Add a Subscription Model to your Business

1. 8 months ago

Soundgine

4 Jan 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 15877 RP
    Edited 8 months ago by Soundgine

Many of you already knew we were going to add a subscription model to your VUE profiles, some of you didn't. We really feel this is a game changer indeed, and anyone with VUE can monetize with new feature. Watch the video and get the general idea.

This will be available by Saturday. We are ULTRA excited and can't wait to see this in action.

2. mixmp

4 Jan 2018 User since 2017 Hartford, CT + 399 RP

this is wild! thank you guys.

3. Tone

4 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Florida USA + 634 RP

This is real innovation, it's not a new concept and I can't express how much I appreciate this new tool, it's going to expand my business further.

4. Breeze

4 Jan 2018 User since 2015 London + 716 RP

Christmas was the 25th, but my Christmas is today.

5. Soundgine

Forgot to mention a key thing. You can still sell individual beats like you usually do having customers come to your website the regular way AND have subscribers singing up alongside. So best of both worlds.

6. Soundgine

The next video will show you how it will look like from a subscriber point of view. Stay tuned.

7. PixelSashay

4 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 2 4 6 + 2415 RP

-image-
    To all who made this possible, the producer who introduced & paid for development' @Codemaker' & the entire' @Soundgine' team.

~If you never felt like you were running a real business before, this additional feature sure will now. . .feeling all extra sophisticated & ish. (o^_^o) Conversations between artist/buyers in general should be a lot more interesting now. Plus the extra perks you could offer with each as well, mix & mastering services, custom beat, merch. . .etc

Artist
    "That beat is out of my budget"

Producer
    "Oh no worries, use my monthly subscription service & save"

8. fusion

4 Jan 2018 User since 2016 Florida, USA + 470 RP

This is genuinely exciting.

9. That's what's up, great work guys !

10. grim

4 Jan 2018 User since 2016 + 372 RP

Great implementation running the regular store and subscription side by side instead of like you said throwing it behind a paywall. I have my own website but I have to admit, switching over to use this feature is more of a net gain.

It also looks like you just made an update by replacing the Membership link on top to Login which is exactly what I was hoping for. Users don't want to click too many times just to login, smart move.

congrats guys.

11. Jarvis

4 Jan 2018 Administrator User since 2016 Los Angeles + 747 RP

There is still some minor work to do including

1. Final tidying of the design
    2. Making sure the pages are locked with the secure SSL
    3. Checking for mobile compatibility
    3. Soft launch and re-test.
    '
    @Codemaker' really outdid himself here and deserves some real praise. Vic from' @Soundgine' for designing the interface. Me for...well double checking the work.

I guess you can call this VUE 2.0 and I hope you guys utilize this tool to the fullest.

Much Love.

12. SkillyMusic

4 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2437 RP

good job' @Soundgine'' @Codemaker' and' @Jarvis' ! Dope addon! I've seen producers do this before and of course so many other companies offer subscription models.

I was wondering though, how do we set up the cancelling of the subscription? I guess subscribers should be able to cancel on a monthly basis right? But then again, people could easily exploit this feature right? Like let's say you get 15 instant downloads for 20 bucks a month. What if they sign up, download 15 beats and the cancel? It's like they get away with a better bulk price just like that. Maybe I am missing something though and of course you don't necessarily have to include instant downloads. But any thoughts on this guys?

Other than that I love it!

13. Ibsenproducer

5 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2016 Venezuela + 1695 RP

Outstanding update guys!!! Amazing Job!! I'm going to look for a way to implement VUE outside of my original website, since it's really an incredible update

14. sontwisted

5 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 Brooklyn NY + 2010 RP
    Edited 8 months ago by sontwisted

' @Jarvis' will we have the ability to specify which beats they can download'
    @SkillyMusic' only allow a set number of beat downloads per month and suspend them if they dont pay

15. Soundgine

5 Jan 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 15877 RP

@SkillyMusic' good job' @Soundgine'' @Codemaker' and' @Jarvis' ! Dope addon! I've seen producers do this before and of course so many other companies offer subscription models.

I was wondering though, how do we set up the canceling of the subscription? I guess subscribers should be able to cancel on a monthly basis right? But then again, people could easily exploit this feature right? Like let's say you get 15 instant downloads for 20 bucks a month. What if they sign up, download 15 beats and the cancel? It's like they get away with a better bulk price just like that. Maybe I am missing something though and of course you don't necessarily have to include instant downloads. But any thoughts on this guys?

Other than that I love it!

The canceling of accounts can be done inside of your admin panel, one click and it's done.
    Subscribers have their own admin panel where they can choose to cancel if they wish as well.

Exploit? Well, technically you can exploit any subscription based system where you download a set amount for a price, it's not really an exploit, it's a choice on how they want to handle the particular membership. They already paid you so they can do what they want under your rules.

This is where smart pricing comes into play and how many downloads you are willing to give up a month. For example, we have a producer that has everything available to download...everything, no limitations and he's getting a lot of people signing up and staying, he already on his 3rd month with the program.

This method may not be for everyone, so use your judgment as everyone is different. A lot of factors are in play here, do you have a huge catalog? small? do you create a lot of content? not so much?

The other wildcard possibility is that this subscription feature may not match the producer's goals and gameplan.

16. OHLY

5 Jan 2018 Administrator User since 2015 London - Los Angeles + 1090 RP

Also keep in mind the people that succeed most with these subscription plans are those that offer more than just beat downloads, this gives them the incentive to stay.

This is where creativity kicks in. <(^.^)>

17. Soundgine

@sontwisted'' @Jarvis' will we have the ability to specify which beats they can download'
    @SkillyMusic' only allow a set number of beat downloads per month and suspend them if they dont pay

1. You can't choose "select" beats but you can choose a specific license, so if you want to have subscriptions for just leases, that is currently possible.

2. If they don't pay they will automatically be kicked out of the system, they will have to reactivate if they want back in.

18. SkillyMusic

5 Jan 2018 Power Contributor User since 2015 + 2437 RP

@Soundgine' The canceling of accounts can be done inside of your admin panel, one click and it's done.
    Subscribers have their own admin panel where they can choose to cancel if they wish as well.

Exploit? Well, technically you can exploit any subscription based system where you download a set amount for a price, it's not really an exploit, it's a choice on how they want to handle the particular membership. They already paid you so they can do what they want under your rules.

This is where smart pricing comes into play and how many downloads you are willing to give up a month. For example, we have a producer that has everything available to download...everything, no limitations and he's getting a lot of people signing up and staying, he already on his 3rd month with the program.

This method may not be for everyone, so use your judgment as everyone is different. A lot of factors are in play here, do you have a huge catalog? small? do you create a lot of content? not so much?

The other wildcard possibility is that this subscription feature may not match the producer's goals and gameplan.

Thanks for clarifying. I see what you‘re saying!

19. Soundgine

'@SkillyMusic' Most definitely.

Hey, I may have taken the Amazon Prime trial subscription just for free shipping (twice) lol. But now I'm a full Prime member.

Ok, update:

We just completed full SSL on all sign-up pages for the subscription service.

-image-

20. Soundgine

6 Jan 2018 Administrator User since 2014 Los Angeles + 15877 RP
    Edited 8 months ago by Soundgine

This video shows you what it looks like from a subscribers side. Launch will be midnight Dec. 6th
    It is a $10 addon, so purchase it from the store link in your admin panel and it will activate right away. I would figure out your subscription plans first as once you activate, it shows up right away. (Login screen, subscription banner, etc.)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!