Best Earbuds for 2018 (Review & Thoughts)

1. last year

Tyson

30 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Hawaii + 843 RP

Admittingly I'm an audiophile, and I'm guessing so are many of you since you are music producers. I also think you guys have a headphone collection! Full side headphones aside, what are your favorite earbuds?

2. killtraxxx

30 Jan 2018 User since 2017 SF + 662 RP
    Edited last year by killtraxxx

Ahhhh, a topic I can sink into. I still have full headphones around but rarely use them now. I love the Vido earbuds and at $5 a pair this is literally the best value / performance you're going to get.

-image-

Excellent midbass, surprisingly good sub and clean treble.
    Link

3. killtraxxx

Tried IEM but hated the feel of jamming something way inside your ear. I've researched earbuds for about 6 months and bought a few that were hyped up including one called Monk Plus.

-image-

Ordered it and waiting a couple weeks (delivery from China)

For reference, I have a pair of Grado's 125e's I use for home listening.

Anyway, grabbed them from the mailbox and wasn't expecting very much, I mean look how small these guys are? Well HOLY SHIT...these blew away my full size headphones and are now collecting dust.

$7..yes $7

Monk Plus

4. Tyson

30 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Hawaii + 843 RP

From the two which ones have a better sound? My taste is more on the bass side rather than neutral.

5. killtraxxx

Between the Monks and the Vido, I would go with Vido.
    although both great, the Vido has cleaner mids and treble. The Monks can be slightly muddy at higher volumes. The Vido has a bit wider soundstage.

6. grim

30 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 380 RP

Is this Aliexpress website legit? I might be a couple of these and see what the hype is about.

7. killtraxxx

'@grim' 100% legit. I get your concern ordering from China but I've ordered them several times with no issues whatsoever. The only downside is the time it takes for delivery, it could take up to 3 weeks but they always arrive. Another tip is to use a credit card instead of a debit card in case your product doesn't show but I've never had this issue.

8. Dreamstar

30 Jan 2018 User since 2014 Italy + 714 RP

My disease for collecting headphones started a long way back, lol. There's a forum post on Head-Fi that rounds up all the best budget earbuds and have collected most of them but the best one's out of the bunch, in my opinion, is the EMX500

-image-

-image-

-image-

These things are next level. Excellent Sub bass without bleeding into the mids and sparkly treble without being too harsh.

9. Maxx Factor

30 Jan 2018 User since 2014 Paris + 205 RP

Interesting. I see some of the cabling is silver and brown? is this just for show or does it have some dynamics to the sound?

10. Dreamstar

'@Maxx Factor' I have a DAP player so I'm able to hear sounds better than somebody just plugging it into an iPhone. The silver cable does bring up a treble a bit and the copper cable makes the sound signature a bit warmer. It's not a huge difference but it's there.

Mostly these are upgraded cables for quality and aesthetics.

11. Jaytay

30 Jan 2018 User since 2015 + 297 RP

Confused! whats the difference in IEM and earbuds?

12. Dreamstar

Edited last year by Dreamstar

'@Jaytay'

IEM = place inside your ear canal
    Earbuds = place just inside your ear (outer area)

-image-

13. fusion

30 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 545 RP

I bought the $1000 Shure SE846
    they sounded pretty good but I wanted a cheap backup and ended up getting a Shozy BK earbuds and they sound better, lol.

Shozy BK's are about $160 but the best headphones I own. I listen to music more now just because of these guys. The EMX500' @Dreamstar' mentioned has about 90% of the sound of these Shozy's

-image-

-image-

14. 808

30 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 246 RP

My list of favorites

1. Edifier H185
    2. EMX500
    3. RY4S
    4. Toneking TP16

15. 808

30 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 246 RP

Toneking TP16

-image-

-image-

16. _pm

31 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 582 RP

Chi-Fi!

The Chinese have really stepped up their game closing the gap to big names like Shure, Weston etc.
    I'm going to take a chance on one of these called Penon BS1

-image-

A friend of mine ordered it and mentioned it had a huge soundstage. perfect for mixing.

17. Tyson

31 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Hawaii + 843 RP

'@_pm' Those earbuds look a little big, how do they fit in your ear, I'm kind of interested in the Penon and do you have a link?

18. _pm

31 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 582 RP

They look big in the pic but they fit fine for me, unless you have ultra small ears. The only downside is the cable is a little heavy and the clasp is metal so it kind of pulls down on the headphones a tad.

The cable is a bit of an overkill, but it's definitely premium.
    https://penon-official.com/product/bs1-official-version/

19. Griffin

31 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Colorado + 1080 RP
    Edited last year by Griffin

MrZ Tomahawk

-image-

I don't think this will appeal to bassheads but these headphones are fantastic for classical and vocal type music. Tho it does have bass but lacks a little in the sub.

20. Breeze

31 Jan 2018 User since 2015 London + 838 RP

Alright guys, I know you are talking about earbuds but lately I've been looking at the KZ ZS6. I've never used an IEM but I hear the bass and isolation is much better, they are $35-45 on Aliexpress and are quad drivers on each side similar to the Shure 846

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

Anybody that have used these, please provide feedback
    thanks guys! (o^_^o)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!