Youtube is Terminating Partnerships

1. last year

grim

17 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 380 RP

So youtube decided to take whatever little money you were making and just close the door on you completely. I'm pretty disappointed in Youtube but I can't say I'm surprised. I was pulling in about $17-$30 a month and even though that's not a lot of money, that's still gas in the car, light grocery shopping.

Do you realize how much money Youtube will be making off this? All balances will revert back to Google.

-image-

I’ve been a Partner for over ten years with no strikes. And because I didn’t get 4,000 watch hours last year, you’re terminating my Partnership?! F. U. Youtube. You’ve turned a Vlogger friendly site into a teen model site.

"Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, your YouTube channel, (You), are no longer eligible for monetization because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. As a result, your channel will lose access to all monetization tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program on February 20, 2018 unless you surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Accordingly, this email serves as 30 days notice that your YouTube Partner Program terms are terminated."

2. chrisville

17 Jan 2018 User since 2017 + 844 RP

'@grim' didn't see that coming very bad news for smaller creators like myself good to build more than one channel

3. 80z

17 Jan 2018 User since 2015 + 863 RP

Yeah, kicking people out that were already in is definitely a big jerk move. Ideally this would be a change that would only apply to new accounts starting today.

Dick move Youtube.

4. godlike

17 Jan 2018 User since 2015 New York + 842 RP

They stopped caring about smaller channels years ago : /

5. Jaytay

17 Jan 2018 User since 2015 + 287 RP

My youtube partnership was just fucking terminated because I dont get enough views. I've been working my ass off putting content on youtube since I was 13, & people like logan paul are out here filming suicide victims & still getting monetized & supported.

6. Des

17 Jan 2018 User since 2015 + 438 RP

There goes my $100 a month revenue, lol.

Whatever, the SOUNDGINE platform is where I make my money.
    Fuck off Youtube, it's people like us that made your website possible.

7. PixelSashay

17 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2424 RP

YouTube to the general public specifically small income channels:

"Thank you for giving me millions of dollars it's only because of your content that I can exploit & disregard you. However, here is a token of our gratitude though. . .if you reach our new eligibility requirements we will let you back in for monetization, oh not to mention we are also giving you a whopping 30 days notice! Isn't that super awesome? But while we're at it though whatever pennies you've made we take because. . .well because we can"

I mean isn't it hard enough already to wear all the hats, find the time to be creative, make something then create the content, push & market it. . .blah blah blah for some it's months for others it's years to then only get hit with, I'm pulling the plug?

No surprises here, that's just the way it goes. . . (o^_^o) -_-;

8. Jaytay

17 Jan 2018 User since 2015 + 287 RP

Not sure if I'll continue making content for their platform, just one big step after another

9. Tyson

17 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Hawaii + 804 RP

'@Jaytay' Youtube doesn't care if you do if you're not a big content creator. Youtube (Google) is all about appeasing its advertisers.

10. Marketron

17 Jan 2018 User since 2015 San Diego + 220 RP

I know people are upset but Youtube is still a great place to showcase your work and have people discover you, just don't see YT as a place to make money.

Think about it, Youtube is free to use.

11. itbangz

18 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 + 1508 RP

Im not even about monetizing, but paying for ads, and still its hard to get views.

@grim' S

Do you realize how much money Youtube will be making off this? All balances will revert back to Google.

Why? Ads will not run on your videos.

12. knocksquared

18 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2014 Atlanta Ga area + 1225 RP
    Edited last year by knocksquared

Honestly.... the new "requirements" that youtube has rolled out really are not that bad. Use it as motivation to make your channel better. If you think of yourself as "small" and not able to achieve the new guidelines then you will stay small. As someone already mentioned... youtube is a GREAT place to showcase your work...and if you can't seem to get views... try harder...and if that doesn't work... try harder. If you want it...you can get it. YOU chose this life/hobby/career... if you want it...get it. Stop crying and GO !!!

or Sign Up to reply!