Looking for criticism

1. last year

BananaSlugProd

20 Apr 2018 User since 2017 Minneapolis + 41 RP

What's up guys, I've been working on producing for a few years now but have only been on soundgine for a little over a year... I havn't been seeing the results (sales) I'm hoping for so I was hoping to get some feedback from the rest of you... tear everything apart from the quality of the music to websites design, content, and layout. Any support is appreciated.

Peace

2. maddmannmuzik

20 Apr 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@BananaSlugProd' well the name is DEFINITELY one that sticks to your brain. website looks good, i like the color scheme. you actually have nice music. very nice. but you need to use newer sounds. give your kicks a little more bite also. better drums, or higher quality rather, use higher quality vst's/instrument sounds. oh and this was the main thing. there are some beats that sound like they dont belong in your library. you start off with a really cool beat, and the next beat is like wtf. will scare your customers away because it makes them second guess your talent. shorten the amount of beats uploaded. better to have 20-30 of your best beats rather than all 45 loaded and the beats that arent as high quality shoo off the customer. you definitely have the talent, now you just need quality sounds to match.

3. BananaSlugProd

20 Apr 2018 User since 2017 Minneapolis + 41 RP

'@maddmannmuzik' f i appreciate you taking the time mane, and what youre saying definitely makes sense... i probaly go through my catalog and tailor it for the best beats

4. maddmannmuzik

20 Apr 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@BananaSlugProd' no problem. I made the same mistake when i started out just trying to build my catalog up. You got some dope beats. And definitely a name thats catchy and easy to remember. If i were you id run a few social media ads. And the soundgine twitter player converts pretty good.

5. chrisville

20 Apr 2018 User since 2017 + 841 RP

As' @maddmannmuzik' mentioned' @BananaSlugProd' add your best beats. Treat your player like a playlist selecting your best tracks down the line play around weekly with this. :) design looks clean great work on beats do more.

6. Zeraphenom

22 Apr 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 441 RP
    Edited last year by Zeraphenom

'@BananaSlugProd'
    Just like all the others said, quality over quantity. That is why I only have 14 beats uploaded for lease.

I have hundreds of beats on my hard drive but they are either sold exclusively, trash, the mixing is bad, or are unfinished so I can't post them.

You have to identify when your own product is trash. I heard some bangers and some trash on your site. Not hating at all but even the trash ones have the potential to be better.

When I know one of my tracks are trash, I will remake it later on.(Even if it takes a couple days, weeks, or even years)

The mixing on your tracks are off. The bass is too high on some of them and the hi hats are too high.

7. BananaSlugProd

6 May 2018 User since 2017 Minneapolis + 41 RP

'@Zeraphenom' Thanks for the comments! Youre definitely right about the mixing on some of my tracks, some of them are a lot newer than others and the difference is pretty apparent, I've been going back and re-uploading new masters tho, thanks again for criticism

8. Zeraphenom

6 May 2018 User since 2018 South Florida + 441 RP

'@BananaSlugProd'

No problem, I just checked out your site and I can see a huge difference already. I picked on the mixing because I struggle with bass and high hats as well! Your track "Wednesday" is dope!

Keep it up dude!

or Sign Up to reply!