Fake followers worth it?

1. last year

Jaytay

24 Feb 2018 User since 2015 + 287 RP

Let's be honest in this thread and discuss whether fake followers actually helps your business or not. I have heard good arguments on both sides and would like to hear your opinion. I am considering buying followers.

2. Mike

24 Feb 2018 User since 2016 New York + 419 RP

No, it's better to do it the right way. Build your own real following of people actually interacting and becoming fans is the best way to go.

3. Darkair

24 Feb 2018 User since 2015 San Francisco + 291 RP

Meh bullsh*t.

if you walk into a mall and see 2 stores

First Store: Not one person in there
    Second Store: Loaded with people

You are most certainly going to walk into the second store because the first one will seem whack as hell. Perception is everything and if give the illusion that people give a shit then you will have the upper hand from somebody having say 125 followers vs 5k followers.

4. YendisMusic

24 Feb 2018 User since 2017 Norfolk, VA + 91 RP

Fake followers is a dumb idea b/c you'll still be broke in the long run. You'll have a better stream of income by building it up organically + when you're small you can have more personal relationships with the people that contact you & can potentially become an in-house or go to for said artist/company. My advice to you is to take all of that money for the fake followers and invest it into ad marketing as that will be more organic for your business & social accounts!

Godspeed!

5. an0nym0u5beats

25 Feb 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 Los Angeles + 1969 RP

+1 for fake followers, likes, plays, tweets, re-tweets, follows, views...you name it! If there is a stat, it can be manipulated and often times, for the better.

Completely agree with' @Darkair' , perception and traffic can be directly related to value, especially in this game. Take 2 artists beat stores for example, 1 has 0 plays and the other shows 30k. Which beat store do you think is going to get more attention? The one with 30k hands down. Even if that number is fake, or has been slightly blown up, its still going to draw more attention than a store with 0 plays. Even if artist 2 hasnt sold 1 single beat yet, he'll end up with more traffic, and that can lead to potential sales, not to mention getting their name out.

Trust me, Iv been selling plays, views and tweets for years and business is only getting better. More people are doing it waaaaaay more than you think. Thats why I offer ad campaigns and SoundCloud plays with my beats and mixing and mastering services. Because I know his beat will not get skipped over because he just uploaded it and I gave him 2k plays already instead of having 0.

FYI, I have hundreds of bots running 24/7 and I still cannot keep up with the demand.

6. Just know that there are top selling producers that have bought their followers.

I agree with the guys that do it for the perception. I understand.

I’ve never bought followers. I’ve thought about doing it though.

7. Tone

25 Feb 2018 User since 2016 Florida USA + 771 RP

When corporate companies like Coca-Cola are buying Twitter followers then it's probably something you should look into. Keep in mind Coca-Cola has one the best marketing forces in the world and they still buy likes and followers.

Other celebs and brands that buy followers

50 Cent
    Mercedes
    Wal-Mart
    Toys R Us

etc...

8. sontwisted

27 Feb 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2234 RP

having fake followers for the sake of having fake followers is useless for perception you also need real marketing after the fake followers

9. CobraB

3 Mar 2018 User since 2018 + 59 RP

'@triplehomicide'

I'm in the "think I'll do it" camp.
    I already get really good sales without interacting with anyone, so that extra "social proof" padding won't hurt in my opinion.

or Sign Up to reply!