic to be honest, and i have to say that i use it for mixing tracks too, i'm too fast with it, but as you already know : is not the daw but the man/woman behind it :-D

7. ROBBMAC

25 Apr 2018 User since 2016 Midwest + 405 RP

@SkillyMusic' Check this. This is very interesting. 30,000 participants

link

I would love to see official DAWs sales numbers too.... and a yearly DAW and plugin awards show! :)

Don't know that you'd learn much from "official" sales data as many people don't "pay" for any software these days. So that is likely to be different than what anyone would expect.

Real talk I got my hands on a free version of logic to try out, before I bought it a month later. Some people never go back and make good :)

8. SkillyMusic

26 Apr 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2534 RP

@ROBBMAC' Don't know that you'd learn much from "official" sales data as many people don't "pay" for any software these days. So that is likely to be different than what anyone would expect.

Real talk I got my hands on a free version of logic to try out, before I bought it a month later. Some people never go back and make good :)

Yeah that might be the case. On the other hand, a lot of people don't pay for music and movies anymore yet the sales numbers are still a good indication of how successful something is. Also I think people are pirating all DAWs to the same extent. so sales numbers might not tell you much about the actual user numbers, but it could still show you how successful one DAW is compared to another. But then again, that's what this survey probably did already. But man I still want to know the sales numbers I can't help it :)

or Sign Up to reply!