What does everyone's subscription price points and options look like?

1. last year

IsaacTaylor

8 Mar 2018 User since 2014 Nashville, Tn + 575 RP

What up fam, just curious how everyone is going to price their subscription plans and what options you are going to provide? Also, do you think this is going to eventually phase out the 'buy one beat at a time' model?

2. sontwisted

8 Mar 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

mine is $10 5 basic leases
    $20 5 premium leases
    $50 --4 unlimited leases
    no extra options i don't think it will phase out one offs not everyone wants to pay monthly

3. killtraxxx

8 Mar 2018 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP

$7.99 (3 basic) to get the ball rolling
    $19.99 (5 basic)
    $79.99 (15 basic)

If your pricing are on point, why would most people buy one off when they could get multiple at a lower pricepoint.

4. Dreamstar

8 Mar 2018 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

What I found by setting up subscriptions is that you keep customers much longer and build a much better relationship vs the buy and run method.

Look at Soundgine, Netflix, etc. (monthly subscriptions)
    They know the business model of today, it's time for us to jump onboard and get with 2018.

5. IsaacTaylor

8 Mar 2018 User since 2014 Nashville, Tn + 575 RP

'@Dreamstar' Good point!

6. Breeze

9 Mar 2018 User since 2015 London + 838 RP
    Edited last year by Breeze

Keep in mind that there will probably be a learning curve at first. Customers are not used to buying into subscriptions............yet.

At first, visitors weren't biting but then I decided to send all my customers an newsletter that started with
    "Tired of buying high prices for a single beat?"

I then explained in the email about the packages I was offering and how much they would be saving, the next morning I got 4 subscribers.

You can't expect to just activate the plugin and get subscribers right away, you still have to market to your email list and educate them. Soundgine in WAY ahead of the curve on this one, and it will take a bit for rappers and such to catch on *my opinion.

It's better to be ahead of the curve then way behind, I already experienced that on that with the competition, no thanks.

7. Tone

9 Mar 2018 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP

@Breeze' You can't expect to just activate the plugin and get subscribers right away, you still have to market to your email list and educate them.

+1

Silver ($9.99) 10 Downloads
    Gold ($29.99) 25 Downloads
    Diamond ($59.99) (Unlimited)

8. itbangz

10 Mar 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1508 RP

So you guys pricing average $10 for 10 downloads, for me it looks like selling 10 beats for $10 instead of 10beats x $25 with buy 1 get 1 free = $125
    (or lowest if its just 1 beat for $25).
    What stops customer to drop off subscription right after ?

As I do the math, $25 (or even $250) is better than $10. As Ive noticed, artists doesnt need that much beats in a month, usually its 1-3 songs per month (ok, 30 for Gucci Mane). Also, by getting 10 beats, you undervaluing them drastically.

"buy1get1free" type was sell yourself low move, but this subscription thing is even worse. I know that recurring customers are gold, but who will come back for more to "$1 per beat type beat producer" ? How can you ask $500+ for exclusive rights after that? As Ive noticed, artists who see themselves in the industry, they want customs, they want exclusives, they want hits. Even if you are Metro Boomin, maximum 15% of your catalog are hits.

Prove me wrong.

9. Tyson

10 Mar 2018 User since 2016 Hawaii + 804 RP

'@itbangz'

Lol, you're always the first one to hate on anything Soundgine presents...
    we can probably make a drinking game out of it.

I had a chance to talk to Timeless Beats that was the first one with this feature and is kicking ass. He has retained 75% of his subscribers he had in the previous month and is net positive. He mentioned how it feels good to have automatic recurring money flowing in addition to his one time sales.

In other words, he's over the moon with this new feature, don't believe me? email him.
    https://www.timelessbeats.com/

As for me, I keep in contact with my clients and have no intention of leaving and is some do go, the amount of people subscribing will top the previous month.

The subscription makes you "flexible" since it's not either / or

If customers want to buy on'off's then they do
    If they want to buy exclusives then they do
    If they want to subscribe for monthly downloads.....they do.

As Timelessbeats found out along with me giving customers different options to buy.

If you disagree with the pricepoints mentions here, cool. Make your own that makes sense for you, or maybe it's just not for you.

10. musicbox

10 Mar 2018 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

@itbangz' What stops customer to drop off subscription right after ?

Nothing........ just like any subscription service. I only like a few particular shows on Netflix and I watched them all, but they keep coming up with new shows and documentaries they are darn good every month so I stick around. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

So as a subscription store owner now, it's up to you to create new content for your subscribers.

Subscriptions are good for people that have large catalogs, and fine-tuning your price points are essential, but price your beats whatever you damn feel like it. I'd imagine some of you are testing the waters with low price points and raising them accordingly.

Source: Me with 9 subscribers

11. musicbox

10 Mar 2018 User since 2014 Barcelona, Spain + 923 RP

@Breeze' You can't expect to just activate the plugin and get subscribers right away, you still have to market to your email list and educate them. Soundgine in WAY ahead of the curve on this one, and it will take a bit for rappers and such to catch on *my opinion.

+2

12. itbangz

11 Mar 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1508 RP

@Tyson'' @itbangz'

Lol, you're always the first one to hate on anything Soundgine presents...
    we can probably make a drinking game out of it.

Soungine did a great tool for us. Im discussing here how we are using it.

@Tyson' I had a chance to talk to Timeless Beats that was the first one with this feature and is kicking ass. He has retained 75% of his subscribers he had in the previous month and is net positive. He mentioned how it feels good to have automatic recurring money flowing in addition to his one time sales.

In other words, he's over the moon with this new feature, don't believe me? email him.
    https://www.timelessbeats.com/

Just visited his website. His lowest lease price is $10. And subscription starts at $10. Thats explains a lot.
    As Ive said earlier artists need 1-3 beats per month. If they want just buy 1 beat and run - subscription doestnt save them anything.
    Basically thats buy 1 get 9 free, and that could work.

13. 10 months ago

powerup

21 Jul 2018 User since 2018 + 144 RP

@itbangz' Soungine did a great tool for us. Im discussing here how we are using it.

Just visited his website. His lowest lease price is $10. And subscription starts at $10. Thats explains a lot.
    As Ive said earlier artists need 1-3 beats per month. If they want just buy 1 beat and run - subscription doestnt save them anything.
    Basically thats buy 1 get 9 free, and that could work.

Just came here to see the pricing y'all using and found gold. Thanks for your point about "touch and go" tho lmao, that's what i had been thinking. You're clearly not hating on anything. And, by the way, your beats rock.

or Sign Up to reply!