Youtube is too slow

1. last year

Liz Vega

2 Apr 2018 User since 2016 + 987 RP

Hi guys! whats up? ^_^ i'm trying to upload my beat videos on youtube, and for uploading a video it takes like 8-9 hours, these vids are big like 1.70gb, but if i upload the same vid using dropbox or wetransfer it takes like an hour or two, is it possible that youtube is so damn slow? Is this happening only to me?? -_-

2. maddmannmuzik

2 Apr 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@Liz Vega' download a program called handbrake. its free. you have to optimize your video for web, thats a VERY large file to upload. i usually use the "fast 1080p 30" preset. make sure the container is mp4 and the "web optimized" box is checked. it will reduce the size of your file dramatically with minimal quality loss.

3. Liz Vega

'@maddmannmuzik' yeah they are huge i know, i made them with after effects!! This handbrake program how does it work? and nope my video are in the .mov format, handbrake will help me with this??

4. maddmannmuzik

2 Apr 2018 User since 2016 Aiken, S.C. + 667 RP

'@Liz Vega' yes its free. pretty much the program takes your raw file and compresses it, and optimizes it to whichever streaming format you choose. Mp4 being one of the most used formats.

5. Liz Vega

dude you are really saving me tonight :-D (Here is 10 pm lol)

or Sign Up to reply!